37 Assisted Living Facilities near Mechanicsville, VA
There are 37 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mechanicsville area, with 4 in Mechanicsville and 33 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mechanicsville is $4,011 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Richmond with an average starting cost of $3,577.
To help you with your search, browse the 251 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mechanicsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mechanicsville 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Henrico with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Mechanicsville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mechanicsville, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Mechanicsville, VA
33 Assisted Living Facilities near Mechanicsville, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mechanicsville
Mechanicsville, Virginia, is a small city with around 37,000 people, and seniors who want to enjoy a less crowded urban area that still offers plenty of amenities may enjoy living here. Plus, Richmond is a short drive away, making it easy to access the excitement of a larger city.
Older adults can settle in a variety of communities and housing options in the town, including assisted living facilities, which are licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services. Assisted living facilities provide independent living for seniors at various levels of the care spectrum, with staff on hand to provide help with activities of daily living or plan social and entertainment opportunities. Seniors can choose from four communities within the Mechanicsville corp limits and 37 additional facilities in nearby towns.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mechanicsville
- Mechanicsville experiences all four seasons, making it an ideal location for seniors who love both the bright colors of spring and the earthy tones of fall. Snowfall is a given most years, but it's typically minimal and temporary, so seniors can spend time outdoors in every season.
- The cost of living in Mechanicsville is slightly lower than the state average but a tad higher than the national average. Housing is expensive here, which won't be a concern for seniors opting for assisted living facilities. Groceries and transportation are on average less expensive than they are nationally, offering some money-saving options for older adults.
- Mechanicsville does have a low crime rate when compared to national numbers. Pair this with the added security of life in an assisted living community, and seniors can be confident in their safety.
- Sales tax is relatively low in Mechanicsville, since the city itself doesn't levy one and the county only levies a 1 percent sales tax. The total combined county/state sales tax amount is 5.3 percent, which may save seniors additional money when they shop for necessities.
- The Mechanicsville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Bon Secours Memorial Regional, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mechanicsville is a short drive from Richmond, where seniors can access a wide-range of outdoor and cultural attractions. That includes Three Lakes Park & Nature Center, which offers hiking, fishing and picnic opportunities for seniors who enjoy exploring nature outside of their own community.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mechanicsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Mechanicsville start around $4,011 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mechanicsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mechanicsville
Virginia's Medicaid home and community-based waiver programs offer qualifying seniors the opportunity to get assistance paying for certain care services, including those provided in an assisted living facility. Medicaid's PACE program also offers financial assistance to eligible seniors, helping those age 55 and older who might otherwise need to reside in a nursing home afford the services that let them live more independently.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mechanicsville
Mechanicsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mechanicsville, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mechanicsville
Mechanicsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Mechanicsville, VA
Other Options in Mechanicsville, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mechanicsville
Review of Heritage Green of Hanover
I visited Heritage Green of Hanover, but I didn't get to look in one of the rooms. It was a general tour, just walking around and seeing the recreation areas, but for some reason, the guy doing the... Read more
Review of Harmony at Hanover
The Crossings at Hanover (Harmony at Hanover) was very well maintained. The only thing I didn't like was that everything was on the first floor, so you have to use the elevator to get down. Neverth... Read more
Review of Heritage Green of Hanover
I enjoy this facility. It is a very nice place to stay in. The staff and people are very friendly. I think this is a wonderful place for anyone to live. Read more