14 Assisted Living Facilities near Chesterfield, VA
With an average cost of $2,500 in Chesterfield, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 6 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 2 facilities in Chesterfield.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Chesterfield, VA
12 Assisted Living Facilities near Chesterfield, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Chesterfield
Chesterfield is the seat of Virginia’s Chesterfield County which was founded in 1749 and lies along the historic James River. In addition to organizations like the Chesterfield Historical Society, this area has two Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in town and another 13 close by. These facilities are defined by the state of Virginia as residential facilities that provide 24-hour supervision and support for four or more elderly or disabled adults. They provide personal and health care services like medication management and their policies are regulated state-wide by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Chesterfield
- Seniors living in Chesterfield will experience all four seasons. With an average high temperature of 89 degrees in the summer, seniors can get out and enjoy outdoor activities with ease. In winter though, seniors with limited mobility may have a hard time being active due to the average low of 26 degrees and seven inches of annual snowfall.
- Seniors and their loved ones can feel safe and secure in Chesterfield, due to the low rate of crime. Violent crime is rated at 31 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is on par with the national average of 31.1. Property crime is rated at 25.5, which is lower than the national average of 38.1.
- The Chesterfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Bon Secours St. Francis, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors living in Chesterfield have access to GRTC transit services. Using the GRTC, seniors can get to doctor’s appointments, go shopping and find entertainment. GRTC offers reduced fare for seniors.
- Chesterfield has a cost of living seven percent higher than the national average. Seniors on a budget living in this area may find it more difficult to build their savings.
- Seniors enjoy high-quality air throughout Chesterfield. The American Lung Association gave this area an Ozone score of B, and Particle Pollution 24-hour score of A. Seniors with a respiratory illness may be able to breathe easier here than in more polluted counties.
Paying for Assisted Living in Chesterfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Chesterfield start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Chesterfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Chesterfield
Seniors seeking financial aid for assisted living costs may be eligible for help through the state’s Medicaid Assisted Living Waiver. Eligible seniors living in Virginia also have access to the non-Medicaid Auxiliary Grant program for aid with assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Chesterfield
Chesterfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Chesterfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Chesterfield
Chesterfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Chesterfield
Review of Assisted Living at Lucy Corr Village
I toured Assisted Living at Lucy Corr Village for my mother. The appearance was fine, I didn't see any issues, however the rooms were all occupied. Since I was a walk-in, they told me I couldn't se... Read more
Review of Hall's Care Homes LLC
My loved one is in Hall's Care Homes LLC. It's a regular house, and they take care of him. They're great with him, he's doing fine, and he's happy. They have a television and they're working on fix... Read more
Review of Assisted Living at Lucy Corr Village
My sister moved into Lucy Corr Village. It is very clean. All of the workers are very friendly and efficient in their care. The rooms are very roomy. They interact very well with the residents, and... Read more