Westhaven Manor

Reviews of Westhaven Manor

Independent Living Reviews for Westhaven Manor

November 27, 2014

By Kathy102261550

Location, cost, and being able to add on services made us decide to choose the Westhaven Manor. He gets his place cleaned, and he gets his laundry done. The food is good, and it is near to where his house was so he has the same grocery store and same doctor. The grounds are better than adequate. The dining area is setup like a restaurant; there are tables and they’re not assigned so you can sit where you want. There is a calendar of events; the ones he likes is singing on Wednesdays like a church service. They have crafts, go to movies, they’ve got a room that’s specifically setup nicely if you will watch a movie, and they’ve got a pool table. I have met actually the staff in the office, and they were great. I would recommend this facility.

September 08, 2014

I now live in Westhaven Manor. So far, everybody is wonderful. I don't have any problems here. Everything is fine. We usually have bingo and birthday parties. We also have a bus driver who takes us on trips. I have my own bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room and a small balcony. All in all, I feel comfortable living here.

December 20, 2013

By Nonee1

Our dear mother is a resident. We found facility to be beautifully decorated with large fireplace in front sitting room. Meals are tasty,friendly staff,grounds landscaped nicely & facility always neat/clean. Numerous outings/activities.Highly recommended.

May 12, 2013

By George24

I saw Westhaven Manor in the phonebook and I visited the place. I was extremely pleased with everything. They had the nicest building in the area, the interior was very appealing, nice accommodations and it was just beautiful. The staff were competent and knowledgeable. The apartments were very spacious. And the price was also very good.

Questions about Westhaven Manor

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Westhaven Manor. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Things to do. Resident social events, Parties, Bingo, Bus Trips.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Westland Mall, Restaurants, Banking Needs, Senior Centers.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Westhaven Manor has organized?

Library Trips, Senior Center Trips, Westland Mall, Grocerie Shopping.

What transportation services does Westhaven Manor offer to independent living residents?

Community Bus that will take the residents to shopping trips, senior activities, Mall shopping, farmers market trips in the spring, summer & fall, and many other scheduled events.

What makes the chef or dining program at Westhaven Manor exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

A variety of meals are on the menu each month, plus alternative options each day for the residents to take advantage of. Food is prepared in the kitchen the day of each meal.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Social Lounge, Game Room, Library, Billiards, Movie Theater, TV Lounge, Arts & Crafts Studio. Westhaven also offers a Guest Suite for visiting families to take advantage of if they are visiting from out of town.

What safety features or security measures does Westhaven Manor offer to independent living residents?

Emergency Pull Cords located in each bedroom and bathroom of the apartments. On Call emergency services, plus a resident on call person for over night assistance.

If Westhaven Manor accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Westhaven Manor is "PET FRIENDLY". We have an outside walking area for our residents to take advantage of.

Does Westhaven Manor work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Homestead is our in house care provider. They are here daily 7, days a week from 8am - 9pm.

Costs for Westhaven Manor

Photos of Westhaven Manor

Services and Amenities of Westhaven Manor

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Minimum Age: 55+
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Westhaven Manor

This elegant retirement community is designed exclusively for those of you 62 and older. As a resident of Westhaven Manor you will live in grand style in a lovely one or two bedroom apartment. We know that you will love the many advantages that Westhaven Manor has to offer as well our many features and amenities. Secret Word: Carefree!

AMENITIES:

• Beauty/Barber Salon
  • Deluxe Housekeeping
  • Laundry
  • Grand Style Package

The Activities Coordinator arranges fun and exciting outings and events. These may include bingo, exercise classes, dance groups, lectures, trips, hobby clubs, musical entertainment and health demonstrations to name just a few.

Map of Westhaven Manor