Parkside of Livonia

Reviews of Parkside of Livonia

Independent Living Reviews for Parkside of Livonia

March 17, 2021

By Rodney

I toured Parkside of Livonia yesterday. For the price, there were not many things included; you're responsible for a lot more there out of pocket. You're responsible for your laundry, your electricity, your meals, and your talking about maybe $500 worth of amenities. They have similar amenities like games, different rooms, libraries, and things of that nature, but amenities like Internet, cable, water, electricity, and food are a little bit different -- it's on you. The staff did a very good job. The maintenance was excellent. It seems very peaceful, very diverse, and nice.

November 23, 2020

By Reviewer102220204

I visited Parkside of Livonia Independent Senior Apartments. It was nice, but not quite what I'm looking for. I guess she was the assistant manager there, she took me around. The room was a nice size; the size that I needed, but I don't need to have extra meals and stuff like that. I do that myself. Parkside is more what I would call independent. You do your own thing, just pay to live there, and do your own shopping. They do have a library, and I believe they have a salon. The staff members were nice.

May 14, 2020

By disapointed 20

Why is food on the survey? There is none. Only one resturaunt choice and it is expensive. The rooms are drafty, smoke comes from other appartments, no central air, air conditioner doesn't turn off so it runs up the electric bill and doesn't get into bedrooms. Keeps you up all night. Rent raised every year and no justification for it except to get it up to or above initial rent rate. Especially now when we have everything shut down. Handicap people living on 2nd and 3rd floors jeapordising the lives of themselves and others living here if there was a fire. Some cannot even hear. So having a fire alarm that deafens the ones who can hear is not going to make them hear no matter how loud it is. They cannot get down stairs because they cannot use steps.

November 19, 2019

By James

Parkside of Livonia has a very beautiful layout and it's very appealing. The room that I'm in is nice and has everything that I expected from it. The people are friendly and we have lots of activities. They give you a monthly schedule of what's going on every day. They have a bus to take you to shopping centers like Walmart or Target, they take you to your credit union, they do lunches, and things of that nature on a daily basis. You can pick what you want to do. There's no dining area here, although there are two restaurants that deliver to your room. The staff members are helpful, they're always around, and they're very pleasant. The cost is reasonable.

August 23, 2018

By Delighted Guest

I was very delighted with our tour of the community, I was visiting with a church member who's looking for a new home. She found it! Lovely home, lovely amenities, and lovely staff. She looking forward to moving in soon.

December 05, 2016

By Liz132177

My sister has been very happy at Parkside of Livonia. The rooms are very lovely, and the staff has been very friendly. My sister has her own kitchen in her apartment. The security seems to be very good. The price and location are good. They have different activities scheduled like community events and shopping. They have a very nicely landscaped area next to a park and an exercise room.

August 17, 2016

By Leslie386121

Parkside is upgrading, so everything was brand new. It had a balcony, and the possibility of a carport, which was good. They had small apartments, though, that were too small for me. It was in a community that was not familiar to me, but I liked the idea that it was more like a neighborhood.

Questions about Parkside of Livonia

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Parkside of Livonia. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Parkside of Livonia is a community for independent residents over 55 years of age. We have a wide variety of people here, some who get up and go to work every morning and some who love to enjoy our common areas chatting with their neighbors!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Too many to list! While our property is tucked into a quiet neighborhood, off busy roads, we are close to everything. The nearest main intersection is Middlebelt and Five Mile, so we are close to shopping, restaurants and entertainment.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Parkside of Livonia has organized?

While currently limited due to the Covid pandemic, our off site events have included everything from parties at the Livonia Senior Center, to enjoying the lights at Hines Drive, going to the mall and regular restaurant trips.

What transportation services does Parkside of Livonia offer to independent living residents?

Our bus makes weekly trips to grocery stores, banks, pharmacies and nearby specialty stores.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our community is loaded with common areas including a cushy lobby, reading room/library, a community room used for events and crafts, a fitness center, theatre/worship room and a solarium.

What safety features or security measures does Parkside of Livonia offer to independent living residents?

Our community is secured from the exterior, requiring a key or to be buzzed in by a resident. We also have pull cords in the apartments to notify emergency services of problems.

If Parkside of Livonia accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We love pets! We allow 2 per apartment, with standard breed restrictions and a weight limit for dogs. Several residents visit in our common areas with their pets. We also have plenty of outside space with pet stations.

Does Parkside of Livonia work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have a relationship with a private duty company for basic needs that residents can hire out as needed, but welcome any additional providers that someone may need.

Costs for Parkside of Livonia

Cost of Senior Apartments

Photos of Parkside of Livonia

Services and Amenities of Parkside of Livonia

• Features Extra: Newly Remodeled Common Areas, Elegant Lobby With Baby Grand Piano, Fitness Center, Community Bus, Solarium, Computer Area, Community Craft Room, Movie Theater, And Hair Salon

• Technology Extra: No

• Pets: Yes

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: No

• Senior Apartments Starting At: $1135/month
  • Get Costs

About Parkside of Livonia

meadowsoflivonia.com

Your new home awaits at Parkside of Livonia, an inviting 55+ community that answers your need for a comfortable, charming, and centrally-located home in Livonia, Michigan.

Designed with the resident lifestyle in mind, our community provides spacious one and two-bedroom pet-friendly homes that feature amenities such as patios or balconies, a fitness center, and community events!

Community Amenities
    • Newly remodeled common areas
    • Elegant lobby with baby grand piano
    • Community bus
    • Solarium
    • Computer area
    • Community craft room
    • Fitness center with safety treadmills, recumbent bikes, dumbbell sets, yoga equipment, & stretch bands
    • Movie theater
    • 1 Pet: $100 Pet Deposit and $100 non-refundable fee
    • 2 Pets: $150 Pet Deposit and $150 non-refundable fee
    • $25 Monthly Pet Rent per pet
    • Standard Breed Restrictions - No Weight Limits - Limit of 2 pets per home

Parkside of Livonia offers our residents easy accessibility to the restaurants, shopping, entertainment, and nightlife nearby. With apartments that combine convenience and quality, it's the perfect place for you to call home.

Map of Parkside of Livonia