Westhaven Manor

Reviews of Westhaven Manor

Independent Living Reviews for Westhaven Manor

January 26, 2021

By Jamoga

My dad is staying at Westhaven Manor now. I go there all the time. Basically what it is is that they offer so many services. Where he was staying before, it was like an apartment, so it's kinda outside. This one is enclosed. You have to come out of his apartment, it's still inside of a building, versus coming outside and you're outside. For him, it's perfect. Matter of fact, he loves it. Basically, they still socialize downstairs. You gotta have your masks and stuff on. They really mentor so many activities but you can still socialize. When I go in there they sit down the lounge and everything. They got a store that comes, they have a cart that comes around, they got an indoor store, they offer me any and every service for the elderly that you can think of. They offer one-bedrooms, they have their own lift that can take the person, and they do door checks. The doors checks are done by one of them, which means that every morning they come, knock on your door, and you have to put your sign out saying you're OK. They did research for real. When they moved in they waived his two months' fee. It was so close to the next month, they just waived and canceled that month or whatever, so they really took care of him seriously.

October 28, 2020

By Denise

We chose Westhaven Manor because the staff was professional. The area is close to her doctor and other family members. And it’s a good location, but I was very impressed with the staff. I like the option of preparing your own food or having your meals prepared for you. I like that option, and I like the layout of the units. It appears that they have ongoing activity of what can be done due to Covid. When I paid a visit, there was a senior exercise class going on. And as I mentioned earlier, I like the meal plans where you can select meals, or you have the option of preparing your own. They also provide transportation to local grocery stores or retail outlets and I thought that was very good.

October 03, 2020

By Angela

I went to Westhaven Manor yesterday. The place was nice and clean, the people seemed very nice, they were pleasant, walking through the hallway, and I didn't get a negative vibe at all. The dining area looked nice, closed down with covid, but they brought the meal to you, she discussed all the meal plans, and all the different things that were extra. I liked it and the pricing was very good, the staff was very, very pleasant, and then she called me back and told me they would give me a discount on the room if I decide to take it for my mother-in-law. It could work for her, it's a little closer to where I live, and a little bit cheaper.

October 01, 2020

By Sharon

I really like Westhaven Manor. So far, everybody is real friendly here, and they have lots of activities and stuff. They take you to the store and to the bank. The staff is real nice, I love my room, it's an apartment, I have a beautiful view, and it's just really nice. The structure is nice, it's nice and clean here, and I like the design and the layout.

December 13, 2019

By Maggie

I had a pleasant tour of Westhaven Manor. The one thing that I did not like was that it's 3-story and they only had one apartment available on the lower floor. I got this little dog, so I'm not running up and down the elevator when he needs to go potty. There wasn't any adequate area outside for private sitting. The rooms were smaller but they were clean and nice. They had all kinds of amenities. They had a weight room, a card room, and a craft room, which was nice; however, the place was spread out. It was too big. I can't walk very far even with my walker; it was just spread out. Also what I didn't care for was the price. The 1-bedroom apartment was small and there was not even a place in the kitchen where you could set a little table. It was really tight. Everything there is ala carte. You have to pay for gas, you have to pay your electric, the food is not included, and everything costs something. It was a nice tour but it didn't impress me very much.

July 09, 2019

By Elena

My in-laws are staying at Westhaven Manor. They staff is active in dispensing medication to the people as well as on some of the meal plans. My parents-in-law's apartment is nice and they have a full kitchen. My interaction with the staff has been fine.

May 22, 2019

By Yvonne

My mother is now at Westhaven Manor. So far, everything is fine. We have no complaints. The room is independent living so she is able to clean and manage her own room. They do serve meals, but we have not been participating in that at this time. The staff members are absolutely phenomenal; they're wonderful people. They have activities everyday. For example, they had an opening day baseball party; every Thursday they have bagels, donuts, and coffee; they have birthday parties for all the people who have a birthday for the month; they have outings to a restaurant every week; they have outings to the bank or to the stores every week; and they have outings to the movies. They have a store inside the building, they have a laundry facility, and they have a hairdresser and a hairshop. It is a nice set-up. The place is well kept, and they're doing some renovations in the front to make it nicer and more modern. It is also right on the money. The value is equitable.

March 27, 2018

By K.W.

Westhaven Manor was very nice, and the staff was very good and very helpful. We saw a one-bedroom unit. They served dinner in a very nice dining area and had transportation, movies, games, crafts, and outings to banks, shopping malls, grocery stores and restaurants.

August 21, 2017

By Mark F.

My wife has been at Westhaven Manor for three months now. The apartments are nice and the staff is really great and very helpful. They provide a lot of different services, but they only offer dinner and they don't have much variety. Everything else is great. All the services are a la carte and there are multiple different services you can get, so it's helpful for people on a budget.

