Legacy at Imperial Village

Reviews of Legacy at Imperial Village

Independent Living Reviews for Legacy at Imperial Village

November 28, 2019

By ReviewerAT1124

I moved into imperial Plaza. It's OK. The staff I interacted with was nice, the apartment was OK, and it's roomy. However, it's a little too expensive.

July 09, 2019

By Anna

Imperial Plaza was nice. Everything is a la carte. Meals are not included, but the apartment was nice. It was a big community with a lot of space to get around. Their staffmember was very nice. She followed up with us a couple of times. They have more options and more things available. They have an exercise park, a bank, and a small convenience store.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your visit at our community! We look forward to your return, and hopefully moving into Imperial Plaza! As always, if we can be of help in any way, please don't hesitate to let us know. Take care.....Dawna C

April 28, 2019

By Doris

Imperial Plaza was not a very nice place. I didn't like it because as far as your laundry, you either had to go down the hall or you had to go down to the basement to do your laundry. They showed us a couple of rooms and the carpets were spotted. The stoves in the kitchen looked like something my grandmother would have had, so you just know how long ago that was. It just did not look like a very clean building. It was also old. I would not live there. The man who showed us around was okay. It looked like they had a lot of things to do. Truthfully, it did not give you a good impression. We were just more or less anxious to get out of there. I also don't think it's in a great community.

April 03, 2019

By AgnesMartin

I really enjoyed my visit and my Mother is going to move in soon. Everything she needs is here which is great for someone who does not drive. They have free transportation, a grocery store and are putting in a pharmacy and drug store. I love the large Library and the dining rooms.

April 03, 2019

By Sally May

Love that the community has so much history. Friendly staff and amazing amenities! Robust social calendar and activities. The chef prepared meal we had was thoroughly enjoyed by all!

March 19, 2019

The sales team is amazing! And then it is impossible to get anyone to help you with anything once you have signed the contract. When my father was ill and then passed, I left 6 messages for various people in the accounting department. I got one call back who gave me her direct line and then never picked up or called back when I tried to reach her. I would get transferred around to multiple people and voicemails and sometimes just disconnected. Terrible customer service, especially during one of the toughest times.

November 28, 2018

By Linda

Plenty of activities to keep you busy all day if you wanted. Varied activities. Plenty of exercise classes, flex your brain, music, weekly trips, numerous outings with meals.

November 27, 2018

By I love living here

This gated community is generally located to many stores. It also had two restaurants on location, a bar, a bank and grocery. A drugstore is also coming. There are lots of activities, clubs and a large library. Everything around here gets better every day. The staff is so helpful and I love the improved maintenance staff. They are so responsive.

November 15, 2018

By Dogwood Resident

My husband and I have lived here for about 3 years and for the money you can't find anything like this. We looked forever and never found anything. There are wonderful services available here. There is a doctors office on site and nurse practitioners that can come to your apartment if you cannot make it to the doctors office. The staff is very friendly as well as the residents. The staff is also very good about responding quickly to emergencies that may happen. If you have a cheerful attitude you will really enjoy yourself here.

November 14, 2018

By SaraMZ

I recently moved to Imperial Plaza in the last few months and I am happy with my experience here thus far. Most of the staff is very friendly and helpful. I really like the variety of activities offered. Most places don't offer nearly as many activities as we have here. I also like the fact that there is assisted living here as well as a rehab in the community so that if my friends transition to different types of care I can still visit with them. Overall this is a nice place to live, everywhere you go can make improvements of course but I like what they can offer me here.

November 14, 2018

By Howardtojo10

I live at Imperial Plaza and love it here! This gated community is centrally located to many restaurants and stores. It also has on location 2 restaurants, a bar, a bank, and grocery. A drug store is also coming soon. We also have buses if you can't drive that can take you to stores and doctors appointments. There are lots of activities and clubs and a large library. Everything around here gets better everyday. The staff is always very friendly. This is a beautiful setting that makes you feel at home. I also really like the improved maintenance staff, they have become much more responsive and prompt.

October 30, 2018

By Mary D. 1717

Larry and John were very informative . Learned a lot.

October 29, 2018

By Carol

Imperial Plaza lied to us. When we went to sign the papers, they gave us a new set of figures. It appeared to be a great place until they doubled the figures on us. The room, staff, and services were fine. We were ready to move in until they lied to us. The dining area looked good and restaurant style. They had library, games, and outings. The people and the facilities were nice.

Thank you for your comments. We are deeply saddened that you had a negative experience at our community. We are always ready to receive the input of people who are most affected by what we do and how we do it. We would love the opportunity to speak to you further about your concerns and how we can improve your opinion of our community and services.

