The Welsh Home

Reviews of The Welsh Home

Nursing Home Reviews for The Welsh Home

October 28, 2013

By lisajanik

The Welsh Home is Beautiful and everyone gets a private room. But they do not want to give a lot care. When I placed my Mother there for care they said it would be her forever home. At first it was fine but I was there a lot to make sure she was well taken care of. I did notice that residence that did not have family would smell. When my Mother's disease got worse it was a huge bother for them to take care of her. She was there 1 year and they called my Father and I for a meeting. They said we needed to find another place for my Mother because they were scared she would sneak out. Now my Mother could not even turn a door handle? When they asked us to find a new place they never even suggested to have a doctor review her condition to see if possibly medication would make her more content. She was NOT violent at all but she was not happy a lot and was having a hard time sleeping. Also when they kicked my Mother out the Director of The Welsh Home was not in our meeting and couldn't be bothered with us. We actually called the State and we could of had a hearing to force them to keep her but what was the point when she wasn't getting the support/care she needed. Plus they gave us some place to look at and they really were horrible. We did actually find her a beautiful nursing home in Avon Lake and she ended up receiving wonderful care. But moving my Mom really set her back "Thanks to The Welsh Home"! Our family was so disappointed with the coldness of the management team.

April 04, 2012

By Puppy Lover

I think that living in a nursing home would be awful, but since no one was able to care for my great-aunt any more, we had to place her in one. That being said, I can't imagine a better place than Welsh Home. The staff is friendly and attentive, the food seems good, and the facilities are clean. There are planned activities for the residents that many seem to enjoy, and a large common area for residents to relax and meet with family and other visitors. My great-aunt's room is shared with one other resident, and although it is not a large room, it doesn't feel terribly cramped. The furniture is comfortable and there is a television. The most important thing is that the attendants and other staff treat the residents with respect, and we feel comfortable knowing that my great-aunt isn't being mistreated or abused, and that she is safe and healthy there.

Photos of The Welsh Home

Services and Amenities of The Welsh Home

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About The Welsh Home

The Welsh Home is a senior living provider in Rocky River, Ohio that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Welsh Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Welsh Home