The Country Club of La Cholla

Reviews of The Country Club of La Cholla

Assisted Living Reviews for The Country Club of La Cholla

November 22, 2016

By Everett037325

I visited The Country Club. They had an excellent rec room. Most of the people I saw at that time were out of their rooms either playing cards or games. Their meal schedule was good. It had just been remodeled so it was nice. The room sizes were good. It included washer and dryer on each floor. It was less expensive, but it was a nice place.
Thank you for sharing your experience after visiting The Country Club of La Cholla. We’re so pleased to hear you found it to be accommodating, active and inviting. As part of our company purpose, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve.

November 01, 2016

My experience at The Country Club of La Cholla was good. Their apartments are nice and comfortable. The good thing about it is you get 2 meals a day there, and they have programs. The price is a little bit higher and a little bit more expensive, but they made up for it with amenities.

August 23, 2016

By Stephanie562417

The Country Club of La Cholla was really nice, but it was too expensive. It was very friendly. The people looked very happy. The community looked well taken care of. The apartments were beautiful. The dining area was nice.

March 13, 2016

By Vicki121991150

The Country Club of La Cholla was a wonderful facility. I would definitely choose it if my dad needs an assisted living facility. The whole facility was very clean. The staff was very accommodating. They have a buffet breakfast and a menu with a wide variety to choose from for lunch and dinner, sort of like a cafe. It was very nice. They have what they call the Cadillac; if you would like to play golf or go to church, the mall or a grocery store, they provide rides pretty much anywhere you want to go. On site, there's a game room and puzzle room.

Independent Living Reviews for The Country Club of La Cholla

June 28, 2017

By Bill C

I've been here since April and since CJ and John came on board the food has improved greatly! I love the convince of everything. I'm able to eat when I want and the kitchen and dining room is beautiful. The location of my apartment allows me to use my back door to come in front  my car. My dog loves all the friendly people and attention. Felipe the maintenance man has been super with helping me get settled. Since coming here I've made so many friends and everything has been very enjoyable.
We are so pleased to hear you're settling in and enjoying all the conveniences of our community. At MBK Senior Living, one of our commitments to our residents and their families is to strive for continuous improvement. So, we're thrilled to hear you feel the menu has improved and that you are thoroughly enjoying our dining program. Thank you for sharing your experience and for making Country Club of La Cholla home!

May 06, 2017

By Dianna878234

I really liked the Country Club, it looked like it was very well run, and it was really clean. The people who lived there really seemed that they interacted and did things together. It felt more like a community They had a lot of activities, a lot of open grounds, and a lot of great transportation opportunities available to the residents. The restaurant-style dining room looked pretty amazing, and they had a breakfast bar that was available all day.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and kind words about our Country Club of La Cholla. We appreciate hearing that it felt like a community with lots of interaction and activities, and that you found our dining room to be amazing. As part of our company purpose, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you. Thank you again for your kind words.

April 10, 2017

By Sherry636124

The Country Club of La Cholla was a great facility. The grounds were beautiful. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. It's a very safe community for your loved one, and I highly recommend it.
Thank you so much for your kind words about The Country Club of La Cholla. We're pleased to hear about your experience while touring the community. We appreciate that you found the grounds beautiful, staff friendly and had a sense of how safe the community is for you or your loved one. Thank you for the recommendation.

March 27, 2017

By A happy visitor610175

The Country Club of La Chola was very nice, and the residents seemed very happy. They had an exercise room, a crafts room, and a library. They had a pool and some outdoor area.
Thank you so much for your kind words about our Country Club of La Cholla community. We’re so pleased to hear you had such a positive experience while touring. As part of our company purpose, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. Should you have any additional questions as you explore your options, please don't hesitate to contact us.

December 02, 2016

By Arsee

The Casitas are like a 1 or 2 bedroom home. High ceilings, 1 or 2 full baths. Carport next to entrance. Large back yard with trees. It would be a wonderful place to retire, if the dining experience was greatly improved.
As two of our core principles, we embrace open communications and continuous improvement. We appreciate your feedback and suggestion on where we can improve.

August 27, 2016

By jackross

Thanks so very much for taking the time to show me your wonderful place.Joan was a wonderful host..

