Dunwoody Health and Rehabilitation Center Atlanta, GA

Reviews of Dunwoody Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Dunwoody Health and Rehabilitation Center

October 30, 2019

By A really good nurse name Najar

Najar is a nurse on the 3rd floor is very professional and attend to all needs on that floor even if she is not assigned to that patient. Always nice and caring to all patients. She is definitely a team player which she gives assistant to all her staff employees and her patients. I always feels at ease when I know she is working a double shift. My husband is in great care with her. I wish you all had more nurses like her.

September 08, 2019

By Sorry Service

My mom is here in this facility has been 2 years and it has really changed since, looking for another option it takes them to long to change patients once they have had accident in pullup and she has fell since coming here and had to get stitch. Consider other options please!!!

We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience with us at Dunwoody Health and Rehabilitation Center. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us directly when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

November 01, 2018

By Miss B's friend

Please, please watch for current evaluations. This place has made strides in cleanliness, but other things are terribly overlooked and mismanaged. The food never matched what was on the ticket. My 93 year old friend went in at 78 pounds, was ordered a high caloric diet with high caloric treats. From day one into her second month, until I started putting the milks on the director's desk, she was sent either skim or 2% milk. Never any ice cream or other high calorie treats. It took me going to the managing company to begin to get help. Don't dare let them assign you to Dr. Nguyen. He was worthless. Over a month's time, I had to request daily that they discontinue drawing blood out of this dying little 66 pound lady and yet, the the day before she died, they were still drawing her blood. Then, the final blow was when they sent her body to the wrong place (I had been in 10 days earlier to get the information into their system of who I wanted to pick up her body). It wasn't until the different place called me to say they had some papers for me to sign that I had a clue where her body was. Communication stinks. Watch over your loved one and their care carefully if this is your only choice.

January 09, 2018

By dinan_m3

This place is horrible. My 79-year old Mom was there after hip surgery after falling. She had three staff members in the room with her and tried to pick up something and fell for a second time! How is this allowed to happen? Besides that, the nurses never respond in a timely fashion and ignore patients' requests. Do NOT send your loved one here!!!!

April 08, 2017

By Average Joe

The facility is dirty and the nursing staff is lazy. I thought they would change when they became Dunwoody Health and Rehabilitation but it has not. The rehab staff is excellent and the gentleman at the front desk is very friendly and always smiling. My mother was on the 4th floor and Mae is awesome. Unfortunately there are 2 bad eggs for every good one. Nursing staff is loud and rude and the turnover is awful. The Bistro could also use some better staffing. Seems like it was closed most of the time. Location is great and the place has potential but it really needs some work. Also, the patio area could be great if they would invest a little money into it.

April 06, 2017

By GUNNER

I RECENTLY VISITED A FRIEND AT THIS FACILITY. GIVING THE PLACE A "TERRIBLE" RATING IS A COMPLIMENT, I WOULD NOT BOARD MY DOG HERE, THE FACILITY WAS NASTY, THE STAFF WAS NON CARING AND INSOLENT, MY FRIEND SEEMED OVER SEDATED, AND NOT GETTING THE CORRECT MEDICAL CARE. ALL IN ALL, IT SHOULD BE CLOSED DOWN. SHOCKINGLY DISGUSTING

February 04, 2017

By regularguy76@yahoo.com

Do not under any circumstances let a loved on go to this facility. They lie about services on the tour. They don't follow the doctor's orders for treatment. The rehab group is a joke. After dealing with all of this, the only way to get any kind of response was to constantly call management. I made a report to the state about lack of care. After talking to other people after it was all over, others had similar experiences, even problems that others will deal with for the rest of their lives.

January 09, 2017

By Kitty cat

The rooms was not clean and there was old linen stored in my Mom's room. The bathroom was horrible. I won't revommend this facility to my worse enemy. Staff was very inattentive.

August 26, 2016

By Adillie

My mom was moved to Golden Living for hospice care. While at Golden Living she was given the best of care. The staff, from the business office to the housekeeping were all great, and everyone in between. The food was good, the place was clean and the nursing staff excellent. The caseworker checked on us everyday and if we needed anything she made sure we had it. The first day mom arrived at Golden Living there were a few problems. But they were due to miscommunication on the part of the hospice and the assisted living place my mom came from. Golden Living did what the could to take care of the problem. There were some outstanding people at Golden Living but if I start to give names I may leave some out. So I will say that all the staff was grea.t. Myself and my family were very pleased with Golden Living.

January 15, 2016

By Gwen17

My mom had a stroke and she was transferred to Golden LivingCenter for rehab for 30 days. She was in a nice and comfortable semi-private room. The food was good, and they offer balanced meals. However, the care was not as they hyped it to be. When my mom call for a nurse, it took them 30 minutes to get there.

January 07, 2016

By Louise daughter

My mom was placed there for recovery after a surgical procedure to remove a boil. Within 4 days of her admittal to this facility, she died. My mom never received the oxygen that she was supposed to get and to make matters worse, she was given medication that she was not to have. I called to complain to departmental head while everything was going and now 7 months after my mom's death, I still have not received a return call! I wouldn't send my cat to this place! The staff is extremely lazy!

December 17, 2015

By Eileen H.

I had a family member here about 2 and a 1/2 years ago and she had a very unpleasant experience. My Uncle had a fall and came here about 4 weeks ago and I must say that it has improved significantly. There appears to be new management in place and they have made many improvements with customer service and seem very caring. My uncle has a couple of weeks to go in therapy and I will certainly stay vigilant to ensure they keep up the new standard!

