6 Assisted Living Facilities near San Tan Valley, AZ
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the San Tan Valley area, with 3 in San Tan Valley and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in San Tan Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in San Tan Valley 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in San Tan Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in San Tan Valley, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in San Tan Valley
San Tan Valley is nestled in the low desert foothills of the San Tan Mountains in south-central Arizona. The area’s 4,118 seniors can spend their days relaxing at San Tan Mountain Regional Park viewing wildlife exhibits, a tortoise habitat or just strolling through the walking trails.
As some area seniors may be thinking about transitioning into assisted living, they'll be reassured to learn there are three facilities within the city proper to accommodate them. There are also an additional three facilities in the nearby locale of Queen Creek. In San Tan Valley and all throughout Arizona, these facilities are licensed by the Division of Public Health Licensing Services, Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in San Tan Valley
- San Tan Valley’s cost of living of 108.5, is lower than the state average of 112.4, but higher than the national average of 100. Seniors can also expect to pay more for groceries and healthcare than they would in other parts of the state or nation. Seniors who require frequent medical appointments might want to keep this in mind.
- Arizona does not tax Social Security benefits, and partially taxes both pensions and retirement savings account income. These tax laws could make assisted living in San Tan Valley more affordable for area seniors.
- The San Tan Valley area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Dignity Health Arizona General Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- At 16.9, San Tan Valley’s violent crime rate is lower than the national average of 22.7, which may help area seniors feel safer when venturing into the city for errands or appointments. The city’s property crime rate is 42.3, almost 10 points higher than the U.S. average of 35.4, so seniors may want to ensure that any prospective facilities are equipped with security alarms and cameras.
- The air quality in San Tan Valley is 11 points higher than the national average of 58, which might give area seniors a sigh of relief knowing that their health conditions will not be worsened by the outdoor air.
- The sun shines for 292 days each year in San Tan Valley, 87 more days than the national average, making the area ideal for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in San Tan Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in San Tan Valley start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in San Tan Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in San Tan Valley
Arizona has a Medicaid program that may help San Tan Valley seniors with their assisted living expenses. The Arizona Long Term Care System covers personal care; however, it does not cover room and board expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in San Tan Valley
San Tan Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in San Tan Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in San Tan Valley
San Tan Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near San Tan Valley, AZ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in San Tan Valley
Review of San Tan Valley Assisted Living
San Tan Valley Assisted Living is excellent. It is a beautiful home. There are only four people living there, and they take care of them. I would definitely recommend it, and I would also recommend... Read more