Atlanta is the capital city of Georgia and is known for the important role that it played in the Civil War. The city has a population of about 488,800, and 9.7% of residents are over the age of 65. Seniors who reside in Atlanta have access to excellent medical facilities at Emory University Hospital. This teaching hospital is nationally ranked in 8 specialties by the USN Best Hospital System. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average monthly cost of a semiprivate room in nursing home care in Atlanta is $6,950 which is about $700 less than the national average of $7,756.

Nursing home care provides a high level of assistance and medical care for seniors who have a chronic illness or are medically frail. This level of care can be very expensive due to the large number of qualified medical staff required at each facility. Family members may want to consider alternative care options if their loved one does not require a high level of medical care. Care options in Atlanta include assisted living and home care

This guide looks at the cost of nursing home care in Atlanta and alternative options.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Atlanta, GA

Dunwoody Health And Rehabilitation Center

5470 Meridian Mark Road, Bldg E, Atlanta, GA, 30342

New company management. Lots of improvement and glad to see the positive changes from increased staffing to the remodels of the facility. Happy to see the positive changes from my experience a few … (read more)

Nurse Care of Buckhead

2920 Pharr Court South NW , Atlanta, GA, 30305

Horrible, Horrible. Horrible. Unreachable, no cohesion, lack of concern, phone rings 30 times and still no answer, no follow up to complaints, no designated person to go to. Roomate walks around in h … (read more)

Pruitthealth- Brookhaven

3535 Ashton Woods Drive NE, Atlanta, GA, 30319

If one has any alternative to the Ashton Woods facility in Atlanta I advise you to consider it. My brother was sitting in his own waste filled diaper in a cluttered dark room. The food is terrible. T … (read more)

A.G. Rhodes Home Wesley Woods

1819 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA, 30329

I can’t say enough good things about AG Rhodes at Wesley Woods! From the day my mother in law got there she was welcomed as part of the “family”. Her care has been outstanding, everyone is att … (read more)

Shepherd Center

2020 Peachtree Rd NW, Atlanta, GA, 30309

I was at Sheperd Center for about nine months and the care was fantastic. The therapists were diligent. Slowly, I was able to move my body again. They strengthened my body and the activities or exerci … (read more)

Sandy Springs Center for Nursing and Healing

1500 S Johnson Ferry Rd Ne, Atlanta, GA, 30319

This place is terrible. My father stayed there for almost a month "recovery from a hospital visit" As far as I can tell they did nothing except give him food and water. I asked repeatedly to get him c … (read more)

Budd Terrace

1833 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA, 30329

I don’t know what it is about this place but it surely makes my mother happy. She gets everything she needs as far as healthcare. The rooms are cleaned daily. She gets excited every time someone wal … (read more)

Fountainview Center for Alzheimers

2631 NORTH DRUID HILLS ROAD N E, Atlanta, GA, 30329

Fountainview Center for Alzheimer’s was nice, but a little bit expensive. It looked clean, light, and airy. They have activities for the wing that my mother would be in like music therapy and hand mas … (read more)

A. G. Rhodes

350 Boulevard Southeast, Atlanta, GA, 30312

Facility will not complete the Death Certificate until all monies is paid from Medicare and all insurances. Holding the Death Certificate Hostage going on 2 months and the medical records depts. wil … (read more)

Signature Healthcare of Buckhead

54 Peachtree Park Drive NE, Atlanta, GA, 30309

checked myself out of this facility after 2 days. Management is the problem. The facillity is old (my room wasn’t renovated. the room I was in had a bed with controls that was from the 70’s or 80′ … (read more)

Sadie G. Mays Health & Rehabilitation Center

1821 ANDERSON AVENUE NW, Atlanta, GA, 30314

I toured Sadie G. Mays Health and Rehabilitation Center, but I didn’t like it. It looked outdated, it didn’t look like a place I would want to put my mother in. The lady that gave me the tour was ok, … (read more)