December 25, 2015

By Sam32

I went to two places, and one of them was The Country Club of La Cholla. We are on their waiting list right now. They don’t have any vacancies, and the place is old. The place is 22 years old and pretty outdated, but they are updating it now.

November 08, 2015

The Country Club worked out well. It was nice and have good facilities. They give you your own parking spot right next to your room. It was clean, and the staff was very nice. I like the rooms; they looked very neat.

August 07, 2015

By jolja

Just want to say how good you have been with my neighbor R. Fernandez. You took him in on very short notice for a temporary and possibly long term stay.. The staff have been most helpful and accommodating in difficult circumstances. Everyone has been terrific. One went above and beyond her duties to prevent a diabetic crisis. The residents were very friendly and welcoming making a point of welcoming us and chatting. Thank you. Jane Lutz

July 28, 2015

By Lynn110479750

The Country Club of La Cholla is very good, the staff is wonderful, and they are very patient with the older people and courteous. I like all the staff. The apartments are quite large, most spacious in all the ones I looked at in Tucson. I had not had one food that I didn’t like. Everything is good; there are about six or eight things to choose from at every meal. They play bingo, there is happy hour twice a week, usually once a week that includes live entertainment, they play cards, billiards, and Wii bowling, they have outing schedule, some of them are like fun outing, they go to theater, they go out to various restaurants, they go to outdoor activities adn concerts in the parks, they go to three or four grocery stores, and there’s exercise classes, yoga classes, a gym, and water aerobics.

July 12, 2015

By Thrilled Daughter!

My parents could not have chosen a nicer home in 2010. The grounds & interior are lovely. The staff is exceptional, going out of their way to be gracious & helpful. The food is quite varied-lots of choices...just like a restaurant! Every week there is a new schedule of events. Transportation is provided for shopping, appointments & special trips; lots to do in house too, games, cards, pool, lounge, workout room, library, etc.! Our family lost my Mum a years ago & the staff have been a wonderful "extended family" for my Dad.

June 23, 2015

By SanDiego couple 85

My husband and I visited this great senior facility and yes it looks like a country club, WE live in San Diego and we are thinking of moving to Tucson due the high taxes in SD. The lunch was delicious, we liked the dining room atmosphere, a great library.The casitas are good size and the apts also . it is a nice environment , clean , light, friendly lots of things to do on the property. This is a great place and we are seriously looking at it . We are both very active and in our 80. We really enjoyed the tour. Serious thinking has to be done !

February 02, 2015

My parents have already moved into the Country Club of La Cholla. We chose it because of their activities and location, the staff was very pleasant, and the food was good. They have all kinds of card games, sparkle (my mom set up the sparkle thing), bingo, euchre, canasta, and pool. They have a library club, they'd be live dancing, they'd go out to the different stores like Walmart and Safeway Iverson, and they also do community trips. Their grounds are well-kept, there is a swimming pool, and there are some trees and grass. The staff is all very positive as were 95 percent of all the people that live there. They are all very positive about this community.

November 28, 2014

By Robin39

I was able to visit The Country Club of La Cholla, and this is the place that I would put my mom if we had the money. This is my number one choice. Their units are bigger, and I think it is in a much nicer area.

Costs for The Country Club of La Cholla

• Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Piano Lounge, Ballroom, Chapel

• Activities Extra: Computer Class, Pool Aerobics

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Guidance Extra: New Choice Waiver Not Accepted Medicaid Not Accepted

About The Country Club of La Cholla

The Country Club of La Cholla in Tucson, AZ will open its Assisted Living neighborhood in early 2016.

Located just north of Tucson in the classic resort style setting of the Catalina foothills, The Country Club of La Cholla is a full service senior living community that provides today’s seniors an active, engaged lifestyle within a warm, friendly community setting. The Country Club of La Cholla is located near the Tucson National Golf Course, Foothills Mall and Northwest Medical Center, shops, restaurants and entertainment venues as well as a variety of other services.

Tucson retirement living at The Country Club of La Cholla is as active and carefree as you desire. You can choose from a variety of social and educational opportunities while enjoying our service enriched lifestyle all year round or we offer Snowbird Stays in Tucson for seniors looking for a warm sunny climate during the winter months. Our team of dedicated associates is committed to enhancing your life and providing a warm, friendly environment with the finest services and amenities; and the most attentive support, everything to enrich your life and make you feel at home.

Map of The Country Club of La Cholla