Budd Terrace

Reviews of Budd Terrace

Nursing Home Reviews for Budd Terrace

November 15, 2018

By vshob

The therapy staff here is excellent! My mother was here for several weeks following her fall and hospitalization and the therapists got her back in shape and maybe even a little better than before. They have a new medical director from the ones in the reviews several years ago and she was very caring. The nursing staff was hit or miss, but we would definitely use Budd Terrace again just for the therapy staff.

August 03, 2018

By gmj

I was at Budd terrace for almost 3+ mths. There are 2 can's that took excellent care of me,2 therapist that were excellent. The rest of the staff didn't care at all..you stay wet, your calls for help go unanswered and the staff moves like a revolving door. I thought I was going to a top notch facility,I was wrong. I had bed sores,and bug bites.

April 06, 2017

By ConcernedAboutPatientCare

This facility does NOT live up to the Emory Healthcare standards of care. My relative has been at this facility recovering after surgery for several weeks and the list of issues we've had to deal with is long and ongoing. They nerever have enough nursing staff to address a patient's basic needs, the wait after pushing the nurses call button goes from some days being 10 minutes to other days being 2 hours, even from a bathroom emmergency! They have issues with cleanliness in several areas especially the water/ice machines with trays of half eaten meals all over the place, dirty and hit-or-miss on cups available along with other basics. The worse part is that the facility's administrator ignores any issues raised. Go somewhere else, don't think you're going to have anything close to the Emory Hospital care level!

March 12, 2017

By unsatisfied patient

The physical and occupational therapists here are the best I've ever encountered, however the nurses aides and nurses are hit and miss. Some are extremely good caregivers. Examples are Dency, Nicole and Michelle on the sixth floor. Unfortunately some of the nurses and aides are very poor. I was just treated extremely rudely and yelled at by an aide. Of course, her name tag was turned around so I couldn't read her name. Also, there was a scary experience involving a nurse a few days ago. I had never had this nurse, Simon, before. He came to give me maybe ten meds. I was not in my room and he had to bring them to the gym. I asked him who the meds were for. He said "628" which was my room number. I said " Smith?" And he said yes. I said wrong since this is not my name. The scripts could have been given to the wrong patient. He didn't seem to care. This is NOT the level of quality of care that I expect from Emory. I have also had to complain to The sixth floor nursing supervisor about several incidences here. All he does is say he's sorry over and over. The issues don't seem to be resolved well. I doubt I will use Emory for my healthcare needs in the future after this experience.

July 30, 2016

By Imwatchingyou

I have a dear friend currently there temporarily. Thank god. The nursing staff and therapy team are very friendly and put on a good show. However. They are terrible at communications and reading and following the charts. They tell you what you want to hear but do NOT follow directions and one therapist may say they write instructions in a chart. But know one takes the time to read them. Very poor transition from one nurse to another and from one shift to another. Even after meeting with staff and administration. Supposedly this is one of the better facilities in Atlanta. Very frustrating and disappointing. If you have some one here watch them closely and make sure you stay on top of their care. Pathetic excuse for care for Emory.

December 16, 2015

By cmarshal

Budd Terrace deserve ten stars in my opinion. This is an excellent facility that is filled with loving dedicated staff that always try to make the day as bright as possible for the residents. Many of the staff at Budd Terrace have been there for 20 years or more, you can feel that Budd Terrace is a "family" not a run for-profit facility. The medical and nursing care my mother has received over the past year as a LT resident has been truly excellent- they are immediately on top of even the smallest medical issue. Communications with me have also been excellent. I have never seen a nurse, aide, therapist, social worker or even maintenance staff not treat residents (and coworkers) politely and with dignity. The high quality of musical, intellectual and exercise activities and spiritual care are other bright areas also sets Budd Terrace apart from what's provided elsewhere. The day room environment is peaceful and there are 1st floor activity and meditation rooms and lovely outside areas too. The only mediocrity is that meals are pretty institutional. My mom is very happy and feels safe at Budd Terrace, a far cry from the scared and abused person she was at another ATL facility. I would highly recommend Budd Terrace to anyone looking for a facility that will treat their loved one as a person deserving of respect and not a number.

October 26, 2012

By VirginiaS1

Budd Terrace was wonderful. The people were great and the food was good. They were great in every respect.

September 01, 2011

By Kiera W

One of our family members was a resident here. One problem we had was when a nurse came in to collect a urine sample from my family member. We thought she had a UTI and requested a test. They "misplaced" the urine sample, and did not even realize it until we asked about a week later what the results were. They had to take urine again and by the time they realized she did have a UTI, our family member was urinating blood.

Services and Amenities of Budd Terrace

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Budd Terrace

Budd Terrace is a senior living provider in Atlanta, Georgia that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Budd Terrace for more details on services and rates.

Map of Budd Terrace