North Decatur Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of North Decatur Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for North Decatur Health and Rehabilitation Center

February 09, 2016

By JM8

Golden LivingCenter – Decatur was not the place I want my mother to actually end up with, but it is secure. She ended up sharing a room with another lady. Resources-wise, there are not a whole lot of choices for her. It's clean, and the staff is good. We could still take in a lot of her stuff to make her feel at home there. The food is OK. They make sure that they have nutritious diet, they're fed well, they are not starving, and they get plenty of food. They make sure that they get everything, vegetables, fruits, and bread. Overall, it's not great, but it is good. They do have games, some other things they can do to keep their minds occupied, keep them going, and fun things to do with everybody.

February 26, 2014

I've had some issues and I would bring them to their attention and they work more to rectify the issue. Golden LivingCenter is an old building. When you walk in it really smells like a very old nursing home to me. I'm not pleased. I understand that this rehab facility works with elderly people however it shouldn’t smell like it. Sometimes it just doesn't seem very caring to me. In choosing this particular place, we didn’t have a choice. Things happened to my mom so fast and this place was more feasible for me to get back and forth. Because in the beginning, I have to be with my mom everyday out there to help motivate her with her therapy. They lack in cleanliness. I understand you have some occasions that you are appointed to on a daily basis. However, I don’t want to walk in and see my mom in the sheets that are filthy. I don’t want to walk in and see her where she's lying in the bed, she’s been eating and her clothes are filthy. My mother may not want to be bothered, I understand some of those days. However, I get truly upset when I walk in and I see my mother lying there looking like nobody took care of her. The floors are sticky. It’s just not clean; it’s not around the clock. There are couple of people I had a meeting and I expressed all of these things to them. They began to be more vigilant and attentive to her. I’m not just throwing a bad rap on them however there issues there that I don’t like and because I’m there almost everyday, I see things and it makes me say it. Had they not attempted to satisfy me, then I would probably say I’ll try to find my mother somewhere else to go.

Photos of North Decatur Health and Rehabilitation Center