Wesley Manor

Reviews of Wesley Manor

Assisted Living Reviews for Wesley Manor

April 18, 2017

By J. Miller

I am a new member of the Westley Manor family. The staff and other members made me feel comfortable. I have received extra special treatment and feels like this is home.

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. We love having you here in our family!

March 06, 2017

By Lisa005063

We really like Wesley Manor, and my mother loves it there. They’ve got lots of programs, activities, and things, and she is very happy there. The rooms are a good size. My mom is in just a regular room -- it is not deluxe or anything -- but it is a very decent size and very clean. They just have a lot going on for the seniors. They’ve got crafts, they do Bingo and trail walking, and they just have them busy all the time. One thing that we really like about Wesley Manor is they have a chapel, and they have a Catholic mass every Sunday. My mom is Catholic, and that is one thing that she really likes. When we took the tour, the director of marketing was very down-to-earth, and he answered all the questions we had; we just had a wonderful time, and we felt comfortable there. We did visit two others, and we liked them, but there was something about Wesley Manor that just really clicked with us, and my mom was very comfortable there too; that is why we chose it.

September 02, 2016

By Virginia640468

I didn't like Wesley Manor. The apartments were too small. It looked and smelled like a nursing home. They had a kitchen, card games, and a TV in a big room. I was told that they had activities. The staff was very nice. There could be bigger and nicer apartments. They didn't even have refrigerators in them. The residents share refrigerators out in the hallway.

June 30, 2016

By Melinda828528

My mother-in-law has been in Wesley Manor for two months now. It is close to our home and easily accessable for the family to get to whenever my mother-in-law needs us. Everything is good. She likes it. Everybody likes it. The people are nice. They have all kinds of activities going on over there. I know they keep them fairly busy. They have a chapel, a lawn, and an atrium. They have everything out there.

June 28, 2016

By Martha858655

We found a place, and we’re all ready to go. We were there during lunch and it smelled really good. The rooms were very nice, clean, and roomy. The facility was good and had a very nice family room type area for visitors and a very nice non-denominational chapel with services every Sunday, which was really a selling point for my mom. The people that showed us around were very helpful and gave us a very nice tour. The grounds were a little messy, but other than that it was beautiful.

May 10, 2016

By Eileen16

Westley Manor was very nice and offered many amenities. They had visiting artists and shopping trips. I saw some of the rooms, and they were nice.

February 29, 2016

By Reese3

I made an appointment with Wesley manor, but when I got there nobody was available. It’s very secure. When we got in, it looked like all the residents were in one room, lined up, and I didn’t get to see anything. I liked the price, they offered extensive care for a reasonable price.

Don't know what happened with this tour, but sounds like there may have been a mix up. We strive to coordinate all tours with our staff in advance. The residents may have been doing a group activity or getting ready for a meal when you were here. Glad to reschedule your tour, if you wish. You can reach Cliff Whalin directly at 502-400-3228.

February 22, 2016

By Loving sister3

Wesley Manor seem like a very pleasant place, the facility itself is beautiful, nicely laid out, and they have a very pleasant courtyard. It’s a small facility, they have 40 people or so. You can go from assisted-living, to rehab, and memory care without leaving home. The people who lived there has first-priority when there’s an opening.

Thanks so much for your kind remarks. Always appreciate the feedback!

January 14, 2016

By Caring Daughter110572550

I put my mom into Wesley Manor. The food is wonderful. It is one of the first place that I have seen where they make sure that the food is hot for their patients. Another thing that I’ve noticed about them that I like is that they don’t let their patients lay in their beds. They want them up and moving to prevent bedsores, so they have many activities. The rooms are of a nice size, especially on the side where my mother is living. You have to pay for the TV services yourself, which I don’t like, but my mother is at the point where she doesn’t watch TV in the room anyway. They do have a TV outside that everyone can watch. They do get short-staffed sometimes, but I think it is one of the best, as far as dementia care goes.

Thanks so much for your kind remarks! Alzheimer's/dementia care is what we do best and we're always striving to improve. It is an honor to care for your mom and so many others. We're actually in process of upgrading out TV system, so that will be a nice amenity for residents as well.

March 27, 2015

I visited Westley Manor. It was very nice. The apartments were fine. You could furnish them yourself. They had a number of activities.

November 19, 2012

By jkr

The staff at Wesley Manor was wonderful and very nice. They will accommodate anything.

Memory Care Reviews for Wesley Manor

Questions about Wesley Manor

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Annual in-service training and dementia certification.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Wesley Manor. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are age 60 and up. We enjoy lots of fun activities and a good old fashioned ice cream parlor.

