Legacy at Imperial Village

Legacy at Imperial Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Legacy at Imperial Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Legacy at Imperial Village

By GlitteredMess88

Great place. Friendly Staff. They offer a lot of activities!

February 10, 2016

By Bea7

It is a wonderful place. The staff is very cordial. They get to know the people. They work with them and make sure that everything is okay. I am very pleased with the way it is. My relative has an apartment, and it is very nice. I eat there. The food is good and delicious. They have all sorts of activities like bingo. They have a full calendar every month. They have a restaurant, bank, pharmacy, doctor's office, little grocery store, salon, and barber shop. It is like a community within a community.

September 30, 2015

By Carole23

The general appearance is fine, and the housing is fine, but the nurses and the staff seem a little slow. They kind of do what they want to do. However, my sister is happy there. Her accommodation is fine. She likes it; it is a big campus, and she can walk around. They have music, concert, and things like that. Now, I think she is taking art class, so she does participate in the activities.

September 29, 2015

By Kenneth21

I visited and it was a nice place. Everybody was really nice. They took me up to the fifth floor and showed me a nice room, which was like a loft. It was really nice. I like that too. They have a little bit of everything, and that's what I really enjoyed about the place. They had doctors, the post office, the dentist, a little store, and a place where you can get your hair cut. They had a little bit of everything. I was really impressed. I like to mess with flowers, I have a little small garden in the back, and they have a place where I could do my own gardening. They had activities going on, and that was very interesting. They would take you out to the grocery, and I also like that idea. They have like four or five buses.

September 23, 2014

By Carolyn93268450

It is a very lovely place. I like everything about this facility. I like the rooms. Every time a person moves out, they update the room. They have plenty of restaurants and they have grocery stores inside. They also have a lot of activities. The staff who assisted me was very nice and very informative. The residents were very friendly as well. I just wish they have more covered parking area because they do not have that. They have a few spaces, but it's very limited. The rest of them is open space parking and you can get wet if it's raining. But I think that is the only negative for me because the rest of it is nice. I also specially like the fact that I can rent and I do not have to buy into their food plan. And I am still capable of cooking and I like to cook.

September 22, 2014

By Nichole1

It was very nice; it was gated. They were very friendly. The apartments were very nice too. They have a lot of good activities. They have something that keeps a person occupied for hours. The food was good. They had several dining areas, and it was just very nice overall.

August 28, 2014

I am in here right now. I like the fact that they are managing our medication and the food is excellent. The staff is very good and helpful. They have activities, but I don't participate.

July 31, 2014

By Terri19

My uncle just moved in and so far it has been very good. It's a beautiful facility. We met residents there and everybody was very warm and very cordial. My uncle liked the facility a lot and I think he will have a good time in this facility. The staff knew everybody's name. They explained the meal package situation and they really had a nice-looking restaurant. They had a grill for grill time. They also have a little pub style where you can have a glass or wine or a hamburger which he love. They have a mini mart, a mini pharmacy, and a bank so he would really not have to go out.

February 26, 2014

By LovelyLady00000125

My father in law is in here. There were multiple levels of service available, independent, assisted and nursing. There are amenities on the property like banking, a grocery store and it’s close to my home. They seem quite competent and helpful and he’s very happy. He has a larger than adequate one-bedroom apartment with a small kitchen and bath. He’s playing pool, poker and goes to the gym.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82054050

It was an older facility but it was fine. It was clean and accommodating. Their activities were pretty much the same as with what the other facility had. I thought there were a lot of similarities at what they were doing. With regards to the residents that they have there, they seemed to have a younger population even though the facility was older. I would recommend this facility but they need to clarify exactly the age level that they are providing for even though there were some who were around my age.

