10 Assisted Living Facilities near Webster, NY
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Webster area, with 3 in Webster and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Webster is $3,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Penfield with an average starting cost of $2,815.
To help you with your search, browse the 103 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Webster. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Webster 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fairport with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Webster find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Webster, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Webster, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Webster
Webster is a large city of about 44,200 people on Lake Ontario. It's currently enjoying rapid growth and hosts a total of 15 assisted living facilities (ALFs). Thirteen of those are in the surrounding regions, such as Penfield, Rochester, Fairport and Pittsford. All of the ALFs in Webster are overseen by the New York Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Webster
- Webster has harsh winters that bring an average of 81 inches of snow, a rate impressive even for a state known for lots of winter precipitation. Comparatively, the national average is 26 inches. Winter temperatures dip to 18 degrees, not quite as low as in other areas of the state, and reach 81 in the summer. Overall, the Sperling Comfort Index for Webster’s climate is 44 out of 100, lower than the national average of 54.
- Based on the National Air Toxics Assessment from the EPA, Webster’s air quality is much better than average. The national rank is 58 out of 100, but Webster enjoys a rank of 80. This is good news for seniors with respiratory issues.
- Seniors can expect to shell out almost exactly as much in Webster as they do in other areas of the country. Compared to the national average of 100, the city’s cost of living is 100.7. Lower housing and grocery costs help a bit, but transportation, health, utilities and miscellaneous expenses such as entertainment are higher than average, evening out the overall rank.
Crime rates in Webster sit at 35.8 for violent crime and 33.2 for property crime. This is roughly comparable to the national averages of 31.1 and 38.1.
- Webster offers entertainment in the form of multiple parks, a movie theater, Schutt’s Apple Mill and the Webster Museum. Seniors who like to laugh can try out the Comedy Club. The city is also home to Webster Golf Club as well as a library, arboretum, aquatic center, ice arena, fishing charters and plenty of shops in Bay Towne Plaza.
- Webster is home to world-class medical facilities, including the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester (about 16 miles from Webster) and Internal Medicine Associates of Webster, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Webster
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Webster start around $3,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Webster and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Webster
If seniors need help financing their ALF care in Webster, they might apply for the Long-Term Home Health Program 1915(c) Waiver program and the Assisted Living Program, as well as an optional state supplement (OSS) to SSI recipients.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Webster
Webster and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Webster, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Webster
Webster-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Webster, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Webster
Review of St. Ann's Community at Cherry Ridge
Well I can see from previous reviews that this facility is highly rated. I have encountered a problem that was not previously mentioned. Due to the virus & the lock down of the facility we have... Read more
Review of St. Ann's Community at Cherry Ridge
My mother is in enhanced assisted living at St. Ann's Community at Cherry Ridge. They're really good. The staff sincerely does their job and cares. It's a pretty nice, new, and well maintained faci... Read more
Review of Castle Pointe & Sage Harbor at Baywinde
We loved Baywinde Senior Living. It was wonderful there. We loved the girl who gave us the tour and talked to us. She was amazing and great. She was very thorough and explained everything. The dini... Read more