What programs or activities does Wesley Manor offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We enjoy exercise classes, card and board games, Wii bowling, going out to eat, music concerts, art shows, motorcycle rides and more!

What places are near Wesley Manor or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Malls, groceries and plenty of restaurants are within a 5-minute drive. We provide free transportation for shopping every week.

What transportation services does Wesley Manor offer to assisted living residents?

Free transportation for doctor visits, shopping and special outings

What makes the chef or dining program at Wesley Manor exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer a variety of menu items. There's always alternate entrees and side dishes available. We can accommodate special dietary needs such as low sugar or low sodium restrictions.

What safety features or security measures does Wesley Manor offer to assisted living residents?

All exterior doors stay locked after 8 p.m. daily. Residents can also lock their apartments, as well as personal valuables in lockable drawers.

How does Wesley Manor keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Staff communicate regularly with family members who are designated to receive information such as a Power of Attorney. Families receive our quarterly print newsletter, The Beacon of Hope, as well as optional monthly email newsletters. Many also follow us on our Face Book page.

If Wesley Manor accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Dogs have access to all interior/exterior areas while on a leash. They must be 25 lbs. or less. Cats are welcome in residents' apartments.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Annual CE training on all topics related to senior care, including dementia care, activities, infection control, dietary, etc.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Wesley Manor. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Age 60's-90's. They enjoy cookouts, games, music, outings, etc.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Shopping, restaurants, parks

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Wesley Manor has organized?

Lunch out to restaurants, outing to casino, etc.

What transportation services does Wesley Manor offer to independent living residents?

Handicapped accessible bus

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Community center with living room, game room, kitchen and library

If Wesley Manor accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

35 acres for walking

Does Wesley Manor work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

No, we staff our own nurses 24/7 plus daily visits by nurse practioners

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

4 at daytime, and 2 at night.

What safety features or security measures does Wesley Manor provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Personal Care/Memory Support is a locked/secure area. Residents are escorted by staff to/from all activities outside this area.

What programs or activities does Wesley Manor offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Virtual reality gaming called It's Never Too Late, crafts, games, music, art, outings, worship services.

Licensed nurse assessed monthly,

What techniques does Wesley Manor use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Meal reminders, serve plates to table.

How does Wesley Manor keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Quarterly Care Plan meetings and ongoing contact as needed.

Describe the neighborhood around Wesley Manor. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential neighborhood, close to city conveniences and major interstates.

Is Wesley Manor affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We work with all local hospitals.

Costs for Wesley Manor

• Date Certified: 10/01/2019

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: 20010605603

About Wesley Manor

Wesley Manor was among the first retirement communities in our area to offer a licensed residential model for early-stage Alzheimer’s and dementia care. Because we know people who suffer memory loss require the most specialized attention, our Memory Care Center is a licensed “Personal Care” facility. This means a nurse is on site 24/7, who can administer medications when needed most—all in a secure community. Friends and family can visit anytime.

Our staff is personally involved in the day-to-day activities of each Memory Care Center resident. We offer comfort and peace of mind to residents and their families that few other Alzheimer’s/dementia facilities can give.

Key services include:
  • Medication management and administration
  • Reminders and assistance with dressing, bathing, personal hygiene, bathroom and bedtime routines.
  • Assistance with hearing aids, eyeglasses, dentures, ostomies and prosthetic limbs
  • Reminders and escorts to dining area
  • Daily housekeeping and personal laundry
  • Enclosed patio and garden area
  • Special activities and outings
  • Private and semi-private rooms available

The Hoskinson House Assisted Living Center at Wesley Manor offers personal comforts and independence of home, in a safe and secure community. This includes

• A full service dining room serving three meals daily
  • 24-hour emergency response system, plus…
  • Beauty salon
  • Free transportation
  • Woodworking shop
  • Sewing room
  • Extra personal storage

Nestled on 35 acres in southern Jefferson County, the Assisted Living Center has a country feel with walking paths and gardens—yet city convenience with a variety of shopping only a few minutes nearby. Assistance is available for bathing, dressing, medication reminders, personal hygiene, bedtime routines, whirlpool baths and personal laundry service.

A physician, psychiatrist and podiatrist are available. Regularly scheduled social and recreational activities are offered. We provide weekly housekeeping services and launder bed and bath linens. Nicely appointed common areas may be reserved for special family gatherings and celebrations.

When you compare the services at Wesley Manor to those of other retirement communities, we know you will see the difference – and the difference is personalized care.

Map of Wesley Manor