The Country Club of La Cholla

Reviews of The Country Club of La Cholla

Assisted Living Reviews for The Country Club of La Cholla

September 22, 2017

By Cathy1221970

My parents just moved here and it has transformed their lives. They were struggling in their own home however they did not want to move. They have realized that it is wonderful to have food made for them. And they love the food! My mother is a picky eater and she is gaining weight and loving the food. They have not been social for years and they are making friends and loving the ability to connect with people again. They love the events, like the concerts and the happy hours. They have realized that they needed help, but now that they don't have to clean a house and cook, they have truly regained their independence. It has been so wonderful to see. I can not say enough about this place and how it has made my parents so happy.

March 13, 2016

By Vicki121991150

The Country Club of La Cholla was a wonderful facility. I would definitely choose it if my dad needs an assisted living facility. The whole facility was very clean. The staff was very accommodating. They have a buffet breakfast and a menu with a wide variety to choose from for lunch and dinner, sort of like a cafe. It was very nice. They have what they call the Cadillac; if you would like to play golf or go to church, the mall or a grocery store, they provide rides pretty much anywhere you want to go. On site, there's a game room and puzzle room.

Independent Living Reviews for The Country Club of La Cholla

February 10, 2020

By Fay

I didn't like The Country Club of La Cholla. The only thing good about it was the staff. The rooms were okay, the place is old, it's not well-cared for, the furniture is old, it's worn-out, and kind of depressing. The casitas were horrible. The staff was fine, and she did a good job.

Hello Faye – Thank you for recently sharing your visit experience about the Country Club of La Cholla. We pride ourselves on our high service and attention to detail. I am sorry the visit did not meet your expectations. I would welcome the opportunity to meet your personally and enjoy a five star dinner prepared by our chef. Additionally, this would give us the opportunity to hear more about your concerns. Please contact me by telephone or email. Thank you. Joe Brown, Executive Director.

June 28, 2017

By Bill C

I've been here since April and since CJ and John came on board the food has improved greatly! I love the convince of everything. I'm able to eat when I want and the kitchen and dining room is beautiful. The location of my apartment allows me to use my back door to come in front  my car. My dog loves all the friendly people and attention. Felipe the maintenance man has been super with helping me get settled. Since coming here I've made so many friends and everything has been very enjoyable.

We are so pleased to hear you're settling in and enjoying all the conveniences of our community. At MBK Senior Living, one of our commitments to our residents and their families is to strive for continuous improvement. So, we're thrilled to hear you feel the menu has improved and that you are thoroughly enjoying our dining program. Thank you for sharing your experience and for making Country Club of La Cholla home!

April 10, 2017

By Sherry636124

The Country Club of La Cholla was a great facility. The grounds were beautiful. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. It's a very safe community for your loved one, and I highly recommend it.

Thank you so much for your kind words about The Country Club of La Cholla. We're pleased to hear about your experience while touring the community. We appreciate that you found the grounds beautiful, staff friendly and had a sense of how safe the community is for you or your loved one. Thank you for the recommendation.

March 27, 2017

By A happy visitor610175

The Country Club of La Chola was very nice, and the residents seemed very happy. They had an exercise room, a crafts room, and a library. They had a pool and some outdoor area.

Thank you so much for your kind words about our Country Club of La Cholla community. We’re so pleased to hear you had such a positive experience while touring. As part of our company purpose, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. Should you have any additional questions as you explore your options, please don't hesitate to contact us.

July 28, 2015

By Lynn110479750

The Country Club of La Cholla is very good, the staff is wonderful, and they are very patient with the older people and courteous. I like all the staff. The apartments are quite large, most spacious in all the ones I looked at in Tucson. I had not had one food that I didn’t like. Everything is good; there are about six or eight things to choose from at every meal. They play bingo, there is happy hour twice a week, usually once a week that includes live entertainment, they play cards, billiards, and Wii bowling, they have outing schedule, some of them are like fun outing, they go to theater, they go out to various restaurants, they go to outdoor activities adn concerts in the parks, they go to three or four grocery stores, and there’s exercise classes, yoga classes, a gym, and water aerobics.

July 12, 2015

By Thrilled Daughter!

My parents could not have chosen a nicer home in 2010. The grounds & interior are lovely. The staff is exceptional, going out of their way to be gracious & helpful. The food is quite varied-lots of choices...just like a restaurant! Every week there is a new schedule of events. Transportation is provided for shopping, appointments & special trips; lots to do in house too, games, cards, pool, lounge, workout room, library, etc.! Our family lost my Mum a years ago & the staff have been a wonderful "extended family" for my Dad.

