Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

November 28, 2016

By Tina801276

Maplewood was very open. Everyone seemed to be very alert and very happy to be there. I talked to some of the residents. We had lunch, and the food was very good. I was watching the residents, and they were all interacting with each other, comfortably and happily.

November 21, 2016

By Erin572018

Maplewood is clean, and grandma is in a studio apartment; it's one room and the bathroom. The bathroom was big enough for her. I don't have a problem with them getting around, from the main entrance and the side entrance, and the hallways were acceptable. The staff was very nice, welcoming, and kind. There were quite a few activities.

October 31, 2016

By Kathy801402

I visited Maplewood Estates, and it felt like where my mother would be, but not me. It didn’t have as many open living rooms, where anybody could just sit. The pricing was $2500+ -- which included 3 meals a day. The mean age there was 80, and it felt more like a nursing home.

Kathy801402, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We'd like to thank you for visiting us, and sharing your thoughts on your visit with us!

October 06, 2016

By Lynn642632

If your loved one is in good health, Maplewood Estates would really be a nice place. I liked the space that was offered, but unfortunately, they had limitations on what they could offer. They don’t have a nurse to give her a diet or insulin shot, but they had a nurse that would actually take glucose reading. I really like them; it was inviting, and people smiles and talk to you. It was a good feeling for her too and reasonably priced, but it wasn’t the right fit for mom.

June 28, 2016

By Marcia163026

We visited Maplewood Estates. The people stood out to me, especially the administrative fellow we met. He was a very kind person who tried very hard to work with us. He was very patient and informative. I really felt comfortable there. The guests or the people living there were very welcoming, which you would not get from other places.

June 23, 2016

By Relative 555761064

We chose Maplewood Estates for my father-in-law and are happy. It’s a lovely, well-kept place. The staff has been great.

September 28, 2015

By Paula113750750

My grandparents are at Maplewood Estates. They have excellent staff. They're very friendly people. The facility is very clean. They have lots of activities. It seems to be great. My grandparents seem to love it. They love the food too. I've eaten there, and I think it is great. They have a wide variety of things they could choose from. My grandparents are very happy with this community. The atmosphere is very friendly, the facility is very clean, and they are exceptionally friendly. The staff and other residents are really friendly and outgoing.

June 30, 2015

By Karen106067950

We visited Maplewood and it was very nice.

September 26, 2014

By bubbajack

I visited this facility and was very pleased with the tour. Tom gave me the tour and I was pleased, but for me it was not the place as they don't accept medicare.

September 08, 2014

By Gene12

Maplewood Estates is my son's favorite. I did eat a meal there and it was very good. It was excellent. Everybody was seated in the dining room but it was a mad house. Nevertheless, there were good choices of food there. The apartments were OK but I didn't like them as much as I did at the other facility. In regards to the staff, the few people I dealt with were wonderful and very helpful. They took me around and showed me three apartments. They did have an activity calendar. I do remember one thing that was on the calendar because it's my favorite thing to do is bridge. It was very good. I would recommend this place to others.

August 27, 2014

Maplewood has double rooms. It was a nice place and location. We had lunch there, but the food wasn’t very good and they need to improve on that. The staff was okay and the place was clean -- it seemed to be okay.

March 27, 2014

By Kay24

I was treated very nicely. I had a nice tour around and a nice lunch. The facility is spread out nicely. It's across the street from a church that I would consider going to. I'm just not quite ready to move yet, but I just want some things in mind for when I may have to. The rooms were nice and comfortable. I wish I could afford a 2-bedroom, but I had to go with the cheaper 1-bedroom. A studio would be too small. The dining room was nice. They adapt to people's choices, and they have substitutes for some things. I didn't really glance much at the activity calendar.

February 14, 2014

By Rebelcoz

I've visited many communities in the area and this is the only one I felt at home. The people were all having a good time and were very friendly to me. We stayed for lunch and the food was better than some upscale restaurants that I have been to. The staff was very helpful and pleasent. I was able to look at a beautiful one bedroom apartment one of the residents was so gracious to show. I'm going to be moving there when an apartment opens up!

June 25, 2013

By Jane28

Maplewood Estates, at the time I visited this place, seemed very rundown. It was just very depressing. The apartment that I got a chance to look at was just one room, just the bedroom. The staff, however, were very friendly and very nice.

June 17, 2012

By caringabc

Apartments are nice, with balcony, in a nice neighborhood. Seemed secure. Common areas kept clean. Resident had a cat; housekeeping refused to clean the bathroom where the litterbox was kept. The onsite hairdresser was rude and confrontational to one of the people caring for the resident.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Fairport. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our folks age range is from 55 to 103. You are independent here, so you decide. You could be active all day with us, or choose to do your own thing. We have programs in place that help keep our folks Independent longer.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Fairport is a very active and friendly village, from Canal Days to Ice Hockey tournaments there is always activities going on, Not to mention a Wegmans right down the street.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Fairport has organized?

Our folks just enjoyed a ride to see the Celebrations of Lights for Christmas. We adopt a family at Christmas and help them to enjoy this time of year. We are very involved with the village and invite all children to enjoy Halloween, Easter and all the holidays.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Fairport offer to independent living residents?

We provide transportation to shopping one day a week and Doctors appointments one day a week. We also have a fun trip planned every week.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Fairport exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Chef Keith is a graduate of the Culinary school at Hyde Park. He has developed an Elevated Dining Program to satisfy the most finicky of palettes.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a large activity room that host a number of different functions, private dinning room for family affair, chapel, Library, Salon, TV room, card room, pool and shuffle board room.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Fairport offer to independent living residents?

We have a concierge service from 7:30am-7:30pm. Every resident has a Great call pendent with 24/7 coverage.

If Solstice Senior Living at Fairport accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a very pet friendly Community with close ties to Lollypop Farm.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Fairport work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

ComForCare a fully licensed health care agency resides in our building to assist residents 24/7

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

Photos of Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

Services and Amenities of Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• About Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Fairport