1 Assisted Living Facility in Marana, AZ
The average cost of assisted living in Marana is $4,200 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Oro Valley with an average starting cost of $3,070.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Marana. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Marana 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Oro Valley with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Marana, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marana
Marana is a town in Pima County, which is situated in the southern region of Arizona. It's home to nearly 45,000 people, almost 19 percent of which are 65 and over. To support its sizable senior population, the town has one assisted living facility, and those looking for more options will find another 16 facilities in the surrounding region.
In Marana, and the rest of Arizona, assisted living facilities include adult foster care, which provides care for up to four people in the caregiver's home; assisted living homes, which provide care for up to 10 people; and assisted living centers, which are licensed to provide care for 11 or more people. All facilities are licensed by the Division of Public Health Licensing Services, Bureau of Residential Facilities Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marana
- While the cost of living in Marana is about 12 percent higher than the national average, this is primarily due to the high cost of housing. Health care costs are roughly 16 percent lower than the national average, which may let seniors put more money toward assisted living expenses.
- Marana receives 282 sunny days and just 11 inches of rain annually. Summer temperatures reach into the low-100s, and January lows are near 40 degrees Fahrenheit. The city's dry climate may be beneficial for seniors with arthritis or asthma.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest, Marana's rate of violent crime is 23.6, which is several points lower than the national average, and its rate of property crime is 44.9, which is a bit higher than the national average. While most assisted living communities have security systems to keep residents safe, seniors may want to keep their vehicles locked and take extra care with their belongings when they're out in the community.
- Marana seniors do not pay taxes on their Social Security benefits, but other forms of retirement income are taxed. This may affect how much money they can put in their assisted living budget.
- Marana's air quality is fair, as the county received a C for ozone pollution and an A for short-term particle pollution from the American Lung Association. This may be beneficial for seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular conditions.
- The Marana area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Marana Main Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marana
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Marana start around $4,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marana and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marana
There are three programs that can help low-income seniors in Marana pay for assisted living, including Arizona Non-Medical, Home and Community Based Services, Supplemental Security Income and Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System, which is Arizona's Medicaid program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marana
Marana and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Marana, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marana
Marana-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Marana
Review of BeeHive Homes of Marana
Beehive Homes was small, the people there truly needed a lot of assistance, and it was not a fit for my friend. The staff member who took me around was very helpful, very thorough, and answered all... Read more