December 16, 2015

By Don Kell

This place is awful! The staff treat the patents so poorly they should all be arrested. My 90 year old stepfather was there for less than 14 hours. He did not receive his medication, his bed was broken. His oxygen ran out and the staff gave the storage code to my minor nephew and was told to replace the tank himself! The next morning he was found naked on the bed with no sheets or covers at all. We called 911 and had him removed and returned to the hospital within 14 hours of arriving. This place should be shut down!

July 15, 2015

By #thinkagain

Other

There is no security at night. 2 weeks ago a man walked off the streets in the building. The doors are always unlocked. Yesterday not 1 but 2 residents went missing. Both were found safely but something needs to be done to secure the building at night. Day CNA staff are very lazy. All they do is sit around on their phones instead of attending to our loved one. Make this place your last resort.

June 30, 2015

By Whitley1

My father was at Golden LivingCenter for about three weeks. The staff was super sweet, the food was amazing, and the living quarters were just the best. But they needed more staff. They have a security person outside so you have to go through them to go into the facility. I have seen their rehab or workout area, and it was very high tech. I would rate them highly if they have more people.

March 19, 2015

Golden Living was chosen because he went there two years ago. This time it's better. They are paying attention more. The VA is the one who put him there. This time they seem to be doing a little bit better. It is spacious and clean. The social worker does call and try to arrange meetings. They will try different medicine, and the doctors do call back to try other things. This time around it is a lot better. He is in and out of the facility, but that is because situations came up. Now he is back there, and one of the reasons he is back at that one is because they accept patients with feeding tubes.

November 23, 2014

By appljuice

My mother went in to recover from knee surgery and I'm sad to say, her experience mirrors that of the other reviewers. Outside of her time with the physical and occupational therapists, that was the last thing that was done well. During her ~10-day stay Golden Living (GL): - Day 1: had a nurse who yelled at my mom "that's just the way it is" regarding dispensing her pain medication. - Day 2: Mom alerts me that other meds orders are messed up. They're giving her creams for issues she no longer has, yet not giving her asthma medications or have eliminated those medications from the order altogether. -Day 3 a group conference call happens where notes are taken and read back at the close of the meeting. That night: her meds are STILL messed up. - Final Day - she's going home....or so we think. Despite calls from home nursing care setting up visits, despite a mini-meeting with Mom's social worker where her future at home was discussed, the day of - a weekend - Mom is set to go home, but has none of the tools and aids ready. No wheelchair she can use at home, no walker, no raised toilet seat. She was just supposed to go home emty-handed. Turns out, the Case Manager failed to put in the order. She's still there now and I hope she's able to come home tomorrow.

October 14, 2013

By Bwils

My mother went here after knee surgery almost a week ago and it has been an awful experience. Most of the nurses have been rude and surly. She calls to ask for help and is often ignored. She hasn't had her meds as prescribed nor her care. This is a very poorly run center and I would never recommend it to anyone. She is miserable and we are having her moved.

August 01, 2013

By Ellen10

I went to Golden Living in Atlanta for a week and that was a terrible place. It was horrible, I can't even explain. They had me in this room with a woman who was sick, but lovely. Then they brought in a person that had a colon cancer and she had no control of her vowels and she would just go all over the place and the smell stink. She should be in a private room. So, they put me in other room which was so small and when I sleep, I had to put my leg up the dinner tray so I can have room because I had no room to move.

September 24, 2012

By L. Aguirre

The staff at Golden Living were attentive to the residents. Families assisted with many of the normal day to day care such as laundry, personal items, and outside meals or snacks. The actual building was older and a little outdated with regard to elevators and rooms. The rooms were small and difficult to manouver around when there were large hospital beds in the rooms. The staff at times did seem to have difficulty with patients who were bedridden or suffered from memory loss. These patients were at times found wandering the halls without assistance. My mother was looked after with great care but she did not require must assistance since she was only there for after surgery rehab. The permanent residents really seemed to enjoy their rooms and the accommodations. The facility was clean and the staff was readily available if any patients needed medication or assistance to the bathroom.

May 11, 2012

By Jackie R

My sister's condition got worse so I had to move her into this nursing home which is near her daughter's place. I have visited this facility several times and I was just in fact there this morning. All I can say is it's perfect for my sister and her daughter was quite satisfied with the service.

March 01, 2012

By JohnSmith1

This convalescent center is somewhere I visited several times a few years ago when my mother worked there as a RN. The staff was often overworked often with 17 patients per RN. LPNs were often there, but when they weren't the service was inadequate. The people seemed decently treated though there was little personal care time given to each resident due to the work hours that each Nurse had to put in. The senior staff was often rude to those working for them. Amenities included a dining hall and daily activities per floor. The facilities were clean and well managed on that level. The individual nurses seemed friendly, but were often overworked and not always available for patients. At times I noticed that the patient alarm bell that went off was not answered for as long as an hour because nurses simply couldn't afford to stop working on their paperwork. Some of the visiting family members would complain, but not a great deal that could be done. Overall the staff was professional and the issue was with the management. I would not recommend this place as a first choice for those looking for care, though there are many places that are worse. Overall, this is probably average for nursing homes in the US.

August 30, 2011

By Carol M.1

This facility was an average experience for my family member who was a patient. We did have a difficult time getting to speak with a doctor about changing medications and some of the adverse effects my family member was experiencing from a new medication. It took several days to get the issue resolved, and we never actually spoke to a doctor. The nurse on the floor was kind enough to make some phone calls to get the issue taken care of.

Costs for Dunwoody Health and Rehabilitation Center