November 21, 2013

By Carl5

I did check out it through Caring.com. I had a tour with the staff there. It was a very nice facility; however, it was too big. It was a very big place. They have over 1100 residents and I think they have six buildings onsite. It did offer quite a bit. They provide daily activities, like different games, for their residents. The one thing that was very positive and good was that there was a lot of flexibility in terms of meal plans. You don't have to include all your meals and you can do ala carte. You can rent a studio or a one-bedroom or a two-bedroom but you don't necessarily have to have all the meals. You have that flexibility, so economically that's a good think for people who don't want to eat all three meals a day. They can choose what meal plans they want and that is a good feature. Also you can transition to another care level and you don't have to move again. They have a transition. So you can go into independent living to assisted living to memory, they're all in the same place and that is a good thing too.

November 11, 2013

By Nancy73509450

I went to visit and the lady that took me on tour was very nice. She showed me the models of the rooms and they were good. The residents knew the lady and they greeted her. The residents seemed comfortable and happy. They had different activities like trips, bingo, movie nights, and more which I did not remember.

August 08, 2013

By Joan21

I visited and it was a very, very nice place indeed. It had beautiful apartments, especially those that were in the new building. They had different styles of rooms, though they were all closed in. For activities, there were day trips and the like. The lady that showed me the apartments and handled the internet call was the sweetest and was absolutely wonderful. I had lunch with her when I was there so we did extensive talking. The food was also very good and professional served. It was simply excellent.

Independent Living Reviews for Legacy at Imperial Village

April 19, 2021

By Nancy

I visited Legacy at Imperial Village. The staff was very pleasant but disorganized. She had accidentally set up two tours at the same time, so I took the tour with another person. The apartments were nice but very tiny. The facility was clean, but it requires a lot of walking. I didn't see a gym, but I do think they have entertainment. They had a library and a pool table, but when I was there, everybody was congregating in the lobby.

April 12, 2021

By Elroy

My loved one has been staying here. The community is OK as far as aesthetics, but the staff as a whole is horrible. There's no communication. Everybody tells you something different, and if you call the facility, say you want to speak to a nurse or someone, then you leave a message, and you never get a phone call back. The building is average. It's clean and it's a nice place for somebody who's independent. They provide food, they have a cafeteria, and you can come and go as you please. They also have a bus to take you wherever you need to go. With COVID, they have cancelled much of the activities, so they can't really do much for the residents. My loved one said he didn't like the food because it was bland, but he's diabetic, so he was just used to foods with a little bit of seasoning. He was in a specific dietary plan, so anybody who goes from regular food to bland food is going to say the food isn't good.

March 06, 2021

By Oliver

It was a nice place. We saw a drug store in there, a doctor's office, a grocery store, a dining hall, and a snack bar. We just glanced at the dining room. It was large with chairs in it, but they won't let anybody in for now. They have a one-bedroom apartment which has a bathroom, a kitchen, and carpeting on the floor. I also saw people doing Valentine's Day crafts in the craft room, which my mom would like. They took us to a room where they do weightlifting and other things, and I was interested with the kind of exercises they had. The guy who leads the exercise class said that he just loved how they come there and lift weights. They do that on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We talked to some of the residents, and everybody said that they liked to be in there, that it was a friendly place, and the staff was nice. We didn't hear anybody complain about being there. They seemed to be happy, but because of coronavirus, they curtailed activities, which they had to because of social distancing and that makes sense. The only drawback that I have is, it's kind of an older facility, so it's not brand new.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience during your visit at Legacy @ Imperial Village (formerly Imperial Plaza)! We are in the beginning of our MAJOR renovation and facelift. Hopefully, your mom will become a new resident, and be able to watch as we restore our shine. It will be awesome for her to take part in the new and exciting things that will be and/or are happening at "LIV"... Give me a call to discuss further details about the changes, and also to discuss next steps to join the Village!! Take care....Dawna C

July 09, 2019

By Anna

It was nice. Everything is a la carte. Meals are not included, but the apartment was nice. It was a big community with a lot of space to get around. Their staffmember was very nice. She followed up with us a couple of times. They have more options and more things available. They have an exercise park, a bank, and a small convenience store.

