Cascades of Tucson

Reviews of Cascades of Tucson

Assisted Living Reviews for Cascades of Tucson

February 07, 2017

By Ellen133703

I liked Cascades because it was small and nice. The food was good. The staff was knowledgeable. They had different kinds of exercise programs and allowed pets.

December 03, 2016

By Beverly304314

I preferred Cascades over others because it seemed more personal. The rooms were very clean. We had a pleasant, good lunch there.

March 17, 2016

By SpokaneGrl

Do Not place your family member here! I have a family member their now and I am trying to get him out. The cherry on top of this whole ordeal. He is in assisted living, but they want to charge extra for assisting him in and out of bed temporarily to make sure he doesn't fall due to a recent injury and to walk with him all the way to another building where they feed these people the worst looking food I have ever seen. He can not eat the food half the time he has lost almost three pant sizes since Nov 2015..I would go on and on about this place. I am so upset. However on a good note most of the staff is nice and friendly...oh and some Lawyer owns this facility I wonder if he knows what's going on.

August 12, 2015

By ravenna

This is a modest facility that I visited for my parents who need assisted living. The apartment was very dated and old-fashioned. The residents have to walk outside to another building for meals. I looked at the meals displayed and the salad bar. It was mediocre and reminded me of grade school lunches. This is not the right place for my parents.

October 10, 2014

By Randy14

The Cascades was clean, the rooms were large, and they had a private bath and a refrigerator, and it was staffed adequately. This was the only place that I visited where I felt comfortable putting my wife. It was excellent. The staff was very professional, well-trained. and caring; they treated her with kindness and understanding. I don't think I could have made a better choice. I don't know what their full range of activities was, but for the memory care unit, they had games, people coming in to entertain them, TVs, and all sorts of things. They would play balloon volleyball and things like that. I was very, very happy with the place. They were wonderful.

January 30, 2014

Cascades of Tucson was a very nice facility. It was very attractive. Their little apartments were beautiful and well laid out. Everything was in order. The staff who toured us around was very friendly. Their residents were friendly as well.

October 30, 2013

What I like the place is that each apartment has an outside patio. I looked for that when I was looking for a place initially. I have 2 bedrooms here with a living room and a kitchen. The food could be better though. They put fancy names on food that are not really fancy. They dwell too much on Mexican food. I think that this is something that they can improve on.

April 30, 2013

By Bonnie15

The staff at the Cascades were very friendly. We chose it for my mom because of the proximity to my house. They had an available handicapped accessible apartment which we chose for my mom. The meals were very delicious and tasty.

August 31, 2012

By dancingdell

I had a tough time convincing my friend to give up her home. She has been at Cascades of Tucson for 5 months now and loves it. In fact she is after me to sell her home so she won't have to go back. The care here is exceptional and they make the resident feel very safe as well as keeping them busy with activities.

May 29, 2012

By Bridget1

Upon visiting this assisted living facility, I was told it was a very clean and friendly place. When entering the home we were all welcomed by the staff and felt right at home. Not only is this an assisted living facility but it is also a retirement home atmosphere for the residents who do not need assistance. There are many daily activities for the residents so that they can feel engaged with their fellow resident friends. The dining was spectacular here and I would even eat there every day! They make sure that their residents are fully taken care of with anything they may need. You can't find that at every assisted living facility. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone.

September 26, 2011

By caregiver222

I have worked private duty for several different residents in the Cascades, and the atmosphere there can be described as tranquil and predictable. They offer nice variety on their menus, and the staff is proactive in calling the residents and asking them if they are alright. They allow pets, and encourage their residents to interact. One of the negatives is that their dining room is located in a separate area, accessible by going outside, down a covered walkway. That in itself is not bad, as it encourages the tenants to walk outside, but when it is cold, or rainy, well, you get the picture. They cater primarily to those that can get around by themselves, but they do have some residents that are limited in their mobility. Some of the activities I have seen include a pianist that visits weekly, and they also offer shopping and outings on their bus. The staff is always on their toes, and it would probably be nice if they hired a few more caregivers, just to keep an eye on the residents. Overall, though, the Cascades is a pretty nice place to live for the less-than independent crowd, and is in a good location.

Independent Living Reviews for Cascades of Tucson

September 22, 2014

By Randy14

My initial impression when I visited Cascades was very positive. I felt comfortable that they provided care with kindness and respect Cascades has a good program to keep memory care residents involved and active. It was clean with spacious rooms with private bath available. The staff is well qualified and deliver care with gentleness and understanding. They made my loved one feel welcome from the minute she entered the door. That eased my anxiety and made it easier for her to settle in. I am very happy that I located Cascades and chose it for my loved one.

