14 Assisted Living Facilities near Green Valley, AZ
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Green Valley area, with 7 in Green Valley and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Green Valley is $4,092 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Sahuarita with an average starting cost of $2,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 44 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Green Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Green Valley 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Green Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Green Valley, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Green Valley
Established in 1964, Green Valley is home to the 1,400 acre Green Valley Ranch, a 55+ community for active adults. Nearly three-fourths of its 21,000+ residents in 2017 were 65 and older. The seven assisted living communities in Green Valley and the six facilities a few miles north in Sahuarita provide a valuable service to area seniors.
These communities provide varying levels of services for their residents based on preferences and abilities. The Office of Assisted Living Facilities, under the auspices of the Arizona Department of Health Services, manages Arizona’s assisted living facilities. As residents age, they'll have viable housing options in Green Valley to help them stay close to friends and all that's familiar.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Green Valley
- Green Valley has organized transportation programs to provide free ride services within the community, as well as into Sahuarita and Tucson. Residents can also use fee-based shuttles within Green Valley. There are privately-operated airport shuttles to Tucson International Airport. The assisted living services also provide transportation for medical appointments, shopping and recreational outings.
- Although the air in Green Valley is inherently good, the Asarco Mission Mine tailings piled to the west of Green Valley lower it. Green Valley has an air quality index of 78 compared to the national average of 58.
- Other than summertime high temperatures hovering near 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the climate of Green Valley is mild. Its elevation at 2,980 feet helps it cool off at night and experience the rare snowfall in the winter. Autumn, winter and spring temperatures fall into a comfortably mild range between the 60s and 80s.
- Green Valley is one of the safest communities in Arizona and the U.S. Crimes against property have an index of 61 compared to the national rate of 100. Violent crime rates occur at the rate of 0.28 per 1,000 people.
- The cost of living in Green Valley sits at 96.6 compared to 100 for the nation as a whole. Food, health care and housing expenses are lower across the board, when compared to the cost of living in Arizona.
- This city is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Santa Cruz Valley Regional Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Green Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Green Valley start around $4,092 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Green Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Green Valley
The state of Arizona does not provide financial assistance to seniors for the costs associated with assisted living but does offer Medicare/Medicaid for those who qualify. Criteria may include physical and mental limitations, as well as financial considerations.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Green Valley
Green Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Green Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Green Valley
Green Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Green Valley, AZ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Green Valley
Review of Silver Springs
I'd been at Silver Springs to visit a friend and I had been there for meetings. They're very generous with their community rooms. It's very nice. We're very lucky down in this neck of the woods. We... Read more
Review of Silver Springs
We went to Silver Springs. I was very impressed, we went twice, the gentleman that gave us the tour was pretty nice, gave us free lunch, toured some of the rooms, and the whole facility. We had an ... Read more
Review of The Villas at Green Valley
We were very impressed with The Villas at Green Valley. The individual rooms were very nice and large. The bathrooms were nice and had a separate shower room, which is OK for safety. I was impresse... Read more