22 Assisted Living Facilities near Pittsford, NY
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pittsford area, with 3 in Pittsford and 19 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 153 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pittsford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pittsford 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Canandaigua with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pittsford, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Pittsford, NY
19 Assisted Living Facilities near Pittsford, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pittsford
Located just south of Rochester, New York, Pittsford is an unofficial suburb of the large upstate city. The town is known for its Greenprint plan, which preserves open spaces for residents. Over 19 percent of the population of the Pittsford are 60 years or older, and there are 23 assisted living facilities in the Pittsford area. The New York Department of Health has registered and licensed all of these facilities and regulates them under strict laws and guidelines.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pittsford
- Pittsford’s weather is known for having a lot of snow, much like the rest of Upstate New York. It averages 78 inches of snow per year with a January low of 18 degrees. The other seasons are much milder, with summer highs topping off at 81 degrees.
- The air quality in the Pittsford area is pretty good year-round, though some pollution from Rochester can downgrade it, depending on which way the wind is blowing off nearby Lake Ontario. However, an American Lung Association’s recent report shows the overall air quality in the area has been getting progressively better over the past few years.
- The cost of living in Pittsford, 114.9, is higher than the national average of 100 but lower than the New York state average of 122. Housing has the highest average cost at $273,100, but other regular necessities like health care, utilities, and transportation are also higher than the national mean of 100.
- Pittsford has very little crime to speak of, due to the fact that it’s a suburb in a safer area of Rochester. Its crime rate doesn’t even register in violent crime comparison charts, making it one of the safest places to live in America.
- Private services like Home Instead Senior Care can transport seniors around the Pittsford and Rochester area for a relatively low cost. However, there are also a number of independent drivers in the area who will help drive seniors from place to place.
- The Pittsford area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in the nearby city of Rochester.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pittsford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Pittsford start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pittsford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pittsford
For seniors who need financial assistance with assisted living the state of New York offers an Assisted Living Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pittsford
Pittsford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pittsford, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pittsford
Pittsford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pittsford
Review of Heather Heights
I'm very impressed with Heather Heights. The staff is very friendly and efficient. They have Bingo, a lot of musicians coming in, movies several times a week, so they keep them busy all the time. T... Read more
Review of Highlands at Pittsford
I visited Heathwood in Penfield. They have a home theater, they take the residents out on field trips, and they also have a game room and dining facilities. They have a van that takes you wherever ... Read more
Review of Heather Heights
Heather Heights is a very nice place, clean, well taken care of, and they seem to do a good job with the people who are in there. Mom's private deluxe suite was completely remodeled, has an all new... Read more