Brookdale Midlothian

Reviews of Brookdale Midlothian

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Midlothian

August 15, 2016

By Cynthia578662

Brookdale Midlothian was well laid out and very clean. The location was excellent and very convenient to other shopping areas. The staff was friendly and offered me lunch, but I did not have time. I saw their dining room, and it was very nice and offered a lot of choices that I think I would enjoy. The residents seemed like they were all cared for, pleasant, and happy. They were talking to each other. Everyone was clean and fresh, and that made me feel good.

May 06, 2016

By edolphs

First I wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy. Let me tell you about their memory care unit. They are very understaffed and the people that do work there, tend to work more than 13 hour days. I know because of what a person told me when my mother was there. The memory care patients are left alone more than 20 mins or more (we are talking 10-12 patients in a common area). We saw that with our own eyes. Our mother fell 3 times in one week. She has been at a rehab place for over 3 weeks and no falls because that place hires enough people to take care of their patients. Patients are left in their own waste for hours. One person's mother was there and fell constantly and they made her bring in 24 hour care for her mother. What is the excuse for this? If you can't have enough staff or aren't qualified to take care of patients with Alzheimer's/Dementia then you shouldn't offer this type of care. The night time staff is just as bad because they will be in a breakroom watching television all night as opposed to oh actually checking on patients. They will sell you a great sell but they do not follow through with what you are told. Save your money and for your own loved one's safety do not bring them to this place.

December 01, 2015

My parent is at Brookdale. It is alright. It is not the best, but it is not the worst. This is in the middle of the road. The staff is caring. They care about the residents. The surroundings are adequate. Food is OK. It is good.

March 11, 2015

Brookdale Midlothian would be my second choice. It is a nice place. This is probably where we would have gone had they not been able to take him in his current facility. It is beautiful and newer. The entrance was very attractive as we went through all the space they showed everybody. It was all very attractive and very homey. The people there were very nice and seem to know how to do a good job. I really think that is where we would have gone. That would be closer to us too. The dining room looked very nice. Everything about it looked good, and as far as I know everything about it might be good.

February 04, 2015

By sbsw327

When we first moved my grandma into this facility five years ago we were more than pleased with the experience. The staff consistently went above and beyond to not only care for her but for her belongings. We were thrilled to have found an environment where we trusted the employees so much. Two years ago we had to move my grandpa in as well and the staff did everything they could to make the transition smooth and pleasant for him and us as well. However over the past year we have noticed a steady decline in the quality of the staff and the care. Their personal items began to go missing or be poorly cared for. We have shown up for visits only to find that they had taken my grandparents out of the building for activities without notifying us, one of these trips was to the zoo where we could have met them there with my nephew and had a really nice family afternoon had we been notified of the event. Also we noticed that my grandpa's foot was swollen and red during one of our visits and when we brought to the nurse's attention our concern about his ability to walk on it we were told to call back in the morning and talk to the morning nurse. We have since removed both of my grandparents from the facility and we feel a huge sense of relief.

October 16, 2014

By Patricia82068850

Sutherland Place seemed very nice, and I thought it was newer than the other ones that we looked at. The room size seemed good. Though the single room seemed to be too small, they had like a single room and a half. The dining room seemed spacious enough. However, we didn't care for the tour that we had at all, and we didn't care for the person who gave the tour. From what I understand from him, he usually worked at another Sutherland Facility, so I was not sure how familiar he was with the one that he was giving us the tour. He rushed through everything. It was all very quick like he couldn't wait to get the tour over with.

Thank you for visiting our community and sharing your feedback. We apologize your expectations were not initially met; we did have an associate covering the position while we were transitioning through the merger. We currently have a permanent sales counselor at the community, and we would love for you to come back for another tour!

March 28, 2013

By GailM

My Mom has been a resident of Southerland Place for over three years. She and I both think of it as her home. The staff is wonderful - very attentive and nuturing. Since it is not a large facility, there is a lot of individuall attention given to the residents. Mom especially loves the "lunch dates" each Monday. The meals are equivalent to a fine restaurant with multiple choices available. The chef is especially talented on his desserts, which are to die for! I would definitely recommend Southerland Place for a "home-like" assisted living facility.

March 16, 2013

By ckhokie

My mother currently resides at Southerland Place. I have been very pleased with the care that my mother has been receiving. The caregivers have been excellent and I truly believe that each one of them love my mother as their own. There has been great communication between the staff and my family on the care plan and any changes that they see in my mom. My mother fell one night and she told me that they quickly came to her call for help. After they had checked her vitals and made sure that there were no issues, the nurse called me at 12:30 am to tell me what had happened. Even though it was late, I was impressed that they called me to let me know what was going on. Management has an open door policy and is very accessible. I also like that they are always having activities that gives the families a chance to have fun with their loved one. The week before Thanksgiving they invited all of the families to come to a Thanksgiving feast and there was close to 200 people that attended. It was a full Thanksgiving dinner with all of the traditional foods and they had live entertainment. Everyone had a wonderful time! Also the food has been excellent each time I have eating with her and at the parties. It is a tough decision on placing a loved one in an assisted living facility, but I am truly please with my decision of the Southerland Place.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Midlothian

• Low Salt

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Midlothian

Brookdale Midlothian provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Midlothian