Westhaven Manor

Reviews of Westhaven Manor

Independent Living Reviews for Westhaven Manor

September 30, 2016

By Lily5

Westhaven Manor is very nice, and the people are very nice. The place itself meets my needs.

November 27, 2014

By Kathy102261550

Location, cost, and being able to add on services made us decide to choose the Westhaven Manor. He gets his place cleaned, and he gets his laundry done. The food is good, and it is near to where his house was so he has the same grocery store and same doctor. The grounds are better than adequate. The dining area is setup like a restaurant; there are tables and they’re not assigned so you can sit where you want. There is a calendar of events; the ones he likes is singing on Wednesdays like a church service. They have crafts, go to movies, they’ve got a room that’s specifically setup nicely if you will watch a movie, and they’ve got a pool table. I have met actually the staff in the office, and they were great. I would recommend this facility.

September 08, 2014

I now live in Westhaven Manor. So far, everybody is wonderful. I don't have any problems here. Everything is fine. We usually have bingo and birthday parties. We also have a bus driver who takes us on trips. I have my own bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room and a small balcony. All in all, I feel comfortable living here.

December 20, 2013

By Nonee1

Our dear mother is a resident. We found facility to be beautifully decorated with large fireplace in front sitting room. Meals are tasty,friendly staff,grounds landscaped nicely & facility always neat/clean. Numerous outings/activities.Highly recommended.

May 12, 2013

By George24

I saw Westhaven Manor in the phonebook and I visited the place. I was extremely pleased with everything. They had the nicest building in the area, the interior was very appealing, nice accommodations and it was just beautiful. The staff were competent and knowledgeable. The apartments were very spacious. And the price was also very good.

Questions about Westhaven Manor

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Westhaven Manor. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Westhaven Manor Retirement Community is a vibrant community of seniors 62 or better, who are looking to live enthusiastically! Many participate in our exercise classes, bingo and initiate their own walking groups since were close to a park and have a trail of our own!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Westland Mall, Canton shopping, senior centers, restaurants, Hines Park, banks, grocery stores, movie theaters are all conveniently located.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Westhaven Manor has organized?

Westhaven’s full time Activities Coordinator keeps your social calendar filled with opportunities. From regularly scheduled grocery store visits in the complimentary Westhaven Bus, to happy hours and art classes, there are tons of ways to meet your neighbors, make new friends, explore new talents, stay healthy and enjoy life to the fullest!

What transportation services does Westhaven Manor offer to independent living residents?

Our community bus will take residents on shopping trips, to senior activities, farmers market trips in the spring, summer & fall, and many other scheduled events! Our home health care company also offers rides to personal appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Westhaven Manor exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

A variety of meals are on the menu each month, plus alternative options each day for the residents to take advantage of. Food is prepared fresh daily by our Amazing Chef Ann! Meals are delivered by Chef Ann and staff daily.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Social Lounge, Game Room, Library, Billiards, Movie Theater, TV Lounge, Arts & Crafts Studio. Westhaven also offers a Guest Suite for visiting families to take advantage of if they are visiting from out of town.

What safety features or security measures does Westhaven Manor offer to independent living residents?

Our building is always locked and secure. We have emergency pull cords in every bedroom and bathroom in the building that will alert staff of an emergency during office hours, and dispatch EMS when the office is closed. We also offer emergency maintenance services after-hours for any urgent need.

If Westhaven Manor accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Westhaven Manor is "PET FRIENDLY". We welcome pets for no additional deposit or fees, and have a beautiful outside walking area for our residents to take advantage of.

Does Westhaven Manor work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes -- Right at Home is our home heath care provider. A la cart or packages are available!

Costs for Westhaven Manor

Photos of Westhaven Manor

Services and Amenities of Westhaven Manor

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Westhaven Manor

This elegant retirement community is designed exclusively for those of you 62 and older. As a resident of Westhaven Manor you will live in grand style in a lovely one or two bedroom apartment. We know that you will love the many advantages that Westhaven Manor has to offer as well our many features and amenities. Secret Word: Carefree!

AMENITIES:

• Beauty/Barber Salon
  • Deluxe Housekeeping
  • Laundry
  • Grand Style Package

The Activities Coordinator arranges fun and exciting outings and events. These may include bingo, exercise classes, dance groups, lectures, trips, hobby clubs, musical entertainment and health demonstrations to name just a few.

Map of Westhaven Manor