14 Assisted Living Facilities near Tinton Falls, NJ
Also serving communities of Lincroft, Eatontown.
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tinton Falls area, with 4 in Tinton Falls and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tinton Falls is $4,850 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Middletown with an average starting cost of $4,685.
To help you with your search, browse the 96 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tinton Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tinton Falls 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Shrewsbury with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tinton Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Tinton Falls, NJ
10 Assisted Living Facilities near Tinton Falls, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tinton Falls
Historic Tinton Falls, N.J., founded in 1655, is located in Monmouth County and is 10 miles from the beaches of the Jersey Shore. Tinton Falls has several community organizations including a woman’s club and an active 55+ senior citizens group.
Tinton Falls is home to four assisted living communities with an additional nine in the surrounding areas. Tinton Falls’ four assisted living facilities provide myriad services and amenities, including medication assistance, grooming, bathing, and dressing assistance.
Assisted living facilities in Tinton Falls as well as in the rest of New Jersey are overseen by the Department of Human Services, Division of Aging Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tinton Falls
- Tinton Falls enjoys all four seasons. Winters can be cold with temperatures in the 30s, which may be good news for seniors who like winter activities. For those who prefer summer temperatures, the averages in Tinton Falls are in the 70s and 80s, moderate enough for seniors to venture outdoors.
- The American Lung Association includes Tinton Falls in the metro-NY/NJ area, which is ranked very low for air quality. Poor air quality can aggravate respiratory and heart conditions in seniors.
- The overall cost of living in Tinton Falls is 129, higher than the national average of 100. The price of housing in Tinton Falls has the most significant impact. Grocery, health care and transportation are only slightly higher than the national average, 105.
- The crime rate in Tinton Falls is significantly lower than the nationwide average. The violent crime rate is 20.6 compared to the US average of 31.1, and the property crime rate is 33.6 compared to 38.1. The comfort and sense of security that come with living in a low crime area like Tinton Falls is attractive to seniors.
- The Tinton Falls area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Monmouth Medical Center, CentraState Medical Center, Jersey Shore Medical Center and Bayshore Community, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Tinton Falls has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Citizens Group for 55+. The Borough of Tinton Falls offers aerobics classes for seniors, and the Monmouth County Office on Aging, which includes Tinton Falls, provides information on services and resources available for seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tinton Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Tinton Falls start around $4,850 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tinton Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tinton Falls
The State of New Jersey created the Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports managed care system, which falls under the Comprehensive Medicaid Waiver system with no enrollment caps.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tinton Falls
Tinton Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tinton Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tinton Falls
Tinton Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Tinton Falls, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tinton Falls
Review of Seabrook Retirement Community
We moved my mother-in-law in to the Seabrook assisted care part. She was in their independent living facility prior to this. So far, so good. It's been almost a month that she's been in there. It's... Read more
Review of Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury
My mom was at Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury. When we first went there, cosmetically, we were impressed. It looked like a very nice place. It seemed very clean. In the first couple of weeks, she was fine... Read more
Review of Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury
We're very pleased with Arbor Terrace Shrewsbury and we’re very happy that my mother is happy. My mom has a newly renovated 1-bedroom apartment. It was all new and a nice size. The people are very ... Read more