Elderwood Village at Greece

Reviews of Elderwood Village at Greece

Assisted Living Reviews for Elderwood Village at Greece

September 07, 2016

By Linda342343

My mother stayed at Brookdale West Side Rochester, and we were not happy at all. I was honest with the facility's rep and told her that it was going to be a short-term stay. She said that that would be okay. The place was close to my house. The building was cute and small, and that was fine with me. They told me there would be a $2,000 fee up front; that's a lot for a short-term stay, especially when you're paying $2,500 a month for rent. I gave them my 30 day notice and I realized that my $2500 will not be pro-rated and that's fine if I brought my mother home earlier. My mother ended up being in the hospital twice. She passed out from severe dehydration. On Sunday, we brought her back to Brookdale, and on Monday night, they called me because she was throwing up. She was so constipated that she was throwing it up. I was quite upset. I asked them, "Isn't anybody monitoring or noticing whether she has pooped or not?" They said they hadn't been monitoring anything like that. It's an assisted living facility, but they don't do anything. They were charging me $1,900 a month extra on top of the rent, and I felt my mother was not getting good care. My mother wasn't participating in activities; they weren't doing anything to try to get her to, either. Only once or twice, they asked her if she wanted to go down and do anything. They just left the residents alone. My mother had just gotten out of the hospital from being dehydrated. When I got there, she was lying in bed; she hadn't even gone down for lunch. It was ridiculous! Nobody came to make sure she was going to lunch, even though she had just gotten back from the hospital. I was very, very upset. When we left (because I took my mother home from the hospital instead of taking her back there), they charged me for an extra 14 days of care. They said, "If you go to the hospital and you don't come back, we charge you for 14 days." If I had taken my mother back there just for a day or so, they would have pro-rated the charge.

February 21, 2016

By Cordelia2

I liked Brookdale West Side Rochester because it felt like home. The staff was friendly, and I could see that they really take care of their residents. They have exercise classes, painting, and other different activities. The rooms are comfortable.

December 15, 2015

By Lynn116329150

Brookdale West Side Rochester is very nice, well-run place with a nice staff. Everything is going really well. My mother-in-law has a single room with a bathroom. She is participating in all of the activities. She has been there for a couple of months now.

August 13, 2015

I visited Brookdale West Side Rochester. The residents were delightful. It was a very warm feeling place, and I was impressed with it. They only had single bedrooms, and I was looking for something with a little more space for both of my parents.

August 05, 2015

By Marie111107850

I did visit a small facility called Emeritus here in Rochester. It was a little different because I didn't realize that it was an assisted living facility. I was looking for independent living for my mother because she is still quite able to do things on her own. I had a tour, and it was very pleasant, but it really wasn't what I was looking for for my mother, so I just wouldn't go through with this one. They were very nice while I was there. Even though I really wasn't interested at this point, they asked me if I wanted to have a tour anyway, just in case I get to the point where my mother would have needed assisted care, so they gave me a nice tour and even recommended a couple of the other facilities that they run in the area that if I was interested in independent living. They gave me names and numbers of folks to give a call to -- of the Brookdale failities. I did see their dining room, but I didn't go in. The residents were having lunch, and it looked pleasant enough. Everyone seemed happy.

January 03, 2015

By Sue99335950

It’s a really nice assisted home for my dad. The company just bought them, it used to be Emeritus at Westside, but it’s now Brookdale. It’s a good place. The environment is always pleasant, and the whole place is set up nicely. The people are very friendly. It’s not crowded, it’s all on one floor, and there are probably only about 60 people. My dad got one of the brand new rooms, and there’s plenty of room to it. It doesn’t have a shower -- only a toilet and a sink -- but they gave him a reduced rate. He takes a shower down the hall, and somebody helps him. Right outside his room, there’s a living room area and a TV. The staff and the service are excellent. Whenever I go there, they’re very friendly in taking care of my dad. The dining area is great; it seems like a restaurant. They have a chef, it has big open windows, and the waitresses take the food to the tables. My dad wasn’t raving about the food when he first got there, but now the food is OK. When I go there, the food smells great. They have mass every day, he plays bingo once in a while, he signed up for an outing to go to a restaurant for lunch, he gets his haircut, and he reads a lot. I think he got every magazine subscription he can think of. I’m very happy there.

June 30, 2014

Mom is at Emeritus at West Side Rochester. It's a very nice place and very reasonably priced. The staff, as well as the sanitation of the facility, has been pretty good. The room is kind of OK, nothing extraordinary.

January 30, 2014

By Michelle45

We chose Emeritus at West Side Rochester for my uncle because it was convenient from where he live. He moved in there last November 1st. It's a nice little community within itself. Also, the staff is very friendly. This facility offers to take him to doctor's appointments, assists him with daily routine things, assists him with medications, and housekeeping. They have all kinds of activities too. They take their clients out for lunch. They play bingo and card games and they have little concerts. They also have church services.

December 26, 2013

By Beth12

Emeritus was way above our price range so they're unavailable for us. That's the only concern at this point. Their rooms I thought were small but I understand that's what's available nowadays for this type of facilities. However, I thought there were a good number of people there to care for the residents. The person that I talked to was very kind. She spoke to my mom, not just me, which was important. I have been to others where they speak to the care person rather than the person needing the care.