June 23, 2015

By SanDiego couple 85

My husband and I visited this great senior facility and yes it looks like a country club, WE live in San Diego and we are thinking of moving to Tucson due the high taxes in SD. The lunch was delicious, we liked the dining room atmosphere, a great library.The casitas are good size and the apts also . it is a nice environment , clean , light, friendly lots of things to do on the property. This is a great place and we are seriously looking at it . We are both very active and in our 80. We really enjoyed the tour. Serious thinking has to be done !

November 28, 2014

By Robin39

I was able to visit The Country Club of La Cholla, and this is the place that I would put my mom if we had the money. This is my number one choice. Their units are bigger, and I think it is in a much nicer area.

Questions about The Country Club of La Cholla

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Country Club of La Cholla. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Assisted Living at The Country Club of La Cholla tends to be very high occupancy since we are one, if not the only AL community in Tucson with true 1 bedroom apartments (have 2 bed/2 bath as well). The Country club of La Cholla was 100% independent living before converting one IL wing to AL. Average age is late 80’s early 90’s. They enjoy social hours, singalongs, dining, creative writing, scenic drives, and parties

What programs or activities does The Country Club of La Cholla offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a wide variety of physical, social and intellectual activities to enrich the mind, body and spirit of our residents.

What places are near The Country Club of La Cholla or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are only a couple of miles away from the Northwest medical plaza, shopping mall, dining and grocery stores.

What transportation services does The Country Club of La Cholla offer to assisted living residents?

We have two handicap accessible buses and a Cadillac that offers complimentary transportation anywhere within a 10 mile radius and scheduled outings to shopping trips and events off site.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Country Club of La Cholla exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have three dining rooms that offer restaurant style dining with ample choices for healthy heart and lifestyle.

What safety features or security measures does The Country Club of La Cholla offer to assisted living residents?

We’re staffed 24/7 and provide a nightly lock-up at 9 pm of all exterior doors. We’re a gated community with cameras at all of the main entrances, and AL Residents receive emergency call pendants.

How does The Country Club of La Cholla keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We use the HeartLegacy program that will keep family members informed with photos and videos of their loved one enjoying an activity. We also keep track of “responsible parties” to alert them of any changes that could effect their loved ones.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Country Club of La Cholla during daytime and nighttime hours?

We provide person-center care through comprehensive service plans, and staff as needed to assist residents with their Activities of Daily Living to keep them safe and vibrant.

If The Country Club of La Cholla accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community with an onsite dog park. Each first floor unit also has a patio with a little yard space for their pet.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have State-specific training for Caregivers and Med Techs, as well as ongoing community trainings.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Country Club of La Cholla. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Mid to late 80’s. We have bingo, happy hour, exercise classes, outings, shopping trips and more.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are close to the Foothills mall, a 30 minute drive from the casino, close to restaurants and other shopping areas.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Country Club of La Cholla has organized?

Casino, Music under the stars, gaslight theater, Trips to Mount Lemmon, Dinner and Breakfast outings, Church outings, Trips downtown, Trips to Tubac and Bisbee

What transportation services does The Country Club of La Cholla offer to independent living residents?

Two buses and a Cadillac that offers transportation anywhere within a 10 mile radius. Trips to scheduled doctors appointments is included in the cost.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a bistro, ballroom, game room, billiards room, club lounge, library, activity room, heated pool, beauty and barber salon, chapel, fitness room.

What safety features or security measures does The Country Club of La Cholla offer to independent living residents?

We’re staffed 24/7 and provide a nightly lock-up at 9 pm. We’re a gated community with cameras at all of the main entrances.

Does The Country Club of La Cholla work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We can provide a list of vetted Home Health and Medical Health Agencies.

What safety features or security measures does The Country Club of La Cholla provide to protect residents who wander?

Redirection, or private companion care. We are not a lock down memory care assisted living, so we can not handle residents that are an elopement risk.

Costs for The Country Club of La Cholla

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool

• State Licenses: AL 11009C

About The Country Club of La Cholla

Tucked into La Cholla Hills, minutes from the desert splendor of Catalina State Park, The Country Club of La Cholla provides the ultimate experience in Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our pet-friendly community offers a resort lifestyle, with chef-prepared cuisine and inspiring amenities in a gorgeous environment that buzzes with energy and warmth. Convenient to Northwest Medical Center and close to shopping at The Foothills Mall, this is senior living at its finest.

The Country Club of La Cholla offers:

• Choice of one and two bedroom apartments and Casitas (condos)
  • All-inclusive, restaurant-style dining