10 Assisted Living Facilities near Sahuarita, AZ
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sahuarita area, with 6 in Sahuarita and 4 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sahuarita is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 35 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sahuarita. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sahuarita 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Green Valley with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sahuarita, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Sahuarita, AZ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sahuarita
Sahuarita, Arizona is one of the fastest-growing rural towns in America. It is set in the Santa Cruz Valley and is home to some unique attractions, including the Green Valley Pecan Company, which boasts the world's largest pecan orchard and hosts the Sahuarita Pecan Festival every November and the Titan Missile Museum, a National Historic Landmark.
Seniors in Sahuarita have seven assisted living facilities, in addition to 11 other communities in the surrounding area from which to choose. Arizona assisted living facilities are governed by the Arizona Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sahuarita
- Senior citizens in Sahuarita may have extra money to seek higher quality AL care because Social Security checks are not taxed in Arizona.
- At 21.3 for violent crime and 23.7 for property crime, Sahuarita boasts a crime rate that is significantly below the national average. This may bring peace of mind to seniors and their families.
- Sahuarita is a high-desert climate that is hot in the summer and mild in the winter. This is ideal for seniors who cannot tolerate the cold.
- Compared to the majority of cities in Arizona, Sahuarita in Pima County receives a decent grade from the American Lung Association. An ozone grade of C and a Particle Pollution 24-hour grade of A means seniors with respiratory illnesses might fare better here than in the Phoenix-Metro area.
- There are limited public transportation services in Sahuarita and neighboring Green Valley, but the city provides a local transit called the Sun Shuttle. The bus has lifts for easy access, and seniors can make use of the Dial-A-Ride program in certain areas.
- Sahuarita has no/few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Green Valley, AZ.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sahuarita
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Sahuarita start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sahuarita and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sahuarita
Eligible seniors who are in need of financial aid can apply to the Medicaid division Arizona Long Term Care Services (ALTCS), Agency With Choice (AWC) / Community First Choice Option (CFC) or Self-Directed Attendant Care (SDAC) to see if they qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sahuarita
Sahuarita and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sahuarita, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sahuarita
Sahuarita-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sahuarita
Review of Family Loving Kare S3
I've used FLK twice to help with my brother, once while he went through rehab and 3 years later for hospice. Both times he received just what the name says "family-like loving kare," and our famil... Read more
Review of Family Loving Kare S3
I was very impressed with Family Loving Kare S3. I would have gone with them for my husband. They did not know I was coming. When I got there they hadn't been expecting me, but they recovered quite... Read more
Review of Family Loving Kare Green Valley
My friend was a resident of Family Loving Kare. Its run very much like a house that you would live in with a family member. There were 8 to 10 residents per house, it's a family-owned place. The st... Read more