The Gables of Brighton

Offers Independent Living

2001 Clinton Avenue South, Rochester, NY 14618
The Gables of Brighton (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 60 days

Getting Ready for Spring Rates! Deposit by 4/30/2021 to receive the following rates: $1900 Studio $2300 One Bedroom $2950 Two Bedroom

Reviews of The Gables of Brighton

Independent Living Reviews for The Gables of Brighton

November 24, 2016

By Elaine764537

Brookdale Brighton was landscaped really nicely. It was kind of woodsy, but the place was beautiful and clean. The staff was wonderful, but I thought the apartments were small. They have exercise classes which I thought was nice. I was very impressed.

September 01, 2016

By Tom705284

We were treated very warmly at Brookdale Brighton. All of our questions were answered. They went to a lot of trouble to make sure our questions were fully answered. It was a nice tour. It was a very enjoyable experience. It was fully informative and very useful in the sense that they answered our questions. They gave us a feeling for “how” and not just what people were doing but how they were doing it. It wasn’t all that big, it was more of an intimate feeling, but it was located near everything that we wanted to go and see.

May 10, 2016

By Pat123962250

Brookdale Brighton was fine, friendly, and very focused on independent living. My friend was not able to take advantage of that, but it was good. They had outside services that come in to assist people, which is interesting. They’re independent living, but then outside services come in to help keep people there, so they don’t have to leave. That’s very helpful. It didn’t meet our needs though, but I could see where it would meet other people’s need.

May 10, 2016

By Amanda19

I like Brookdale Brighton for my aunt. It was lovely, but the only problem was, for someone with dementia, there were too many hallways to go down to get to the main area. The staff that I talked to was nice. The rooms were nice, and the bathrooms were set up with towels and shower curtains.

December 15, 2015

My tour at Brookdale Brighton was pretty good. Their apartments are very nice. My uncle has a very roomy studio apartment. The only complaint I have would be with the food. They have a new chef, and the food hasn’t been that great. They have a pond in the back and a couple of seats where the residents can sit. Activities include going to concerts and having someone come in, usually once or twice a week, to give a concert.

July 14, 2015

The Gables at Brighton was beautiful with also beautiful rooms. They offered driving to doctor’s appointments and to grocery stores. The staff was very nice, the food was good, and the cost was reasonable. I think they have everything, like they can get their hair done, exercises, music room, gauging people in different things, and reading groups. It is not assisted living, so they didn’t have medical back up, but I think they should have a medical back up in case they fall.

May 04, 2015

By Karen106067950

Gables at Brighton was nice, but they only do like all inclusive, and I was looking for more of a meal program where you wouldn't have to go down every breakfast, lunch, and dinner with everybody and you could just pay as you go, and they do not offer that.

November 14, 2014

By Darryl1377

Gables at Brighton was clean. It was spacious and nice. It was a good place to be. It was really homey. They have arts and crafts. It was very nice. Regarding the neighborhood, it's a very busy residential area, but it is kind of set back a little bit, so that makes it nice. It's convenient. It is near a hospital.

September 08, 2014

By Gene12

The Gables at Brighton is in a pretty wooded area, but it is centrally located. There are a lot of things very close by, i.e., grocery store and the doctors. The apartments were lovely. They weren't huge, but they were plenty big enough. The views out the window were beautiful. You can have a nice walk around the place. There are three meals a day. There are a lot of things to do. The Gables was very nice. The staff seemed to be very pleasant. It was my favorite of all of them, but it was way too expensive for me. The dining area was lovely. It wasn't too big. In terms of activities, there were something every day and there were things that I would have enjoyed. They have a bus that takes you places. They have pool table. They have concerts. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

April 01, 2014

By Debby6

My father is at the Gables right now. I really like it. For what we need it for, it's just fine for him. They have little programs during the day, 10 o'clock is exercise. The food is very good, and the cleanliness is awesome. It's a very nice environment. It has very nice energy, is bright, and it has been awesome. They have their own apartments. Because some people don't want to just sit around their house and watch TV by themselves, probably, they have a TV room where they can all share the same TV, but at 7 o'clock, they watch movies together, so I guess that would be fine.

January 27, 2014

Dad was at the Gables of Brighton, but he became ill and needs to go back to the hospital. He was only there for a month. The place was very nice and they took care of my father.

