The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Henrietta, NY for 2023
Also serving communities of Honeoye Falls, Lima.
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Henrietta area, with 2 in Henrietta and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Henrietta is $3,160 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 143 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Henrietta. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Henrietta 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pittsford with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Henrietta, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Henrietta, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Henrietta
Henrietta was founded in 1818 and became the crossroads for Monroe County. It's now a suburb of Rochester and home to around 42,500 people, almost 12 percent of whom are aged 65 or older. There are two assisted living facilities in the town to accommodate seniors and a further 32 in nearby communities, including Rochester, Pittsford and Honeoye Falls.
There are three types of adult care facilities (ACFs) in New York State, regulated by the New York State Department of Health. These facilities may seek additional licensing to become assisted living residences (ALRs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Henrietta
- The cost of living in Henrietta is 93 on the Sperling index, significantly lower than the state average of 129. This makes Henrietta an affordable option for seniors wishing to retire in New York state. Seniors can save money on groceries and health care which are both less expensive than the national average.
- Henrietta is warm in summer and cold in winter, with winter lows around 18 degrees and summer highs of 81. The town gets 79 inches of snow each year, over 50 inches more than the national average, which can keep seniors inside over the winter months.
- Air quality in Monroe County, including Henrietta, gets a good rating in three categories from the American Lung Association. This may be helpful to seniors who wish to avoid aggravating their respiratory systems.
- New York State, including Henrietta, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Public transport in Henrietta is provided by RTS. Senior riders are eligible to pay half-price fare during off-peak times. Seniors may also be eligible to use RTS Access, a ride-sharing service for those unable to use regular services.
- The Rochester area, including Henrietta, is home to world-class medical facilities, including Strong Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Henrietta
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Henrietta start around $3,160 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Henrietta and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Henrietta
Limited financial assistance is available to seniors in assisted living facilities through New York's Assisted Living Program (ALP). Seniors in Henrietta who receive income from Social Security may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Henrietta
Henrietta and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Henrietta, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Henrietta
Henrietta-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Henrietta
Review of Woodcrest Commons
We went to Woodcrest Commons. The person who was supposed to give the tour actually didn't show up and someone else gave the tour. My sister and I found the facility to be clean, but overall it fel... Read more
Review of Woodcrest Commons
My mother resides at Woodcrest Commons. We've determined to keep her at that facility at this time. It's very nice, and they're accommodating. The communication with the staff is very good, especia... Read more
Review of Woodcrest Commons
Our Mom was a resident at the Woodcrest Commons for four years. The many friendships she developed during that time helped to make her stay an enjoyable one. The administration staff, nursing sta... Read more