19 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Cloud, FL
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saint Cloud area, with 5 in Saint Cloud and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Saint Cloud is $3,547 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Kissimmee with an average starting cost of $2,748.
To help you with your search, browse the 36 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saint Cloud. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saint Cloud 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kissimmee with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saint Cloud, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Saint Cloud, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saint Cloud
Saint Cloud was once known as the "friendly soldier city" as many of its early residents were veterans of the Civil War and the Spanish-American War. The city is still connected to its history with a Main Street that lets residents step back in time.
The city is home to around 51,000 people and more than 14 percent of residents are aged 65 and older. There are 15 assisted living facilities catering to seniors in Saint Cloud and nearby communities. These facilities are monitored by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration and may have a Standard or Specialty license depending on the type of care they provide.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saint Cloud
- The Saint Cloud area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Cloud Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Saint Cloud has an overall crime rate of 13 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is lower than 80 percent of Florida's other communities. The property crime rate of 11.54, which is less than half the state average. The city also has a low violent crime rate, which may help seniors feel more secure.
- Summers in Saint Cloud can be hot and humid, with an average high temperature in July of 92 degrees. The average low in January is 49 degrees and the mild winters may please seniors hoping to leave cold weather behind.
- The cost of living in Saint Cloud is rated at 112 by the Sperling index, 12 points higher than the national average. This is mainly due to the high cost of housing and the cost of some everyday expenses are low. Groceries and healthcare are both rated three points lower than the U.S. average which may lead to savings for seniors.
- Saint Cloud has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Osceola Council on Aging, an organization that provides services that help seniors stay independent as well as more than one senior center.
- Public transport in Saint Cloud is provided by LYNX. Seniors aged 65 and over are eligible for reduced fare and may also be able to utilize ACCESS LYNX, a door-to-door paratransit service for people unable to use the fixed-route service.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saint Cloud
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Saint Cloud start around $3,547 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saint Cloud and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saint Cloud
The Assistive Care Services waiver and the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program offer financial assistance to seniors in Saint Cloud who are in assisted living facilities. The Optional State Supplement is also available to eligible seniors receiving Social Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saint Cloud
Saint Cloud and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saint Cloud, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saint Cloud
Saint Cloud-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Saint Cloud, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saint Cloud
Review of Savannah Court of St. Cloud
We really like Savannah Court of St. Cloud, but we cannot afford it. We found it to be very clean and very nicely put together. It looks like a place that my mother-in-law would enjoy. The staff is... Read more
Review of Royal Gardens of St. Cloud
The rooms are clean and comfortable. There are single and double rooms. Staff tries to match roommates for patient comfort. The staff is friendly and willing to help when asked. Redidents have th... Read more
Review of Palamar House
My mom was in assisted living at Palamar House for a while and she liked it. They were short-staffed at times and they had a high turnover, and they seemed a little bit stressed. For the most part ... Read more