Brookdale North Tucson

Reviews of Brookdale North Tucson

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale North Tucson

May 10, 2016

By A Happy VisitorXJPYN

We chose Brookdale because we wanted to be as close to the mountains as we could get, and they had an opening when most of them did not. The place is beautiful. The staff and the people are wonderful. We’re happy with everything.

February 10, 2016

By Clark4

Mom’s room at Brookdale North Tucson is really small. It had a tiny kitchenette with a small refrigerator. It had a small bedroom with a small window that overlooked the inner courtyard.

December 29, 2015

By LS2

Brookdale North Tucson is very cheerful, clean, and well decorated. The rooms are large and have walk-in closets. My mom is in a pretty spacious private room. The residents have two food choices as meal options. My mom doesn’t like it, and I think the portions are small; however I think it’s good for my mom because she’s overweight. The food is adequate, and I think it’s a blessing in disguise for my mom. They have three meals a day and snacks, too. The dining room is not fancy nor glamorous, but I heard they’re in the process of remodelling. My mom does not participate in activities. She’s pretty immobile, but they do have a lot for the residents. They have a huge calendar on the wall with all of the things they do. They go out to lunch once a month and go shopping, too. They also have a beauty salon for hair and nails. I think the community has a good setup. With my mom’s other facilities, they all had a call button that they wear like a bracelet or necklace. They don’t have that; it’s the one drawback. They have pull strings, like in the hospital, in the bathroom and one in the living quarter’s area. They need to get more modern with that.

August 16, 2015

By Mrshullt

Worst place I have ever been to.everyone there seems stressed due to being short staffed all the managers are in there offices. All we really liked was the food. it was excellent. But bottom line it seemed like the whole time we were there they were trying to hide things and they had no care staff. P.S the Ed did emit they were short staffed and we're going through a rough patch not very professional on his half if you tell me.

July 28, 2015

By Lynn110479750

The apartments were very nice at Brookdale North, I think they had been redecorated because I had been there 10 years ago and gone back there for a couples of months now. I did not have lunch, but I had some samples of food there, and the food seems quite good. Everything was nice and clean except that I kind of eliminated that one because I thought the people there were much sicker than my mother was. I talk to a couple of residents there, and they seemed very happy, but everybody that I saw there probably needs some kind of assistance. There was somebody playing the piano and doing some music. It was lunch time, and a lot of them were eating. I did sample a little bit of food there, and everything seemed very good. There was an ice cream parlor, a couple of rooms with television, and movies. I like that it was all in one level and that it was smaller. There was nothing wrong with it; it just wasn’t a good fit for my mom.

May 11, 2015

By marlen

Everthing was great.. food was excellent and care as well everyone was friendly and looked like they knew what they were doing.Building was clean and smelled good.i would highly recommend tthis place.

January 03, 2015

It is clean, friendly, and close to home. We did a walk-through, and all of the residents seemed very happy. The staff is very good, and the food is amazing. They have Christmas parties, sing alongs, and art classes. I would recommend this facility.

April 22, 2014

By Susan82824450

It is a very nice facility. They had everything. It wasn’t too big or too small. My dad service's was great. So far, the level of care is wonderful. The people were nice and well taken care of, and so far so good. I haven’t tasted the food, but my dad says it's great. Their dining area is very nice and very clean, like a restaurant. It has lots of views from the outside.

Questions about Brookdale North Tucson

What programs or activities does Brookdale North Tucson offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We know that every resident has unique dreams and passions that continue to grow throughout life. That is why we work to create a place that goes well beyond physical support-to a socially connected community with opportunities to challenge the mind, lift the spirits, revitalize purpose and nurture the heart. We call this Optimum Life and believe it provides the ultimate in senior health & wellness. And, everyone can live one-regardless of challenges that may come with age. Our award winning, evidence-based programs provide a customized, integrated pallet of opportunities designed to support the pursuit of living well. At its foundation is the ability to maximize functional abilities. Our Brookdale B-Fit exercise program is designed with that as the goal. This cutting edge program encompasses the latest research & guidelines for seniors to provide a fun, holistic and stimulating exercise experience that we customize to accommodate the needs and challenges of each resident’s abilities.

What places are near Brookdale North Tucson or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Beautiful northwest location convenient to shopping, dining and public transportation

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale North Tucson exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A great meal is one of life’s simple pleasures. At Brookdale, we believe dining well is part of living well. You'll enjoy restaurant-style dining with chef-prepared meals in an elegant dining room. Each day features a three course meal with an appetizer, main course and dessert, along with a variety of menu options that changes daily. Brookdale's Culinary Arts Institute is a professional development program designed to enhance the food preparation and presentation skills of our dining and culinary arts team at our senior living facilities. To encourage socialization regardless of our seniors abilities, we support the needs of the residents through the assignment of resident care assistants if needed.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale North Tucson offer to assisted living residents?

We are a secured assisted living and all access doors are alarmed. This means we can take greater measures to keep our residents safe as well as support those with dementia.

How does Brookdale North Tucson keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We hold regularly scheduled care conferences to verify that the resident is receiving the care and services they want and need. Our community leadership team coordinates individualized wellness needs in collaboration with the residents additional care providers.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff is very involved in the day-to-day lives of our residents, with the aim of providing an enriching and caring experience for them. Each member of our staff is always willing to go above and beyond for residents. For our associates, this opportunity to serve others is more than a job — it’s a passion.

Photos of Brookdale North Tucson

Services and Amenities of Brookdale North Tucson

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AL7866C

About Brookdale North Tucson

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Renovation Completed April 1st, 2018, All day dining; Hoyer lifts, 2 person transfers, diabetes management and hospice care available.

Map of Brookdale North Tucson