Independence Village of Plymouth

Reviews of Independence Village of Plymouth

Assisted Living Reviews for Independence Village of Plymouth

February 06, 2020

By Reviewer200202J2

Staff is friendly and smiling. A lot of activities to do every day and facility is very clean. Music concerts are a hit. The food is delicious. Excellent care. People come here to live their golden years.

June 18, 2019

By Frances

The RA team does exceptional service. They all work hard and always with a smile. They always respond when needed.

March 15, 2019

By Leslie

Our Mom has lived at Independence Village for almost 2 years. She is happy. She loves the exercise classes, the food and the entertainment. More importantly, she is in a safe place and receives excellent care from the Laurus staff. Thank you!

March 07, 2019

By Jeffrey

Very professional and personal service. The staff is pure customer service and shows they are 100%. Management staff is topnotch. Keep on doing what they are doing.

March 07, 2019

By Pam

My Mom lived at Independence Village Plymouth for three and half years until her passing. She and our family loved this place. My Mom thrived here with all the activities and beautiful apartment. I always left her after my visits knowing she was safe, sound and very happy.

July 27, 2017

By Tom Bolden

This is one of the cleanest well kept assisted living homes that I have visited. The staff is courteous and atmosphere is very inviting. My elderly aunt is extremely happy with all of the amenities and always raves about the food. Very impressed.

June 06, 2017

By mary400440

My tour of Independence Village was informative, and I got to see everything, so it was very good. The location was very nice and close to my home. I liked everything about it, except for the price, which was higher than most other homes. Other than that, it was a very nice place.

November 29, 2016

By Beth242202

Independence Village of Plymouth was a very nice and very clean place with nice, well-kept, clean rooms. The only thing that my friend didn’t particularly like was that they have several stories. She doesn't like taller buildings and has a fear of fire, and this place has several floors. They had great activities. The director was very nice. The residents were active. When I went in, there were moving about, and I saw activities, which was good. That means people aren’t just sitting in their rooms.

February 22, 2016

By Mark103227350

We moved my father into Independence Village of Plymouth on February 1st. What impressed us the most about it was the staff and also having the opportunity to talk with several of the residents that were there, which was an impromptu discussion. We went a few different times, and everything was always extremely positive. The living quarters are very spacious. They seem to have larger units than most places that we looked at, and it is very clean and bright inside. There's nothing unique about the food, but it's nice. They have several events going on each month. They set up special events where they do dinners out and go on small adventures for which the residents can sign up. They have transportation that can take them out for daily needs, like banking and groceries.

December 10, 2015

By Caring relative1

The staff at Plymouth Independence Village was very nice. The rooms were very clean and very nice. The dining room was pretty nice, though I did not try the food; it was very attractive. They had a piano player playing with people enjoying the music. In another room, there were some people playing games and cards, and in another place, they had a book club going on.

November 07, 2015

By Denise45

I visited Plymouth Independence Village, which was very nice. I like the homey feeling of the place and how they try to make the residents feel like they are in their own homes. They have lots of areas where you can relax. They have a gorgeous landscape, as well. The only reason why I didn’t end up having them go there was because the facility has a separate care company that you have to go through.

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Plymouth

March 22, 2021

By Dave Comps

The entire facility from the management on down down are first class. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff always has a smile on their faces, even working through the tough times of Covid 19. Dad adjusted to his new environment very easily and he enjoys the food as well. Whenever dad calls for assistance, someone is there to help. We needed assistance from Lauras and it also went very smoothly. Being in business for over 40 years, these are the type of people I want to deal with. My dad and our family definitely feel we made the right decision on him moving to Independence Village.

March 16, 2021

By Janalp

Great variety of meals to choose from. We are constantly being looked after by the care staff, they always are stopping by dropping off goodies! I like the fact that they offer on site therapy as well a beauty shop

March 16, 2021

By Cheri

My parents are thriving while living at IVP! They feel safe during the pandemic and doing very well. Very thankful they are well cared for and their nice apartment.

March 10, 2021

By Cynthia

The staff at Independence Village of Plymouth was very nice and very helpful. They showed us two rooms, and they were both beautiful. I hope eventually that's where my parents will end up. They actually brought a dinner to my parents' house, and it was very good according to them.

