St. John's Meadows

Reviews of St. John's Meadows

Independent Living Reviews for St. John's Meadows

February 26, 2014

By Irene12

St. John's Meadows is mostly independent. There is the part that's assisted but not much. I have an apartment that is a fairly good size and I cook my own meals. I don't go down for dinner. They have a lot of activities, bridge, euchre, all sorts of things. I have not participated too much because I haven't been here very long. It's a very nice place. The people are friendly here. If you have any questions about anything, they certainly are willing to answer and it's a very nice facility all around.

November 19, 2012

By CJ88SY

My experiences visiting my grandfather at St. John's Meadows were quite positive. The facility is highly-equipped to assist seniors of all abilities accomplish many goals. Whether the residents wish to quietly rent a small home along the perimeter of the property, or live within the main buildings in the center of the campus, there was something for everyone. Being more active and able than some other residents, my grandfather was able to rent a small two bedroom home in the community.Exploring St. John's Meadows was an interesting adventure, as there were so many different aspects to it that made it wonderful for seniors and their visitors. The staff in the main office was incredibly helpful and welcoming, always willing to tell us where to go for certain activities and events. There was a heated indoor pool in the facility that my grandpa could make sure was open simply by flipping onto an in-house TV channel, which revealed a video feed for the pool house.The only negative issue with the community at St. John's Meadows was the access to the main entrance. It is located on a very busy road in Rochester, and has no traffic light at the entrance's intersection with the road. Turning left out of the community onto this road was nearly impossible, and quite dangerous for even a young and alert adult like myself. I always worried that my grandpa was going to attempt a difficult left turn exiting his community and get into a car accident.

About St. John's Meadows

The serene charm of a Meadows country-like setting draws visitors into a senior community bustling with vitality and opportunity. More than 400 active seniors plus friendly, knowledgeable staff make up St. John's Meadows, offering independent living and enhanced assisted living. Located on 35 acres in the heart of Brighton, St. John's Meadows has country beauty with all the convenience of a lively senior community in one package. Above all, we have listened to seniors and incorporated the amenities they cherish most in a retirement community... value and choice.

Residents at St. John's Meadows choose a lifestyle and a neighborhood, sign an annual lease and make monthly rental payments. Residents find St. John's Meadow's Satisfaction Surveyflexibility one of the best values in a senior community lifestyle full of friendships, exercise, activities, beauty, and choice. Residents have more time to do the things they like to do, as lawn care, snow removal, window washing, and other chores are taken care of for them. Outside your door, an active, stimulating and social lifestyle awaits should you choose to participate. Also, to ensure peace of mind while living at the Meadows, a personal emergency response system is included in every Cottage and apartment.

Map of St. John's Meadows