October 25, 2013

By Elizabeth23

We looked at Emeritus. I liked their dining hall area where they had a table set up so that people could sit in small group and be served. That would work well with my mom and dad. I liked the setting that they had a TV area and another sitting area, also a smoking area, things that my mother would definitely use. Their rooms had a bath, a dresser and a TV. The only thing that concerned me was that they don't have a wifi or computer connections because my parents though they were in their 80s they were into computers and they send emails every day. I would recommend them to others.

September 23, 2013

By Joan29

We went to see Emeritus and we had mixed feelings. I loved it, however my husband didn't like it simply because he didn't feel he was ready yet. The rooms were very nice and each room had it's own bathroom that really impressed me. It had a nice dining room. It was right across from a hospital. I was also impressed that the setting was in the woods.

September 05, 2013

By ALFamily

We have an elderly family member living here for over a year now. Unhappy underpaid employees results in too much staff turnover, resulting in feeling of hopelessness for some residents. It is indeed sad to have lost so many good people we had grown to love and considered them part of our family. Makes for a bad feel for everyone. We don't know why they can't pay a better salary more and keep good people. Several are working 2 jobs to stay afloat financailly. Also, carpets are usually dirty though they do have them cleaned at times.

July 11, 2012

By George4

I can't think of a single problem a person would have with Emeritus. First of all, they have highly-competent staff who effectively manage my grandmother's needs, so she has no difficulty in proceeding with her daily activities, from bathing to eating to transportation. Despite the number of people who live there, they continue to maintain a high standard of work quality. The rooms are all kept very clean and sanitary, probably more so than my own home is. The food, in particular, is surprisingly well-made, to the point where one would expect to find it in a moderately-expensive restaurant. Perhaps most important is that the community is very friendly and amicable, both the residents and the staff, and they appear to have a good time with the wide range of recreational options available. Emeritus also maintains medical facilities, which include therapy, care, and rehabilitation services. Considering my grandmother's questionable healthiness, this was a relatively important thing to consider in choosing the facility.

May 31, 2012

By Amel

I like to go there every month because my grandparent and the facilitation they have. I do many family activities with my family like playing games, visit some off-site excursions and their religion services. My grandparents also happy for the service that the facilities give to them. They say that they does not have any complaint living there and so am I. The amenities is so great and the meals and the snacks taste delicious. Their apartments is so clean and perfect for elder. All the elder in the facilities also polite and easy going person. All my visit was a great memory. I never get bored or regretted going there. Sometimes, I also have took my vacations there. They even have a beauty salon and I think that greats for elder who wants to be fashionable for some events. I also see that their services was really great for someone who gets a disease, they even got some rehabilitation center and therapy. Just like a small hospital. I can not wait to go there again. I even thinking that maybe when I was older enough and retired, I will live in there for the rest of my life, just like my grandparents do.

Questions about Elderwood Village at Greece

What programs or activities does Elderwood Village at Greece offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Elderwood Village at Greece operates an extensive activities program in order to meet each residents' individual need. Arts, crafts, individualized exercise programs, sight seeing, trivia and performers are just a few things you can find on our monthly calendar.

What transportation services does Elderwood Village at Greece offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation to medical appointments on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Costs for Elderwood Village at Greece

Photos of Elderwood Village at Greece

Services and Amenities of Elderwood Village at Greece

• Housing Extra: Studios Only

• Pets: Yes

• Get Costs

About Elderwood Village at Greece

Elderwood Village at Greece is an assisted living community in scenic Rochester, New York. Known as the 'Flower City,' Rochester boasts stunningly beautiful blooms year round and hosts over 140 festivals and events through the spring, summer and early fall. With more than 100 family-friendly attractions, Rochester is a vibrant place for people of all ages to call home.

Our community at Elderwood Village at Greece is peaceful and quiet with easy access to all the fun and conveniences of Rochester. At Elderwood Village in Greece, residents enjoy personalized care in a home-like environment where our staff cares deeply for each person. Residents choose from three different apartment styles, choosing one that best suits their needs. Each home features individual climate control, private bathrooms and emergency call system.

Residents at Elderwood Village at Greece live an abundant life, free from the hassles of home ownership. Our residents are able to rest comfortably knowing our well-trained staff is taking care of life's little hassles. Services and amenities at Elderwood Village at Greece include:

LIFE AT ELDERWOOD

• Comfortable private rooms with bath, walk-in showers, individualized climate control and call system
    • Weekly housekeeping, laundry and scheduled transportation services
    • Round-the-clock supervision
    • Medication management and assistance with dressing, bathing and grooming
    • Attractive, safe and secure single-level building
    • Pleasant dining experience at every meal
    • Wellness programs, daily activities and regular outings
    • Washers and dryers available for personal use
    • Enclosed courtyard with walking paths and gardening areas with raised beds
    • Arts and crafts studio
    • Cafe / Bistro
    • Library, game room, billiards table and theater
    • Chapel
    • Full-service hair salon
    • Pet friendly
    • Part of the Elderwood community of service

Thank you for your interest at Elderwood Village at Greece. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Elderwood Village at Greece