Baldwin House Hazel Park

Reviews of Baldwin House Hazel Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Baldwin House Hazel Park

May 26, 2015

By Bonnie106586950

It was in my neighborhood. I liked that I wouldn't have to cook because I was a lousy cook. They had theme parties -- you know, get togethers for Valentine's Day and Saint Patrick's Day type of thing. When I was there, it was just basically a sit down, looking at a bedroom apartment plan, and then checking out the prices. Since, I saw the prices, it was way out of my budget. I loved their entrance. I thought it was very homey. It was like you were walking in someone's living room but with a lot more couches and chairs. It was very nice. I would love to see it when they decorated it for Christmas. They didn't invite me to have a meal there, but they gave me a whole apple pie from their kitchen. It was a homemade apple pie, and boy was that good. The person in charge was very knowledgeable. She was easy to talk to, and I liked her a lot. She was very nice, and she explained certain things to me. Sadly, I just couldn't afford it, but I would love to live there. They had cottages too, but that's way out of my price point.

April 18, 2015

It just so happens it is the one that I pass by quite frequently, and I always kind of liked it. I called them up, they arranged for me to visit, and it was nice. I really liked it, and I think my mom will like it too, but she is in a stage where she doesn't really want to make any changes. The staff was wonderful. They were really nice, well-informed, and they were willing to work with us financially. I found this facility to be the cleanest. The residents seemed to be well-cared for and happy. I am really sorry that we waited long to get here because five years ago, I think my mother probably would have loved to be here. I liked the way it was laid out, and she could have kept a lot of her stuff. The dining room was clean, it was well-appointed, the staff was courteous, and the food was good. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was good plain food, and it was tasty. They had movies, and they had a library, a game room, and a crafts room that I saw. They had a common area where they can watch TV. I saw people just sitting outside, reading, doing puzzles, all the different stuff that you like to do. And, they had good grounds to walk on to. I was really impressed by the fact that it was clean because they even took us to the kitchen, and it was just very clean. You could tell that they took care of it, and they took care of the people. And I liked the way that they were kind of intrusive like when I told them that my mother is funny about strangers, and they said, "Well, we just have a system where we check on everybody twice a day." I loved that too. They go in to see if they needed their bed made up or they come in to make sure they take their medication -- and this might be extra as far as giving them their medication and all that, but it was good to know that it was available.

February 10, 2015

By Alice36

It is good, and I have a friend that lives there. The staff is good, but it was way overpriced. It was clean, and the grounds are nice. Her room is nice. The food is not of good variety.

March 18, 2014

By Mary10129250

We toured for my Mom. She actually liked the placed but decided to just stay at her house than pay rent. I like the place very much. The staff was very nice and approachable. They were very accommodating. We got a chance to see one apartment. It looks very nice and clean. It was a bit small but it's already good for one person or maybe two. We toured their dining room during lunch time. We didn't get the chance to eat there but the residents looked like they were enjoying their meal.

April 24, 2013

By cyndicj

My mother was a resident there at one time. She was transferred from a rehabilitation center. It was very close to our home. My brothers and I liked the facility and mom did also, however she wanted to be home. The staff there were very caring, supportive and considerate. They have lots of activities and things to do. The facilities were very clean. I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a community.

Independent Living Reviews for Baldwin House Hazel Park

Questions about Baldwin House Hazel Park

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Baldwin House Hazel Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have a wide variety of activities. Wii bowling is one of the favorites of course with Bingo, Keno, shopping and the casino to name a few.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

There are stores, restaurants and parks within walking distance.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Baldwin House Hazel Park has organized?

Eating at Big Boy, shopping and a picnic.

What transportation services does Baldwin House Hazel Park offer to independent living residents?

We have transportation on Monday and Wednesday for trips within a 10 mile radius.

What makes the chef or dining program at Baldwin House Hazel Park exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our chef goes out of her way to make sure the dining experience is awesome. She goes out and talks to the resident to make sure everything is good. We have a food committee, of residents that help plan the menu.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Fitness room with 2 bikes and a treadmill, puzzle room, game room, theater and a craft room. We also have a general store and a beauty shop available.

What safety features or security measures does Baldwin House Hazel Park offer to independent living residents?

We are locked at all times.

If Baldwin House Hazel Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

If the pet is on a leash it can walk in the common areas except the diningroom. There is a large outside are for them to walk on their leash.

Does Baldwin House Hazel Park work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have a third party that does medical care and/or assistance if needed.

Costs for Baldwin House Hazel Park

Payment options

• Check

• State Licenses: Michigan

About Baldwin House Hazel Park

Baldwin House Hazel Park is conveniently located on the southeast corner of I-75 and I-696, with access to many stores and restaurants, yet is situated far off the main road in a quiet neighborhood that watches out for seniors.

Our community is ideally situated near shopping, dining and health care facilities. We offer the independence you want, with the services you need to transition into the next phase of your life.

Baldwin House Hazel Park residents enjoy unique independent cottages that include two bedrooms and two bathrooms with a garage, plus studio and one-bedroom apartments, all surrounded by thriving common areas like the theater room and activity room, where there’s always something going on.

Our unique qualities:

• The entire community, including residents and staff, feels like family.
  • Our location is set back off the main road, in a quiet environment surrounded by homes. Our surrounding community watches out for our residents.
  • Our staff has over 130 years of combined experience.
  • Our location is close to I-75 and I-696. Kroger, Dollar Store and CVS are all within a mile away.
  • We offer six independent cottages with two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a garage.

Map of Baldwin House Hazel Park