Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

August 07, 2021

By Giannina

We went to Solstice Senior Living at Fairport and had an extensive tour. Mom will be moving into independent living, but we're bringing in services as needed because she's almost ninety-eight and extremely fragile. They have programs that they're affiliated with that allow us to bring in somebody to help her shower three times a week. They have visits from the doctor, so they can do blood work and X-rays right there. Plus, I'm about ten minutes away myself, and I can help her as well. The facility is very, very lovely. They have patios, and it is important for somebody like my mother to be able to get out. Meals are included but she has a little kitchenette, so she can cook if she wants to make herself a snack. The staff is also very kind. They have longevity among the staff, which is another important thing for me. Many of them have been there over ten years and that says something. It must be a good place to work, then, and they must like what they're doing. When I was talking to the other residents, they were smiling and everybody knew everybody's name, and that was important too. They have plenty of activities, like movement classes, puzzles, and gardening. In terms of activities, it wasn't key for us because of her age, but they gave me a schedule, and they have a ton of different things going on. It costs about $2000 a month, and it includes all her meals, weekly cleaning services, cable TV, and a telephone. It's affordable. We always thought that a facility like this would be beyond our reach, but it really is quite reasonable.

Thank you so much for your review of Solstice at Fairport, Giannina! We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback. Have a wonderful day!

August 04, 2021

By Sister in law

The visit was very informative, staff and residents friendly. On resident when asked said he liked living there. My brother in law likes trains and they offered to let him set his trains up in a nook. Although the value of this senior independant living facility was the best we found, my brother in law could only afford the studio and was not willing at this time to downsize.

Thank you for your review of Solstice at Fairport! We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback.

June 23, 2021

By Steve

I think that Solstice Senior Living at Fairport is very nice and I like their philosophy on how they approach things. We took a tour with the director and he was great. They have everything you need. I thought that the apartments themselves with the built in kitchenettes could have been a little bit nicer. Everybody we've interacted with has been great. Because of COVID, they had everything like boxed ranches for the residents. I thought it was pretty well-kept. It's right off a major highway, right down the street from the supermarket, so it's pretty convenient.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback, Steve! We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful experience on your tour of our community. Have a wonderful day!

June 22, 2021

By Stan

We went to Solstice Senior Living. The staff was very accommodating, and he showed me through the facility. In fact, I visited several times. It was a good experience. There was a patio on the particular apartment that we toured. The dining area is a regular sit-down dining room. The place is homey.

Thank you for your review of Solstice Senior Living, Stan! We truly appreciate the feedback.

November 26, 2020

By Sid

Solstice Senior Living at Fairport I believe is the best thing offered in the area. They have a good location, their prices are not out of sight, and they offer anything from a one-bedroom, to a cottage with an attached garage, which was important to me because if I were to make a move, which I'm not ready to do, I would probably go to Solstice in this area. You are within 12 minutes of downtown Rochester, which is a good size city of over half a million people, you're only minutes away from all kinds of shopping available, the only thing going against it is the fact that they're located in New York state, which has lousy weather and high taxes. I did not taste their food, but they seem to offer a changing selection. I only had contact with the manager, he did a nice job, he gave me lots of time, he didn't rush me through, and answered all my questions. It seemed to be pretty clean, neat, I got to have very fast hellos with some of the people that lived there, and they seemed to be quite content.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our community, Sid! We are pleased you had a wonderful experience at Solstice Senior Living at Fairport, and we hope to see you back at our community soon!

January 24, 2020

By WHM28445

My Mother currently resides at Solstice and we are very happy with the care and treatment she receives. She also has dementia and and gets easily confused, but the Staff is very patient with her, and help her navigate the facility, provide medication reminders and bring her food if she does not want to leave her room that day. I would recommend this place to family and friends.

October 18, 2019

By Donna

Solstice Senior Living at Fairport pretty much had everything and was a nice place. I saw that they had a menu, but they also had certain things that were available so that's good. The gentleman that showed me around was also very good. I was given a form with their activities. The community is located right off a route that I travelled a lot so that's nice. It's also located near a lot of shopping areas and church, it has nice grounds as well. I looked at their schedule and it seemed like they do almost the same thing every Sunday, maybe a little variety would be better. They showed me one room, there's a snack bar but I don't think there's a stove in the room. The staff was very friendly and we had a nice conversation.

September 29, 2018

By Virginia

Solstice Senior Living at Fairport is such a lovely place. They're very friendly. Everybody seems happy, and the food is great. The rooms are little but very lovely, clean, new looking, and bright with lots of windows. They don't have a swimming pool, but they have a salon and community room where people can meet with families. They have a little fitness area and a small snack bar where people can go down anytime and grab a yogurt or cup of coffee; it's all included.

January 01, 2018

By sarass123

Very family oriented and felt cozy. I love the open dining room ceiling that opens to the second floor. The community seemed nicely decorative for the holidays. Was greeted right away by friendly staff, and residents. One in particular gave me a hug. I saw a few options for apartments and though the sizes were good. Everything i guess included in the rent, which seems nice. Prices are a bit high, but factor in all you get. Activities seemed to fit anyone who wants to be active.

April 26, 2017

By Edward724410

It seemed to be very nice. Unfortunately, being off of a major highway is a negative. The staff was very friendly and the place was very clean and very nice. We met a lot of the residents who seemed to be very happy, so that was nice to hear.

