Park House Southfield

Reviews of Park House Southfield

Independent Living Reviews for Park House Southfield

May 10, 2016

By HarveyYYJTS

My tour at American House Southfield Senior Living was not well organized; it seemed like they pulled it off last minute. The rooms were nice but a little small.

October 28, 2015

By Karen113986050

American House Southfield was a little nicer for me than other places. The apartments were very large, nice and had a lot of nice space. It was more cheerful because there was a lot more activity; people were walking and talking, laughing and all that. Even the staff -- you can hear them chatting; it was just a happier environment. The thing that was kind of a downside for me was it was totally private pay. You have to include the continental breakfast and the lunch. You don't have to eat it, but you are paying for it, and dinner was not included; that would be an extra cost. They also allow you to get your meals and take them out. The director ended up showing me around because they were understaffed that day, and she allowed me to come the very same day that I called, so it wasn't like they were trying to cover up anything or have time to try. She was very happy and cheerful, and we hit it off. She sent me a "Thank You" card for visiting and gave me the name of the person that they work with through the Area of Aging. I really liked it there, but you have to get your own washer and dryer. This place is a little more expensive, but it is closer to transportation in case I need it.

September 20, 2015

By Caring113195550

They had washer and dryer in their units. They were a little bigger, and the rooms seemed to be a little more open than the other place we visited. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The dining area seemed to be clean and nice. One of the things that I look for in a dining area is what type of furniture they have because some places don't have chairs with arms on them. There wasn't too much going on when I visited American House Southfield. They're either in their rooms or field trips. I was there around 2:00 in the afternoon.

Thank you for your review. Our community takes great pride in making sure residents are comfortable and appreciate all your positive comments. If you have questions or need additional information, call me or stop by anytime. Thanks and warm regards! Belinda Smith, Executive Director (248) 397-0187

September 30, 2014

Mom is at American House – Southfield. We chose it because of the location, the price, and the facility itself. She has been in this facility for two years. At first we thought it was more of an independent living, but most of the folks there need assistance of some kind. So I think it would be good for them to advertise the facility as an assisted living versus independent living. They do have activities, but most of the folks that participate are not really physically able to fully participate, so that has been a disappointment. Mom plays bingo, Wii bowling, and chair exercises. Their rooms are great. She has a huge apartment that is newly painted and with new carpets. We are pleased with the facility. The food is certainly abundant, and initially she complained something, but they were able to rectify that. The staff, the housekeeping, and the aides are just fantastic. They are very personable. They allowed her to engage in assisting in some of the activities. They are very warm and very loving. They make the seniors feel very comfortable and they provide a very friendly atmosphere.

Thank you for your kind words! Our staff is definitely top notch, and I'm very proud of them. And you're right - we are an assisted and independent living community, which is why our personal care services are offered on an a la carte basis (so residents only pay for what they need). If you have any suggestions for activities, I'd love to pass them on to our Life Enrichment Director! Call me or stop by anytime.

Sincerely, Belinda Smith, Executive Director 248-353-5835

July 23, 2013

By John65736950

American House is nice, clean with big living rooms. It has two-bedroom apartments with two bathrooms and a built in washer and dryer and that was pretty nice. They were very helpful and they took the time and showed me around. They showed me the apartment of course then they gave me a tour of the facility and the dining area and I think it could be a little bigger.

Thank you for leaving this review. We’re glad you found our staff helpful!

Costs for Park House Southfield

Photos of Park House Southfield

Services and Amenities of Park House Southfield

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1500; Pet Fee Cost $250 One Time Fee

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Park House Southfield

At Park House Southfield, we provide residents and their family members peace of mind by offering maintenance-free living that is supported by a devoted, caring team of professionals. Our community provides a host of amenities along with services that will enhance residents’ lives. By offering the very best care, people, and programs, we make certain that every resident enjoys each day to the best of their ability.

Map of Park House Southfield