Reliable Health & Rehab at Lakewood

1980 Arrow Street SW, Atlanta, GA, 30310

Although there are some nice people at the facility, I have found it difficult to get a few of the night shift nurses to do anything for my disabled husband. He has a track record of severe UTIs, a … (read more)

Crestview Health & Rehab Ctr

2800 Springdale Road, Atlanta, GA, 30315

My mother is in rehab at Crestview Health & Rehabilitation Center. We are familiar with the staff because she has been there once before, so she was quite pleased to be able to get back into Crest … (read more)

Westminster Commons

560 ST CHARLES AVE, NE, Atlanta, GA, 30308

I will not recommend West minster Commons the staff here are unprofessional, rude , and disrespectful. My grandfather was here and he did not like his stay . I had multiple incidents with the staff. … (read more)

Fulton Center for Rehabilitation

2850 Springdale Road SW, Atlanta, GA, 30315

Please DO NOT send your loved ones to this location! My Stepdad was sent here for rehabilitation. He was placed in a room with no tv, rust everywhere, broken toilet, and his bed was next to a closet f … (read more)

CLOSED – Briarcliff Haven Healthcare and Rehab Center

1000 BRIARCLIFF ROAD, Atlanta, GA, 30306

too many problems to start…bad care, patients dont get medicine on time, no one greeted my family when we first admitted, nurses seem like they dont have a clue. some of the staff, whenever they can … (read more)

Heritage Healthcare of West Atlanta

2645 WHITING STREET N.W., Atlanta, GA, 30318

The Zaban Tower

3156 HOWELL MILL ROAD,NW, Atlanta, GA, 30327

Lenbrook

3747 Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA, 30319

Nursing Home Costs in Atlanta, Georgia

The average monthly cost of nursing home care in Atlanta is $6,950 for a semiprivate room and $7,559 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Family members may be interested in the costs of nursing home care in nearby cities as care in these cities might be a better option for their loved ones. The average cost of nursing home care in a semiprivate room in Atlanta is $6,950 which is less than the national average of $7,756 but slightly more than the statewide average of $6,722.

The cost of care is higher in nearby Valdosta ($7,841). However, nursing home care is similar in Albany ($6,813) and cheaper in neighboring Brunswick ($6,418), Augusta ($6,509) and Columbus ($6,494).

$6950

Augusta

$6494

Columbus

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Looking at alternative care options may be a cost-effective option for family members. The least expensive care option in Atlanta is adult day health care which has an average monthly cost of $1,300. Assisted living has an average monthly cost of $4,000. Homemaker services and home health aide services have an average cost of $4,147 and $4,195, respectively. The average costs of nursing home care in Atlanta is $6,950 for a semiprivate room and $7,559 for a private room.

$1300

$7559

Nursing Home Care – Private

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Atlanta, Georgia

Free Resources for Seniors in Atlanta, Georgia

These resources may be of interest to seniors in Atlanta who want to remain independent in their own homes for as long as possible with the assistance they require. However, there is help for those who are ready to move into a nursing home.

ResourceContactServices
Senior Transport(404) 613-6000The Senior Transport program of Fulton County is operated in conjunction with the Uber/Lyft ride systems. Seniors pay a once-off registration fee and after that pay a small set fee for each ride. Participants are limited to 16 rides each month and there is a mileage limit for each trip. TransDev provides a free ride system but this system is not door-to-door. Seniors need to be 60 and over to be eligible for either system.
Home Delivered Meals(404) 613-6000This program provides free meals to homebound seniors in the Atlanta area. Seniors need to be over the age of 65 and an over the phone assessment is done to ensure eligibility for the program. Income restrictions do apply and special diets cannot be accommodated. Meals are delivered around noon each day by volunteer drivers.
Georgia Cares(866) 552-4464The SHIP program is funded by the federal government with the aim of providing factual assistance to Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers. The counselors assist seniors to apply for any benefits that they may be eligible for and ensure that they are getting the funds and financial assistance they are entitled to. All services offered by the program are free of charge and any available throughout the week.