August 31, 2018

By Her777

I visited Imperial Plaza and it was excellent. Everything was wonderful and great, and the place was very clean. I did notice that they would address issues right away. The rooms were studios and they were nice, bright, and clean. When I walked in I noticed right away how nice the room was with three closets, and windows with a nice view; it was very cozy and livable.

January 27, 2018

By Don

We went to Brookdale Imperial Plaza. We had a couple of meals there that were very good. The prices weren't great. They didn't seem to have a variety on the menu. It's a very large complex, spread out with several buildings. They had independent living, assisted living, and mental care in the same facility, but everybody eats in the same area from all the buildings and to get from most of the apartments to the dining area, you've got to take two elevators, which was inconvenient. They have corner units with a deck or patio on two sides of it, which we liked, but there were just too many things that we didn't like. They had a recreation room, a theater, barber shop, and a podiatrist. They seemed to have all the amenities, and everything we saw was very good, but the buildings were pretty old.

August 23, 2017

By Retha

My brother seems to be happy at Brookdale Imperial Plaza. They all seem to be helpful, very friendly, and help him with his needs. My brother spends time in his room with his TV and crossword puzzles. He can get three meals a day and fix his own meals in his kitchenette. He doesn't have a stove, but he has a microwave. They also have a cafeteria and a dining room and offer transportation.

November 24, 2016

By Reviewer110744

Brookdale Imperial Plaza is convenient to everything. There is a card playing group here and a knitting group. There is a movie every Tuesday and live entertainment in the auditorium every Monday. There is just something to do every single day. We have a dining room and two smaller places to eat, but you pay for your meals individually. I can sign up for transportation if I need to go to my doctor's appointment. Each building has a laundry room and a physical fitness room. I have found every staff member to be helpful and quickly responds to requests.

March 21, 2016

By Susan C.

The staff at Brookdale Imperial Plaza was knowledgeable. We had an opportunity to talk to some of the residents who were enthusiastic about living there. They had a lot of activities available. The rooms that we looked at were quite small, so that was disappointing. Only one building's rooms included dishwashers, which was disappointing, too, because my sister would be preparing her meals herself and a dishwasher would be important to her. The unit that had a dishwasher was more expensive.

March 19, 2015

Brookdale Imperial Plaza was very nice, but I can't afford it. They have many activities like different dinners and dances. They have three restaurants, and the food was good. The staff were very nice while I was there. They told me they were going to call me back and invite me to an event, but they never did. You have to have an income of two times the monthly rent, and I don't qualify.

July 31, 2014

I have an aunt at Imperial Plaza. They have independent living and assisted living. The room my aunt has, it has one room with a kitchenette. She has her own private bathroom. They have two or three different types of restaurant areas. They have a lot of activities. They celebrate the holidays, they take little trips, they did invite the family member, and they have dance. They have pretty good activities going on. The staff is right there with them and talking to them. They are knowledgeable enough. They keep them occupied. They have things going on for them all the time. They have beauty shop and pharmacy there. My aunt has three meals a day included.

July 29, 2014

By Deborah32

My mother is now at Imperial Plaza. She has been there for a month now. Everything is good in this place. It is a much older facility. It is not as pretty as the other facility we considered, but it has really been lovely. Their food is excellent, which is important to my mom. She likes it there. They have their own bank and their own beauty salon. They just have more things because they have so many more people. It is more of an a la carte thing where you pay extra if you want them cleaning your house or pay extra for a meal. It is not all-inclusive like the other facility, but we believe that it made more sense for my mother at this stage in her life. They have all kinds of activities, like lunches and bingo. She is not doing exercise activities, but she is planning of doing that in the future. Based on what my mother needs, I found their services good. They are meeting all my mom's needs. If you need any long-term situation, I think Imperial Plaza is a really good choice.

April 25, 2014

By Terri18

Imperial Plaza has everything right there; my mom doesn't have to go anywhere if she doesn't want to. There's a store, restaurant, hair salon, and pharmacy. It's all enclosed; you don't need to go outside from building to building. It is close to me as well, and very nice. They have one or two bedrooms. Their meals are pretty good and decent, but I take most of the meals to her. They have bingo, music, and trips, but they're pretty expensive. However, they don't have as many as they probably could have.

March 29, 2014

We liked it very much at Imperial Plaza, but it's just that we want to come up closer to family. It was a much bigger place than where we are now. It's both independent and assisted living. It was very good. The staff was very nice. Food was great, they have like three dining rooms. They have a large dining room and have a menu so that's like going into a hotel. You can get anything you want. They have quite a few different activities, like bingo and card games. They have a big auditorium that held plays, musicals, and all kinds of things like that. We would highly recommend it.