June 30, 2012

By Clive1

My sister and I toured this facility and happened to like it. As a matter of fact we just moved our father there last week. The price is very reasonable. I like that they provide transportation to appointments. They have a lot of good diverse schedule of activities. Most of all I really like their dining facility. It's really huge and it's like a restaurant than like a dining hall. There are different plans one can sign up for. There's not a breakfast or lunch but a brunch. So the brunch is included everyday but the dinner it's extra and you can sign up for 10 meals a month, 20 or 30. We had him for 20 meals a month. His apartment is nice. The staff seemed caring.

Questions about The Gables of Brighton

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Gables of Brighton. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Gables of Brighton is comprised of accomplished seniors including, lawyers, professors, and historians. Our seniors enjoy playing cards, independently socializing, participating in our trips and outings, and pursuing intellectual and spiritual growth. The average age of our residents are around 80 years old who are looking to enjoy retirement living.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are directly across the street from multiple retail shops and restaurants including Lifespan and Fonte's medical equipment. We are also very closely located to Strong Memorial Hospital and the satellite offices affiliated with Strong.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Gables of Brighton has organized?

Recently we have visited GEVA Theater, the JCC, Theater on the Ridge, Finger Lakes Racetrack and Casino, monthly events at Henrietta, Brighton, and Pittsford Senior Centers, restaurants such as Antonetta's and Olive Garden.

What transportation services does The Gables of Brighton offer to independent living residents?

We can provide transportation for everyday tasks like banking, shopping, religious services, and doctor visits. We have particular days dedicated for medically necessary visits alternating with days that a targeted for errands. Please schedule transportation with our concierge staff.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Gables of Brighton exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Continental breakfast daily that can include eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausage, oatmeal, muffins and bagels, fresh fruit and juices with made to order omelet's on Wednesday's. Lunches include a featured soup or salad, an up to three entrees to chose from. Dinner includes choice or soup, salad, larger dinner portion, dessert, and beverage including beer or wine. Room service available!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Common areas include our recently remodeled living room with a Grand Piano, our Seneca Room for larger parties and activities, our Eastman room for smaller daily activities, a gym, and a beauty salon for haircuts or nail treatments.

What safety features or security measures does The Gables of Brighton offer to independent living residents?

We offer daily wellness checks on all residents at our community. We have emergency pull cords in each bathroom and bedroom in the community. We work with an offsite monitoring system to ensure redundancy in responses whenever and wherever an emergency should arise in our community. Our 24-hour concierge staff lock all emergency exit doors and can screen late night visitors. Should a resident require to be let in after hours, our concierge staff will open the main door for them. Residents can call from our main entrance vestibule for assistance.

If The Gables of Brighton accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community and welcome four legged family members to join us. We have a pond to the south east of our community and a walking path that surrounds our entire building. Out front the Gables has beautifully maintained gardens and each egress door has green areas for our resident's pets.

Does The Gables of Brighton work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We work with any and all home and community-based providers to augment the services our residents receive here while at the Gables of Brighton. We welcome CHHA, LHCSSA, and Companion Care services to provide additional assistance to our residents as necessary.

Costs for The Gables of Brighton

Photos of The Gables of Brighton

Services and Amenities of The Gables of Brighton

• Fee Structure Extra: $2000 Community Fee
  • Independent Living Starting At: $1900/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About The Gables of Brighton

The Gables offers something for everyone and if your needs change, we are with you every step of the way. With the care options we offer and dedicated staff available 24 hours a day, combined with our partnerships with reputable healthcare professionals; you'll rest easy knowing we can meet your every need.

Residents have a variety of services and amenities available to them. Enjoy our exceptional restaurant-style dining with a full complement of menu choices while socializing with friends or enjoy a game of cards in our well-appointed game room. If you’re interested in more relaxing and private activities, spend time surfing the internet in our library or tending to your favorite flowers in our outdoor garden areas.

SERVICES PROVIDED: RETIREMENT ACTIVE ADULT - The Gables of Brighton provides Exceptional Independent Living services for seniors.

• Our restaurant-style dining program offers expanded continental breakfast with cold and hot items, as well as lunch and dinner daily. Each meal is prepared fresh and served by our friendly, well-trained wait staff.
  • Our housekeeping staff will clean your apartment the way you want it cleaned every week.
  • Our trained and licensed transportation staff provides door-to-door services to popular shopping, restaurants, and services in the community.
  • There’s always something fun and exciting to do here. Our diverse programs, outings, and events offer something for everyone

Map of The Gables of Brighton