March 10, 2021

By Michigan Roots

My initial visit to Independent Village was August of 2020. My parents were at a point where they needed more than what their home could provide. The staff at our meeting and since my parents moved in have been incredible. They are engaging, happy, and very good with the residents. The rooms are well designed and functional. My parents are very active and enjoy the exercise classes, wii bowling, bingo, and enjoyable craft days and many more fun event days that are created by the amazing staff. The traveling cart daily is always a very welcome surprise. Dinners that are created daily by a chef (always keep dietary restrictions in mind) have been a joy to my mother since she spends a lot of time with my father who needs braces and a wheelchair to get around. One last note is the security of Independent Village. My parents sleep very well at night knowing they are safe and secure and if they need assistance, they can call the front desk or pull the cord. Now when my parents and I talk, they always have something exciting to speak about and I can hear the joy in their voices. It has been a terrific experience since they moved in. I also have gotten to know many of the staff and they always bring a smile to my face.

January 22, 2021

By moms best friend

Mom and I came here in 2014 and checked it and several other facilities out, when she wanted to remain independent. Selling her home after moving, she has been very happy with the people and the facility. As her daughter I have found them very caring, efficient, clean and some of the best foods available.

January 14, 2021

By Kate t

Mom loves her apartment, her neighbors , the staff and the dining room, but I want to congratulate the activity coordinators! They’ve always had great programs, but especially during Covid they’ve been so creative! They do something fun for the residents every day! They knock in their doors, always with a treat and a smile. Well, mostly they laugh! IV Plymouth goes the extra mile every day!

November 18, 2020

By Annie

The staff at Independence Village are angels! They are caring and compassionate and treat the residents as if they were their mom/dad. During COVID they found ways to engage the residents while keeping them safe. I would highly recommend this facility. Your loved ones will love it here!

November 17, 2020

By May

I moved from a facility that made me feel like a prisoner. I am so glad that my family moved me to Independence Village. The staff here truly care about my wellbeing and are always willing to help me no matter how big or small the problem!

October 15, 2020

By ReviewerAT1003

My mother is in Independence Village of Plymouth. Right now, things have been going well. She really loves the food. The room is spacious, and they have card games. I toured the place a year ago, and I found the people to be very nice, all the people that worked there.

February 06, 2020

By Jeanne

Independence Village of Plymouth is very nice. I like the people. Everybody seems friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean, very nice, and spacious. The dining room is very pretty, the food is very good, and there's quite a variety. You can do just about anything you want to do or you can do nothing. They have people coming in to entertain in the evenings, and they have movies. It's a fun place to be.

September 10, 2019

By Cmitchell

My grandmother lives at the community and she just loves it. She waited a long time, and now wishes she had not. Turns out she knew a TON of folks there already. She also is NEVER in her apt, constantly she always out having fun! She loves the food and the staff. This has been the best move for her and our family.

September 05, 2019

By Suzanne C.

My dad has lived at Independence Village Plymouth for over five years. He moved from Oregon to Michigan to be closer to family after my mother passed away. We looked at a variety of residences for him but IVP had the vibe of “home.” Very clean, well appointed with a fire in the hearth as we walked in to tour that winter day. Debbie Hall welcomed us warmly and took time in showing us the property. In the final decision, my father chose Independence Village because he felt welcome there. “They want me there,” he said. My dad continues to feel valued for the person he is to this day. He sings in the choir. He attends exercise classes. Because of this community he’s an active weightlifter, will be participating in a Veterans Honor Flight and has made many friends. There are numerous brand spanking new retirement residences popping up but Independence Village offers a homey atmosphere and caring staff that can’t be duplicated.

October 14, 2018

By Scott

My visit at Independence Village of Plymouth was nice, and the staff was excellent. It's an older place, about 30 to 40 year old, and it's a converted Hilton. You can tell by the layout, although it's not good or bad. It's not as nice as the newer community we also visited, and they didn't have the really nice restaurants there, but the way they structure things is the same as the other community. It looked like the main meal would be pretty good. One of the things I didn't like is that it's on the main road, and the apartment that was available opened up right on the parking lot. It's just a small parking lot with a road across, so her small dogs could sneak out and there might be trouble there. Other than that, I don't think there's anything else they can improve; they're good enough.

May 13, 2018

By BB

Independence Village of Plymouth is the best one we walked into. It is basically an old Hilton Hotel that's been converted to senior living. The staff is excellent. They're long-term people. The pricing is very good. I walked in on Thursday and signed a lease the following Thursday. That day, they had exactly what I wanted. It is a complete apartment. I'm very pleased with it. So far I'm loving every minute of it. They have excellent food and cleanliness. The menu changes everyday. You have five items daily, which changes from week to week, and then two meals that are alternatives for the day, which are also different everyday of the week. They have an exercise program and Bingo. They have everything you want. They have exercises in the mornings and field trips. It is just a very active place.

November 30, 2017

By Scott

I liked Independence Village, and I hoped to place my father there, but it did not work out. It's located next to a giant metro park, which would have been nice. It was close to me, and the people seemed to be very caring. They have a library, salon, and an outdoor patio, which was really nice.

