15 Assisted Living Facilities near Matawan, NJ
Also serving communities of Old Bridge.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Matawan area, with 3 in Matawan and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Matawan is $5,840 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Marlboro with an average starting cost of $5,040.
To help you with your search, browse the 84 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Matawan. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Matawan 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Marlboro with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Matawan, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Matawan, NJ
12 Assisted Living Facilities near Matawan, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Matawan
Matawan, New Jersey, is home of the famous “Doughboy” sculpture created and donated to the city by artist E.M. Voquesney. It stands in Memorial Park where the area’s 8,810 residents, of whom 1,027 are seniors, can admire it as they reminisce about days gone by. Matawan seniors who need additional assistance with the aspects of daily living can get support from one of the city’s three assisted living facilities, or if they prefer, in one of the 11 additional facilities located in nearby regions.
In Matawan, and in all of New Jersey, assisted living services are provided by assisted living residences, comprehensive personal care homes and assisted living programs, all of which are licensed by the Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Matawan
- New Jersey does not tax seniors on Social Security benefits and only partially taxes retirement savings account withdrawals and pensions, which could result in Matawan seniors having more money to put toward their monthly expenses.
- Matawan has very low crime rates, which might appeal to safety-conscious seniors and their families. The city has a violent crime rate of 6.7 and a property crime rate of 13, both significantly less than the corresponding U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- The Matawan area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Holmdel.
- The cost of living in Matawan is 136.2, higher than both the New Jersey average of 132.6 and the U.S. average of 100. Groceries, housing and transportation expenses are all higher than the national average at 104.4, 196.9 and 118.3, which could drive up facility expenses in the area. Healthcare expenses are lower in Matawan at 96.7, something seniors with chronic medical conditions may want to consider.
- Seniors with difficulty breathing in other areas of New Jersey may find that they breathe easier in Matawan. On a 100-point scale where lower numbers indicate poorer air quality, the city has a rank of 63, five points higher than the national average of 58.
- Temperatures in Matawan are warm in the summer with 85-degree highs, and cooler in the winter with lows of around 24, which could interest seniors who dislike extreme summer or winter temperatures.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Matawan
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Matawan start around $5,840 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Matawan and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Matawan
Matawan seniors who require help with their assisted living expenses may be able to get financial support through a New Jersey Medicaid program called Managed Long-Term Services and Supports.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Matawan
Matawan and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Matawan, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Matawan
Matawan-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Matawan, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Matawan
Review of Atrium of Matawan
I visited Atrium Senior Living of Matawan. It was very nice, the people were very nice there, and they have a very nice facility, but it was too expensive. It would be a very nice place to live. Th... Read more
Review of Atrium of Matawan
I like the personnel at Atrium Senior Living of Matawan and the way they treated my mother especially. They treated my mother wonderful. She's only been there for six weeks, but she's gotten very g... Read more
Review of Atrium of Matawan
My mother in law is a resident here and recently had an episode where she was very confused and disorientated. While they were waiting for the ambulance to take her to the hospital, the aides took ... Read more