East Lake Arbor

Reviews of East Lake Arbor

Nursing Home Reviews for East Lake Arbor

July 11, 2015

By If you love your family member-READ THIS

There is much needed work to be done with this facility. First step...staffing and the appearance of the entrance and surroundings as a whole. The place seems more like an insane asylum than a senior living home...The nursing station is behind iron bars and iron security doors..which creates a very unpleasant atmosphere when visiting your relative. It is so easy for anyone to enter the building if the person wanted to cause harm to the residents or staff member during the day and especially during the evening/nights which is so dangerous you can never find a nurse on the floor because the nursing station is behind a security door and bars, they wouldn't even know if someone entered the building because there is never anyone on the floor who is outside of the security door at the nursing station. The dining area is old and grimy and the food appearance is not appetizing. Forget about a receptionist desk, if its your first time visiting or returning visiting there's no sign in and you will have to walk around to find an onsite nurse on the floor yourself. I know at some point in time there will be smells during changing of the residents who are unable to change themselves, but should the smell linger forever, even walking up the the door entrance of the building you can smell the center from the outside! The residents look sad and depressed, not clean, lying in the beds all the time- this is a depressing facility for seniors who want to enjoy their senior years, just a sad place - I wish I could just take all the elderly living in the place-out to a new place where they would be cared for with love. The outside...dirt spots where there should be grass grounds are not manicured, sidewalk under the awning is dirty and needs to be cleaned from debris and smells. The administrative staff i.e Director of Administration, Director of Nursing and Head Nurse - not good people for this type of business-trust me. The CNA's, Medical Asst, Activities and LPN's are great people, but I feel so sad at the conditions in which they must work...so unpleasant, and I pray that they all find themselves a better place to work, a place that appreciate them as great employees. Wow, I could go on and on, but this should be enough for you to understand how this place is operating and make a better decision before signing your loved one into the place. The owners should be ashamed with how their center and certain staff members treats the elderly people living at East Lake Arbor.

November 21, 2013

By Willie1

I placed my mother in The East Lake Arbor for nine days and it was horrible! The room was not clean. It was very dim and there were bugs in her room. The nursing staff was not friendly and they were not professional. They had more mental patients than they had regular patients that really need to be cared for. It seemed like it was more of a mental facility. I suggest that no one take their mother or father there.

December 10, 2012

By seekingtheimpossible

I think managment means well but the place isn't up to par. Many times I enter and I am greeted by a foul odor and the staff just doesn't clean pass 3pm. They feed foods that make those who have no bodily control stink. They can't keep up with residents shoes or clothes. Don't take nice things there, they disappear. High turnover of CNA. They claim to be dementia but they aren't and all the CNA's keeping moving to the 1st floor while new CNA's are constantly changed on the second floor.

November 08, 2012

By dyant

It seems like at most of these facilities, there should be a correlation between the cleanliness of the facilities and you get what you pay for. At this particular facility, we pay a large amount, but as many times we been there the place has been unclean. The service or attention for my grandparent is not always up to par. The clothes that we store for him in his closet often end up on "someone else" grandparent. The workers do a better job when people are watching them, but most times you can tell just by looking at the patients, someones acting extra nice. It is otherwise a great facility, I am very thankful that my grandparent is there but sometimes I just wish I wouldn't see "grandpa Jack" wearing MY grandfathers long sleeve. I look at the bulletin and see that they do offer activities for the seniors and patients in keeping them active, so that's a plus.

Services and Amenities of East Lake Arbor

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About East Lake Arbor

East Lake Arbor is a senior living provider in Decatur, Georgia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact East Lake Arbor for more details on services and rates.

Map of East Lake Arbor