May 22, 2017

By sally722557

I was really pleased with Independence Village. It had two or three levels and lots of activities, and was well organized and well decorated. They had a large dining room where we had lunch. They had a movie room, an exercise room, and an activity room. What turned us off was there was nowhere to walk to, and my husband needs to go out and walk. Also, the price was too high for our income. They had nice one- and two-bedroom apartments.

April 17, 2017

By Gerldene

Independence Village of Plymouth was wonderful and really nice. The amenities and what they had to offer were great, and I didn't find anything that I disliked about it. The follow-up was also good. They had options for independent living or if you need additional care. The layout plans of the apartments were based upon your needs as well as in-house care, like cleaning, transportation needs outside of the facility, breakfast and dinner, and activities at least four times a week. The overall program and everything they had to offer was wonderful. They also had respite care if you need it, a doctor and nurse on staff, and VA benefits if you're eligible. It was great and everything seemed to be in order.

April 17, 2017

By SM371363

Independence Village of Plymouth is excellent. The people are very friendly, and we have all types of entertainment and other activities. The dining area has white tablecloths and is very nice. I like the friendliness of all the people. We are mostly independent, but my husband does get some services.

July 13, 2015

Everything abot Plymouth Independence Village is very nice, and I do not have any issues with anything. Everybody is very friendly. The rooms are clean and roomy with nice, big bathrooms for the handicapped. I have not eaten there, but I have been down there with my family while they eat, and everything looks fine. They have bingo, and they have people who come in and sing. They have a choir, and they have a lot of things to do. The security is good. There is always somebody at the reception desk, and you cannot go in any of the side doors without a special code card to go in.

May 16, 2015

We found Independence Village of Plymouth, and we like it very much. It was a very uplifting place. We walked in that place, and it felt good. We also liked that they have a choir. They have all kinds of trips, and they travel within the 10-mile limit for doctors and other things. It is also very convenient.

February 25, 2015

Plymouth was excellent, and it’s a beautiful place. I have to have some place that is medically licensed. The staff was excellent. I went there during lunch time, and they were very happy to take care of us and show us around, and we spent quite a while there. It is a very nice and lovely place. I did go into one of the rooms; it’s a very lovely place, and it’s probably one of the better places around.

January 29, 2015

We found a place in Plymouth called Independence Village that has non-assisted and assisted living facilities. I thought it has good services, and the folks seem genuinely interested in taking care of folks who need assistance. The rooms are nice, and the daily services are good. They are responsive to my aunt's requests, and they seem very attentive to her needs. They have their meals, and they have a lot of activities. It keeps people busy and interested. That is important to us so that she's not by herself all the time. I think their services are fine. I don't have enough experience in assisted living, but it seems for my aunt it's been working out fine. We haven't experienced any issues there.

December 28, 2014

My mother-in-law is in Plymouth. We chose it because of its proximity to my home, and it has a balcony with a nice view. I am somewhat impressed with the staff. The apartment is beautiful, clean, and well maintained. The dining room is also beautiful, clean, and well maintained. The food is pretty good, and the staff in the dining room is also pretty good. They have a lot of various activities like concerts, games, and crafts. My only complaint in this place is that they don't have very good in-take procedures, so they can improve on that.

Hello, We appreciate your feedback. We loved reading how much you enjoyed our employees, the apartments and community in general. We work very hard to keep our residents’ home looking beautiful and filled with amazing things going on. We are always interested in opportunities to grow and develop in different areas. Please call our main community number and ask to speak with our Executive Director about the intake process and how we can improve. Thank you!

December 16, 2014

I went to Plymouth Independence Village, but they didn't meet our needs because I needed more care for my father. It was beautiful. It used to be a hotel before. It was very nice. The dining area was like going to a banquet or wedding reception. It was laid out nicely. The menu was set up just like at a hotel. They had it on the table written nicely. This place was very clean. The staff was nice. However, I didn't feel that it was safe enough only because it was too big. They had activities, like Wii games.

Costs for Independence Village of Plymouth

Photos of Independence Village of Plymouth

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Plymouth

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Get Costs

About Independence Village of Plymouth

Nestled in a meticulously landscaped setting, Independence Village of Plymouth is home to spacious, well-appointed apartment homes, an endless array of amenities and services and a dedicated and caring staff. Whether you’re indulging in a delicious chef-prepared meal with friends or just quietly enjoying the beauty of our surroundings, you’ll experience the genuine warmth of our community.

We have a passion for people, an affinity for teamwork and a desire to wholeheartedly enjoy life. Our community is alive with joy and possibilities thanks to our remarkable staff and dynamic residents.

Map of Independence Village of Plymouth