The Country Club of La Cholla

Reviews of The Country Club of La Cholla

Assisted Living Reviews for The Country Club of La Cholla

April 15, 2017

By Kim R.

My parents-in-law have lived in the Independent Living section at Country Club of La Cholla for 21/2 years and love it. We were looking at the Assisted Living section because it is time to consider this option for them. We LOVE the apartment size in the Assisted Living section. We were afraid they would have to give up the spacious apartment they now have for one that is half the size but at Country Club La Cholla that is not the case. The apartments are much bigger than ANY of the other Assisted Living facilities in the area for the same monthly rate. The care and amenities are comparable to all of the other facilities we visited with the exception of the meals which are MUCH better than at the other places. The type and variety of food is first rate at Country Club La Cholla and of course included in the monthly rent. Pop in at any of the other Independent or Assisted Living facilities at meal time and see what they are serving. You will agree that Country Club La Cholla is far better than the other places. The Assisted Living section has a state license that does not allow directed nursing care which was disappointing to us but for entry level assisted living this is the place to be. You will have independence with 3 meals a day, round the clock nurse response coverage plus other great amenities.

As one of our core principles, we embrace open communications. Thank you for yours! We appreciate hearing that our dedicated associates at Country Club of LaCholla have provided your parents-in-law with such a wonderful experience. Thank you also for your kind words about our dining program, spacious residences, amenities and caring staff. We truly are happy to be of service to you all. Stop by any time, we're glad to have you.

November 22, 2016

By Everett037325

I visited The Country Club. They had an excellent rec room. Most of the people I saw at that time were out of their rooms either playing cards or games. Their meal schedule was good. It had just been remodeled so it was nice. The room sizes were good. It included washer and dryer on each floor. It was less expensive, but it was a nice place.

Thank you for sharing your experience after visiting The Country Club of La Cholla. We’re so pleased to hear you found it to be accommodating, active and inviting. As part of our company purpose, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve.

November 01, 2016

My experience at The Country Club of La Cholla was good. Their apartments are nice and comfortable. The good thing about it is you get 2 meals a day there, and they have programs. The price is a little bit higher and a little bit more expensive, but they made up for it with amenities.

August 23, 2016

By Stephanie562417

The Country Club of La Cholla was really nice, but it was too expensive. It was very friendly. The people looked very happy. The community looked well taken care of. The apartments were beautiful. The dining area was nice.

March 13, 2016

By Vicki121991150

The Country Club of La Cholla was a wonderful facility. I would definitely choose it if my dad needs an assisted living facility. The whole facility was very clean. The staff was very accommodating. They have a buffet breakfast and a menu with a wide variety to choose from for lunch and dinner, sort of like a cafe. It was very nice. They have what they call the Cadillac; if you would like to play golf or go to church, the mall or a grocery store, they provide rides pretty much anywhere you want to go. On site, there's a game room and puzzle room.

Independent Living Reviews for The Country Club of La Cholla

December 02, 2016

By Arsee

The Casitas are like a 1 or 2 bedroom home. High ceilings, 1 or 2 full baths. Carport next to entrance. Large back yard with trees. It would be a wonderful place to retire, if the dining experience was greatly improved.

As two of our core principles, we embrace open communications and continuous improvement. We appreciate your feedback and suggestion on where we can improve.

August 27, 2016

By jackross

Thanks so very much for taking the time to show me your wonderful place.Joan was a wonderful host..

December 25, 2015

By Sam32

I went to two places, and one of them was The Country Club of La Cholla. We are on their waiting list right now. They don’t have any vacancies, and the place is old. The place is 22 years old and pretty outdated, but they are updating it now.

November 08, 2015

The Country Club worked out well. It was nice and have good facilities. They give you your own parking spot right next to your room. It was clean, and the staff was very nice. I like the rooms; they looked very neat.

August 07, 2015

By jolja

Just want to say how good you have been with my neighbor R. Fernandez. You took him in on very short notice for a temporary and possibly long term stay.. The staff have been most helpful and accommodating in difficult circumstances. Everyone has been terrific. One went above and beyond her duties to prevent a diabetic crisis. The residents were very friendly and welcoming making a point of welcoming us and chatting. Thank you. Jane Lutz

July 28, 2015

By Lynn110479750

The Country Club of La Cholla is very good, the staff is wonderful, and they are very patient with the older people and courteous. I like all the staff. The apartments are quite large, most spacious in all the ones I looked at in Tucson. I had not had one food that I didn’t like. Everything is good; there are about six or eight things to choose from at every meal. They play bingo, there is happy hour twice a week, usually once a week that includes live entertainment, they play cards, billiards, and Wii bowling, they have outing schedule, some of them are like fun outing, they go to theater, they go out to various restaurants, they go to outdoor activities adn concerts in the parks, they go to three or four grocery stores, and there’s exercise classes, yoga classes, a gym, and water aerobics.

July 12, 2015

By Thrilled Daughter!

My parents could not have chosen a nicer home in 2010. The grounds & interior are lovely. The staff is exceptional, going out of their way to be gracious & helpful. The food is quite varied-lots of choices...just like a restaurant! Every week there is a new schedule of events. Transportation is provided for shopping, appointments & special trips; lots to do in house too, games, cards, pool, lounge, workout room, library, etc.! Our family lost my Mum a years ago & the staff have been a wonderful "extended family" for my Dad.

