46 Assisted Living Facilities near Henrico, VA
Also serving communities of Glen Allen, Ashland.
There are 46 Assisted Living Facilities in the Henrico area, with 2 in Henrico and 44 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Henrico is $2,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 293 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Henrico. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Henrico 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Henrico, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Henrico, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Henrico
Henrico County, Virginia, has plenty to offer history buffs, being the site of a settlement in 1634. Since it borders Richmond, it also offers seniors access to plenty of modern entertainment options, making it a choice for older adults who want to live in the moment while continuing to learn about the past.
Seniors interested in independent community living may want to consider one of the 25 assisted living facilities within Henrico County. Assisted living facilities in the state of Virginia must be licensed by the state's Department of Social Services, so older adults and their loved ones can have peace of mind that communities are staffed by properly licensed staff and offer safe, secure living environments.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Henrico
- The Henrico County area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Henrico Doctors' Hospital and multiple Bon Secours facilities, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Henrico County has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Advocate for the Aging's Office, an organization that provides referrals and helps seniors access resources as well as more than three senior centers.
- The cost of living in Henrico County is higher than the national average but lower than in nearby Richmond, making it a less expensive place to live for seniors who want to settle in the area.
- While the area averages just over a foot of snow a year, it also gets more than 200 sunny days and has a mild average temperature, so seniors who love the outdoors may decide they love it here.
- The state of Virginia doesn't tax Social Security income, and up to $12,000 in pension payments and other qualifying retirement disbursements can be deducted from taxable income, allowing seniors to have more buying power.
- Henrico County does not have an ideal track record when it comes to crime, only coming in just above 25 percent of other cities in the nation. This is something seniors will need to consider, although the security elements within an assisted living community can help increase peach of mind.
Paying for Assisted Living in Henrico
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Henrico start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Henrico and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Henrico
Seniors that need assistance paying for long-term care services can take advantage of a number of programs, including the Medicaid PACE program. It provides financial assistance to cover care services that let someone continue to live on their own longer. Medicaid also offers community-based waiver programs that help cover services such as assistance with activities of daily living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Henrico
Henrico and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Henrico, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Henrico
Henrico-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Henrico, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Henrico
Review of DPC Assisted Living
The owner of DPC was very accommodating, friendly, and gave me a nice tour. It was about 25 minutes from the house. There were individual homes, and that was what we were looking for. The price was... Read more
Review of Winston Family Care
THIS INDEPENDENT LIVING HOME IS SO GREAT. THE STAFF IS VERY NICE, AND GOOD TO US. IT'S IN A GREAT LOCATION, AND IN A VERY NICE HOUSING COMMUNITY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOME TO ANYONE WHO NEEDS... Read more
Review of Winston Family Care
I LIVE AT WINSTON FAMILY CARE, AND I LOVE IT, AND I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A PLACE FOR YOURSELF OR A LOVED ONE. Read more