September 30, 2016

By Lily5

Westhaven Manor is very nice, and the people are very nice. The place itself meets my needs.

November 27, 2014

By Kathy102261550

Location, cost, and being able to add on services made us decide to choose the Westhaven Manor. He gets his place cleaned, and he gets his laundry done. The food is good, and it is near to where his house was so he has the same grocery store and same doctor. The grounds are better than adequate. The dining area is setup like a restaurant; there are tables and they’re not assigned so you can sit where you want. There is a calendar of events; the ones he likes is singing on Wednesdays like a church service. They have crafts, go to movies, they’ve got a room that’s specifically setup nicely if you will watch a movie, and they’ve got a pool table. I have met actually the staff in the office, and they were great. I would recommend this facility.

September 08, 2014

I now live in Westhaven Manor. So far, everybody is wonderful. I don't have any problems here. Everything is fine. We usually have bingo and birthday parties. We also have a bus driver who takes us on trips. I have my own bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room and a small balcony. All in all, I feel comfortable living here.

December 20, 2013

By Nonee1

Our dear mother is a resident. We found facility to be beautifully decorated with large fireplace in front sitting room. Meals are tasty,friendly staff,grounds landscaped nicely & facility always neat/clean. Numerous outings/activities.Highly recommended.

May 12, 2013

By George24

I saw Westhaven Manor in the phonebook and I visited the place. I was extremely pleased with everything. They had the nicest building in the area, the interior was very appealing, nice accommodations and it was just beautiful. The staff were competent and knowledgeable. The apartments were very spacious. And the price was also very good.

Questions about Westhaven Manor

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Westhaven Manor. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Westhaven Manor Retirement Community is a vibrant community of seniors 62 or better, who are looking to live enthusiastically! Many participate in our exercise classes, bingo and initiate their own walking groups since were close to a park and have a trail of our own!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Westland Mall, Canton shopping, senior centers, restaurants, Hines Park, banks, grocery stores, movie theaters are all conveniently located.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Westhaven Manor has organized?

Westhaven’s full time Activities Coordinator keeps your social calendar filled with opportunities. From regularly scheduled grocery store visits in the complimentary Westhaven Bus, to happy hours and art classes, there are tons of ways to meet your neighbors, make new friends, explore new talents, stay healthy and enjoy life to the fullest!

What transportation services does Westhaven Manor offer to independent living residents?

Our community bus will take residents on shopping trips, to senior activities, farmers market trips in the spring, summer & fall, and many other scheduled events! Our home health care company also offers rides to personal appointments.

What makes the chef or dining program at Westhaven Manor exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

A variety of meals are on the menu each month, plus alternative options each day for the residents to take advantage of. Food is prepared fresh daily by our Amazing Chef Ann! Meals are delivered by Chef Ann and staff daily.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Social Lounge, Game Room, Library, Billiards, Movie Theater, TV Lounge, Arts & Crafts Studio. Westhaven also offers a Guest Suite for visiting families to take advantage of if they are visiting from out of town.

What safety features or security measures does Westhaven Manor offer to independent living residents?

Our building is always locked and secure. We have emergency pull cords in every bedroom and bathroom in the building that will alert staff of an emergency during office hours, and dispatch EMS when the office is closed. We also offer emergency maintenance services after-hours for any urgent need.

If Westhaven Manor accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Westhaven Manor is "PET FRIENDLY". We welcome pets with applicable restrictions and fees. Please reach out to our team for more details. We have a beautiful outside walking area for our residents to take advantage of.

Does Westhaven Manor work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes -- Right at Home is our home heath care provider. A la cart or packages are available!

Costs for Westhaven Manor

Photos of Westhaven Manor

Services and Amenities of Westhaven Manor

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Westhaven Manor

Westhaven Manor is a retirement community designed exclusively for those 62 and over. As residents of Westhaven Manor, seniors will live in grand style in lovely one or two bedroom apartments. They will enjoy the many advantages that Westhaven Manor has to offer, as well as many features and amenities. The library with billiards, convenience store, mini-clinic, little theater, cards and games gallery, arts and crafts studio, and main lounge with fireplace are just some of the amenities that Westhaven offers its residents. Services such as transportation to medical appointments or shopping trips are available at no additional charge. Westhaven also offers a variety of services including its meals program, housekeeping service (deluxe housekeeping optional), beauty/barber salon and laundry service.

The Activities Coordinator arranges fun and exciting outings and events. These may include bingo, exercise classes, dance groups, lectures, trips, hobby clubs, musical entertainment and health demonstrations to name just a few.

Map of Westhaven Manor