August 27, 2013

By Don16

I visited Cascades at Tucson and I like that one. It is very nice. What I like especially with this facility is the location. It is close to a big hospital. The apartment homes that they have seemed nice. I like their nice dining room. It was very nice as well. The staff was very helpful. I was impressed with the girl who took me around and she did a very good job. The price was pretty reasonable but it was a little more than what I want to spend.

Questions about Cascades of Tucson

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Cascades of Tucson. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Majority of our residents are on assisted living services. Our average age is 85 - 90 years old. Our residents enjoy live entertainment, playing cards, happy hour, and each others company.

What places are near Cascades of Tucson or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Cascades is right around the corner from lots of shopping plazas and Park Place Mall.

What transportation services does Cascades of Tucson offer to assisted living residents?

Cascades offers scheduled transportation to doctors appointments (within a 5 mile radius), grocery stores and shopping malls, banks, and the library.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cascades of Tucson exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Chef Michael has been with Cascades for 12 years and is a culinary trained chef. He meets with our residents on a regular basis to talk about our menu and what our residents would like to see on the menu and how they like it prepared.

What safety features or security measures does Cascades of Tucson offer to assisted living residents?

All apartments are equipped with an 24 hour emergency pull cord in the bathroom and push button in the bedroom. Certified caregivers are on staff 24 hours a day to provide care and help in case on an emergency. All residents on Assisted Living / Memory Care are checked on every 2-4 hours during the day and every 2 hours at night by a certified caregiver. In addition to the caregivers there is also security personnel overnight who checks on the parking lot and all exit doors throughout the night.

How does Cascades of Tucson keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Monthly newsletter and emails.

If Cascades of Tucson accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Cascades of Tucson has a great accommodations for having a dog. On the first floor apartments come with patios that open up onto an enclosed dog yard.

Costs for Cascades of Tucson

Photos of Cascades of Tucson

Services and Amenities of Cascades of Tucson

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: Lic AL 1362C

About Cascades of Tucson

Cascades of Tucson is a highly recommended senior lifestyle community well known throughout Tucson as the place for seniors to flourish. With affordable living and care options, Cascades balances the needs you may have today with whatever the future may bring. Whether you’re living independently, having licensed and dedicated professionals help with daily tasks, or needing the safety and comfort of memory care, we surround you with comfort, style, social opportunities, fine dining and more.

Active Living:

If you're able to manage the activities of daily living without the need of support, this program is designed to enable you to live independently. You'll enjoy all the community amenities, services, and features, as well as the ability to choose from a variety of apartment home floor plans. Manage your days as you see fit and do as much or as little as you want.

Assisted Living:

Our Assisted Living program is designed to offer the most up-to-date delivery of care focused on health, wellness, and supportive services. It includes ongoing coordination with your physician, medication management, hospice care coordination, physical and occupational therapy through home health, and much more — all delivered in a residential environment. You can rest assured that Cascades' staffing model exceeds the industry standard.

For those who need support with daily living activities, our portfolio of services is customized to you. Your needs are determined through an assessment conducted by the Health Services Director and your physician. The program is managed onsite by Registered Nurses who are assisted by LPNs and a staff of certified caregivers.

Memory Care:

Cascades Memory Care Neighborhood is a place where moments are meaningful; where respect and encouragement help people with Alzheimer's and other memory disorders make the most of each day. We've designed a safe, comfortable environment that encourages independence, affirms dignity and stimulates the mind while caring for the individual needs of each person.

Tapping into each resident's life history and experience is the cornerstone of our program. It is designed to create meaningful days of "new" experiences that are based on the resident's prior experiences. By tailoring activities that emphasize those familiar patterns and current preferences, each resident has the opportunity to move through their day with purpose. Our focus is on sensory-based activities that include exercise, art, music, gardening, current events and social gatherings.

Features and Amenities:

• Pool and spa: the pool is open in-season and spa is open year-round
  • Lobby lounge on each floor featuring comfortable seating for stimulating conversation
  • Beauty salon/barber: the place to pamper yourself!
  • Pet-friendly for Independent Living residents and a dedicated courtyard for four-legged friends visiting •Assisted Living and Memory Care residents
  • Media/computer center
  • Library/card room
  • Theater and entertainment room
  • Exercise room featuring scheduled classes and specially designed equipment
  • Snack and sundries shop
  • Lushly landscaped courtyards for walking, gathering and relaxation
  • Putting green
  • Laundries on each floor for your use, complimentary
  • Two dining rooms
  • Assigned covered parking area

No matter your lifestyle or life stage, you’ll find our rich variety of activities, serene grounds and superb dining make each day rejuvenating.

Map of Cascades of Tucson