June 23, 2015

By SanDiego couple 85

My husband and I visited this great senior facility and yes it looks like a country club, WE live in San Diego and we are thinking of moving to Tucson due the high taxes in SD. The lunch was delicious, we liked the dining room atmosphere, a great library.The casitas are good size and the apts also . it is a nice environment , clean , light, friendly lots of things to do on the property. This is a great place and we are seriously looking at it . We are both very active and in our 80. We really enjoyed the tour. Serious thinking has to be done !

February 02, 2015

My parents have already moved into the Country Club of La Cholla. We chose it because of their activities and location, the staff was very pleasant, and the food was good. They have all kinds of card games, sparkle (my mom set up the sparkle thing), bingo, euchre, canasta, and pool. They have a library club, they'd be live dancing, they'd go out to the different stores like Walmart and Safeway Iverson, and they also do community trips. Their grounds are well-kept, there is a swimming pool, and there are some trees and grass. The staff is all very positive as were 95 percent of all the people that live there. They are all very positive about this community.

November 28, 2014

By Robin39

I was able to visit The Country Club of La Cholla, and this is the place that I would put my mom if we had the money. This is my number one choice. Their units are bigger, and I think it is in a much nicer area.

Questions about The Country Club of La Cholla

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Country Club of La Cholla. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Assisted Living at The Country Club of La Cholla tends to be very high occupancy since we are one, if not the only AL community in Tucson with true 1 bedroom apartments (have 2 bed/2 bath as well). The Country club of La Cholla was 100% independent living before converting one IL wing to AL. Average age is late 80’s early 90’s. They enjoy social hours, singalongs, dining, creative writing, scenic drives, and parties

What programs or activities does The Country Club of La Cholla offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a wide variety of physical, social and intellectual activities to enrich the mind, body and spirit of our residents.

What places are near The Country Club of La Cholla or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are only a couple of miles away from the Northwest medical plaza, shopping mall, dining and grocery stores.

What transportation services does The Country Club of La Cholla offer to assisted living residents?

We have two handicap accessible buses and a Cadillac that offers complimentary transportation anywhere within a 10 mile radius and scheduled outings to shopping trips and events off site.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Country Club of La Cholla exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have three dining rooms that offer restaurant style dining with ample choices for healthy heart, and gluten free options.

What safety features or security measures does The Country Club of La Cholla offer to assisted living residents?

We’re staffed 24/7 and provide a nightly lock-up at 9 pm of all exterior doors. We’re a gated community with cameras at all of the main entrances, and AL Residents receive emergency call pendants.

How does The Country Club of La Cholla keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have a program called Voice Friend that will alert residents and family members via phone or text message on upcoming events. We also keep track of “responsible parties” to alert them of any changes that could effect their loved ones.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Country Club of La Cholla during daytime and nighttime hours?

We provide person-center care through comprehensive service plans, and staff as needed to assist residents with their Activities of Daily Living to keep them safe and vibrant.

If The Country Club of La Cholla accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community with an onsite dog park. Each first floor unit also has a patio with a little yard space for their pet.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have State-specific training for Caregivers and Med Techs, as well as

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Country Club of La Cholla. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Mid to late 80’s. We have bingo, happy hour, exercise classes, outings, shopping trips and more.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are close to the Foothills mall, a 30 minute drive from the casino, close to restaurants and other shopping areas.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Country Club of La Cholla has organized?

Casino, Music under the stars, gaslight theater, Trips to Mount Lemmon, Dinner and Breakfast outings, Church outings, Trips downtown, Trips to Tubac and Bisbee

What transportation services does The Country Club of La Cholla offer to independent living residents?

Two buses and a Cadillac that offers transportation anywhere within a 10 mile radius. Trips to scheduled doctors appointments is included in the cost.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Country Club of La Cholla exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We have three dining rooms that offer restaurant-style dining with ample choices and gluten-free options.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a bistro, ballroom, game room, billiards room, club lounge, library, activity room, beauty and barber salon, chapel, fitness room.

What safety features or security measures does The Country Club of La Cholla offer to independent living residents?

We’re staffed 24/7 and provide a nightly lock-up at 9 pm. We’re a gated community with cameras at all of the main entrances.

Does The Country Club of La Cholla work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We can provide a list of vetted Home Health and Medical Health Agencies.

What safety features or security measures does The Country Club of La Cholla provide to protect residents who wander?

Redirection, or private companion care. We are not a lock down memory care assisted living, so we can not handle residents that are an elopement risk.

Costs for The Country Club of La Cholla

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool

• State Licenses: AL 11009C

About The Country Club of La Cholla

Tucked into La Cholla Hills, minutes from the desert splendor of Catalina State Park, The Country Club of La Cholla provides the ultimate experience in Independent Living and Assisted Living. Our pet-friendly community offers a resort lifestyle, with chef-prepared cuisine and inspiring amenities in a gorgeous environment that buzzes with energy and warmth. Convenient to Northwest Medical Center and close to shopping at The Foothills Mall, this is senior living at its finest.

The Country Club of La Cholla offers:

• Choice of one and two bedroom apartments and Casitas (condos)
  • All-inclusive, restaurant-style dining