3 Assisted Living Facilities in Casa Grande, AZ
The average cost of assisted living in Casa Grande is $3,482 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 27 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Casa Grande. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Casa Grande 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include San Tan Valley with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Casa Grande, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Casa Grande
Located in Pinal County halfway between Tuscon and Phoenix is Casa Grande, a city of over 50,000 — 18 percent seniors ages 65 and over. Casa Grande is home to three assisted living facilities to accommodate seniors who are no longer independent. Casa Grande assisted living facilities are licensed and managed by the Division of Public Health Licensing Services, Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Casa Grande
- Casa Grande residents enjoy an average of 295 sunny days every year, compared to the national average of 205 sunny days annually. The region’s hot climate may be a deterrent for some, as July highs reach into the triple digits. However, with January lows bottoming out at 38 degrees Fahrenheit, the region’s mild winters are attractive to many seniors.
- Casa Grande’s air quality is on par with the national average. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the best, the city’s air quality rates a 58.
- While Arizona’s overall cost of living is slightly higher than the national average, Casa Grande residents enjoy a lower cost of living that comes in below both state and national averages. Among the most significant factors that bring down the overall cost is housing, which is 25 percent below the cost of housing in other U.S. cities and about 33 percent lower than other Arizona cities. However, seniors can also expect to spend less on groceries, medical care, utilities and miscellaneous expenses.
- The crime rate of Casa Grande is relatively high. Its overall crime rate is 37 percent higher than the national average and is statistically safer than 16 percent of U.S. cities. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest, Casa Grande’s violent crime rate is 43.0, compared to the national average of 31.1, and the property crime rate is 67.7, versus the national average of 38.1.
- Residents in Casa Grande pay a relatively high sales tax compared to other U.S. cities, but there is no tax on Social Security benefits. This means that seniors may have more money to put towards the cost of their care.
- The Casa Grande area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Banner Casa Grande Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Casa Grande
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Casa Grande start around $3,482 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Casa Grande and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Casa Grande
Seniors living in Casa Grande have access to three programs that may help them pay for assisted living, including Supplemental Security Income, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System and Arizona Non-Medical, Home and Community Based Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Casa Grande
Casa Grande and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Casa Grande, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Casa Grande
Casa Grande-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Casa Grande, AZ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Casa Grande
Review of The Garnet of Casa Grande
My parents have acquired a room at The Garnet of Casa Grande, but they're not living there yet. I like it. It was upkept and easy access to everything. The staff was very knowledgeable, helpful, an... Read more
Review of Caliche Senior Living
Caliche Senior Living is fairly new, so it's really beautiful, and the location is very convenient for me. Everyone there is pretty attentive to my grandmother and they help her out with everything... Read more
Review of Cactus Peaks Assisted Living
I enjoy being here at Cactus Peaks. I have no complaints at all. They treat me just like I'm one of the family and I'm 95 years old, so I don't do much in the outside world. I'm just happy to be he... Read more