March 28, 2014

By Ashley9

Actually, I thought Imperial Plaza was really great. They were just a little bit expensive but not too bad. It was also really big. I felt that it would overwhelm my mother-in-law. Also, it was farther from our home. We like to just pop in, and that wasn't a place where we could just pop in. The staff, though, was great. We looked at a studio and it was nice. They did have the same kinds of activities. I know they did have bingo and other sorts of games there, too.

March 27, 2014

I was able to visit Imperial Plaza. The staff that accommodated me was very nice and knowledgeable. They were able to give me a lot of paper notes that I can read. They told me that they have shopping and they take the residents to the grocery store. Everything from the visit was fine.

March 26, 2014

By gary30

I thought that Imperial Plaza was much too old for me to live comfortably. They told me I would be in independent living, but they also had a lot of assisted living people there. The age difference between myself and the other residents turned me off. It seemed like most of them needed assisted living instead of independent living. They took me and showed me a room, and it didn't impress me very much. The size was just too small, all it had was a refrigerator. They had other units that had a small kitchen, but with my budget I cannot afford it, so what I had done was eat out a lot or utilize their cafeteria. They sent food in a box, and I've got to admit, it's like any other institutional meal. I'm sure it was healthy, but it didn’t stand out as special. I saw people sitting in the hallways. They weren't doing too much, you're just vegetated there like that. I couldn't be like that to myself again. Somebody should be offering them entertainment or give them mental health. It's like inmates are let out of the jail just waiting for their next meal. It's kind of pathetic. But they offer more than the previous place I lived at before.

October 21, 2013

Imperial Plaza was all self-contained. There's a walking area connected to different buildings where they have a beauty shop and different things. But the overall appearance when you walk into it just seemed very dingy. I looked at the rooms, they were very dark. And this was in daylight. They could lighten it up and make it a brighter color. The staff was very good, knowledgeable, and they were anxious to show you what they had. But for me, it sounded like I was going to walk into a tunnel tuft for getting older, and I didn't want to do that. The minimum age there is 80. They might be right for some people, just not for me.

October 18, 2013

By David72495750

Imperial Plaza just happened to be the place where my mom has friends, which is important. It's something that fits within her budget. They have a lot of activities. She likes the food.

October 18, 2013

I toured the Imperial Plaza. The grounds are lovely. I looked at some rooms. The staff was wonderful.

October 16, 2012

By Caring-family-member

My father -n-law received the worst experience due mainly to very poor management. I commend most of the nurses and PT staff who try to do a good job in such an environment.

September 02, 2012

By wille

My Mother lived here for three weeks in Assistant Living. Our experience has not been very good. The nurses were all kind but I had a very bad experience with the Assistant Living Supervisor. She was very unkind. I would not recommend this facility for assistant living.

June 26, 2012

By apples2345

The staff seemed ok. There was an incident in which my grandmother had a unexplained bruise on her face. I am not sure if my grandmother did something on her own or if it was done to her. But I do know that my grandmother was unable to walk and was in the bed all day so I am not sure how she hit her face on something. The facility was clean and smelled good.

Questions about Legacy at Imperial Village

What transportation services does Legacy at Imperial Village offer to independent living residents?

Courtesy transportation to grocery stores, malls, etc. (free) medical transportation (fee charged).

What makes the chef or dining program at Legacy at Imperial Village exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Option to get a meal plan or not. Restaurant Style dining. Meals available with or without meal plan.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Convenience store - Full Service Bank - Large Library - Pharmacy on-site - large auditorium - much more!!

What safety features or security measures does Legacy at Imperial Village offer to independent living residents?

Gated community - 24 hour internal and external security - pull cords in apartments.

If Legacy at Imperial Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes. We are on 35 acres with lots of walking trails.

Costs for Legacy at Imperial Village

Photos of Legacy at Imperial Village

Services and Amenities of Legacy at Imperial Village

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• State Licenses: ALF 1104695

About Legacy at Imperial Village

Imperial Plaza is a Richmond tradition. Imperial Plaza provides a unique combination of compassionate care and an active, engaged lifestyle on a securely gated campus. Our welcoming environment, thoughtful programs, and tenured associates give residents the opportunity to live an abundant life. Imperial Plaza offers Independent, assisted and memory care living options on one campus.

Amenities

• Wellness Center
  • Game Room
  • Billiards
  • Bank

We offer plenty of activities to keep you busy and engaged. We are conveniently located near shops and restaurants.

Map of Legacy at Imperial Village