March 29, 2017

By Thomas652316

Its rooms were very nice. We liked them, but they were limited on kitchen essentials since they didn’t have a stove and a lot of space. The little houses with garages attached to them were gorgeous, and we really liked them. The only negative that we saw was that the main building kind of gave you the feeling that you were almost in a nursing home instead of an adult community -- which was a setting I wasn’t comfortable with. It was very nice, but it's not what we are interested in.

March 04, 2017

By Mary133786

It was a very clean facility. There were apartments, and the atmosphere was very cheerful. The people seemed very content being there. We had lunch. The menu had a good variety, and the food was very good. They had a library, a TV room, and a pool table. It was the only community that we were really interested in because of its location. They also had cottages that were very nice. We met with the sales manager who was very helpful and very gracious. Our daughter went with us, and we had a delightful time. They invited us to other activities, so we will be attending some of those in the future. We were very pleased.

November 28, 2016

By Tina801276

It was very open. Everyone seemed to be very alert and very happy to be there. I talked to some of the residents. We had lunch, and the food was very good. I was watching the residents, and they were all interacting with each other, comfortably and happily.

November 21, 2016

By Erin572018

It is clean, and grandma is in a studio apartment; it's one room and the bathroom. The bathroom was big enough for her. I don't have a problem with them getting around, from the main entrance and the side entrance, and the hallways were acceptable. The staff was very nice, welcoming, and kind. There were quite a few activities.

June 28, 2016

By Marcia163026

We visited. The people stood out to me, especially the administrative fellow we met. He was a very kind person who tried very hard to work with us. He was very patient and informative. I really felt comfortable there. The guests or the people living there were very welcoming, which you would not get from other places.

September 28, 2015

By Paula113750750

My grandparents are here. They have excellent staff. They're very friendly people. The facility is very clean. They have lots of activities. It seems to be great. My grandparents seem to love it. They love the food too. I've eaten there, and I think it is great. They have a wide variety of things they could choose from. My grandparents are very happy with this community. The atmosphere is very friendly, the facility is very clean, and they are exceptionally friendly. The staff and other residents are really friendly and outgoing.

September 26, 2014

By bubbajack

I visited this facility and was very pleased with the tour. Tom gave me the tour and I was pleased, but for me it was not the place as they don't accept medicare.

September 08, 2014

By Gene12

It is my son's favorite. I did eat a meal there and it was very good. It was excellent. Everybody was seated in the dining room but it was a mad house. Nevertheless, there were good choices of food there. The apartments were OK but I didn't like them as much as I did at the other facility. In regards to the staff, the few people I dealt with were wonderful and very helpful. They took me around and showed me three apartments. They did have an activity calendar. I do remember one thing that was on the calendar because it's my favorite thing to do is bridge. It was very good. I would recommend this place to others.

August 27, 2014

It has double rooms. It was a nice place and location. We had lunch there, but the food wasn’t very good and they need to improve on that. The staff was okay and the place was clean -- it seemed to be okay.

March 27, 2014

By Kay24

I was treated very nicely. I had a nice tour around and a nice lunch. The facility is spread out nicely. It's across the street from a church that I would consider going to. I'm just not quite ready to move yet, but I just want some things in mind for when I may have to. The rooms were nice and comfortable. I wish I could afford a 2-bedroom, but I had to go with the cheaper 1-bedroom. A studio would be too small. The dining room was nice. They adapt to people's choices, and they have substitutes for some things. I didn't really glance much at the activity calendar.

February 14, 2014

By Rebelcoz

I've visited many communities in the area and this is the only one I felt at home. The people were all having a good time and were very friendly to me. We stayed for lunch and the food was better than some upscale restaurants that I have been to. The staff was very helpful and pleasent. I was able to look at a beautiful one bedroom apartment one of the residents was so gracious to show. I'm going to be moving there when an apartment opens up!

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Fairport. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our folks age range is from 55 to 103. You are independent here, so you decide. You could be active all day with us, or choose to do your own thing. We have programs in place that help keep our folks Independent longer.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Fairport is a very active and friendly village, from Canal Days to Ice Hockey tournaments there is always activities going on, Not to mention a Wegmans right down the street.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Fairport has organized?

Our folks just enjoyed a ride to see the Celebrations of Lights for Christmas. We adopt a family at Christmas and help them to enjoy this time of year. We are very involved with the village and invite all children to enjoy Halloween, Easter and all the holidays.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Fairport offer to independent living residents?

We provide transportation to shopping one day a week and Doctors appointments one day a week. We also have a fun trip planned every week.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Fairport exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Chef Keith is a graduate of the Culinary school at Hyde Park. He has developed an Elevated Dining Program to satisfy the most finicky of palettes.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a large activity room that host a number of different functions, private dinning room for family affair, chapel, Library, Salon, TV room, card room, pool and shuffle board room.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Fairport offer to independent living residents?

We have a concierge service from 7:30am-7:30pm. Every resident has a Great call pendent with 24/7 coverage.

If Solstice Senior Living at Fairport accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a very pet friendly Community with close ties to Lollypop Farm.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Fairport work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

ComForCare a fully licensed health care agency resides in our building to assist residents 24/7

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Fairport

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Fairport