By AgnesMartin

I really enjoyed my visit and my Mother is going to move in soon. Everything she needs is here which is great for someone who does not drive. They have free transportation, a grocery store and are putting in a pharmacy and drug store. I love the large Library and the dining rooms.

By Sally May

Love that the community has so much history. Friendly staff and amazing amenities! Robust social calendar and activities. The chef prepared meal we had was thoroughly enjoyed by all!

November 28, 2018

By Linda

Plenty of activities to keep you busy all day if you wanted. Varied activities. Plenty of exercise classes, flex your brain, music, weekly trips, numerous outings with meals.

November 15, 2018

By Dogwood Resident

My husband and I have lived here for about 3 years and for the money you can't find anything like this. We looked forever and never found anything. There are wonderful services available here. There is a doctors office on site and nurse practitioners that can come to your apartment if you cannot make it to the doctors office. The staff is very friendly as well as the residents. The staff is also very good about responding quickly to emergencies that may happen. If you have a cheerful attitude you will really enjoy yourself here.

October 30, 2018

By Mary D. 1717

Larry and John were very informative . Learned a lot.

August 31, 2018

By Her777

I visited and it was excellent. Everything was wonderful and great, and the place was very clean. I did notice that they would address issues right away. The rooms were studios and they were nice, bright, and clean. When I walked in I noticed right away how nice the room was with three closets, and windows with a nice view; it was very cozy and livable.

August 23, 2017

By Retha

My brother seems to be happy here. They all seem to be helpful, very friendly, and help him with his needs. My brother spends time in his room with his TV and crossword puzzles. He can get three meals a day and fix his own meals in his kitchenette. He doesn't have a stove, but he has a microwave. They also have a cafeteria and a dining room and offer transportation.

November 24, 2016

By Reviewer110744

It is convenient to everything. There is a card playing group here and a knitting group. There is a movie every Tuesday and live entertainment in the auditorium every Monday. There is just something to do every single day. We have a dining room and two smaller places to eat, but you pay for your meals individually. I can sign up for transportation if I need to go to my doctor's appointment. Each building has a laundry room and a physical fitness room. I have found every staff member to be helpful and quickly responds to requests.

March 27, 2014

I was able to visit. The staff that accommodated me was very nice and knowledgeable. They were able to give me a lot of paper notes that I can read. They told me that they have shopping and they take the residents to the grocery store. Everything from the visit was fine.

October 18, 2013

I toured. The grounds are lovely. I looked at some rooms. The staff was wonderful.

Questions about Legacy at Imperial Village

What transportation services does Legacy at Imperial Village offer to assisted living residents?

Courtesy transportation to grocery stores, malls, banks, etc. and medical transportation.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

shopping - dining - movie theaters - bowling - parks -

What transportation services does Legacy at Imperial Village offer to independent living residents?

Courtesy transportation to grocery stores, malls, etc. (free) medical transportation (fee charged).

What makes the chef or dining program at Legacy at Imperial Village exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Option to get a meal plan or not. Restaurant Style dining. Meals available with or without meal plan.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Convenience store - Full Service Bank - Large Library - Pharmacy on-site - large auditorium - putting green - doggie park - and MORE....

What safety features or security measures does Legacy at Imperial Village offer to independent living residents?

Gated community - 24 hour internal and external security - pull cords in apartments.

If Legacy at Imperial Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, 35 lbs or less. We are on 35 acres with lots of walking trails.

What safety features or security measures does Legacy at Imperial Village provide to protect residents who wander?

Secured memory care.

Costs for Legacy at Imperial Village

Photos of Legacy at Imperial Village

Services and Amenities of Legacy at Imperial Village

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• State Licenses: ALF 1104695

About Legacy at Imperial Village

Imperial Plaza is a Richmond tradition. Imperial Plaza provides a unique combination of compassionate care and an active, engaged lifestyle on a securely gated campus. Our welcoming environment, thoughtful programs, and tenured associates give residents the opportunity to live an abundant life. Imperial Plaza offers Independent, assisted and memory care living options on one campus.

Amenities