Brookwood Retirement Community

Brookwood Retirement Community (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookwood Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookwood Retirement Community

September 22, 2014

I am in Brookwood Retirement. It is very nice. We have activities here. I play bridge on Tuesdays and Thursdays. In fact, I am missing a bunco game, which is starting right now. The food is pretty good. The nurses are nice. I don't really care about some of the aides. Though some of them are nice, I thought some of them need to have a better attitude. However, I don't really don't need any help so I don't have to call on them.

December 27, 2013

By wrdwhz

I am actually a relative of a past resident of this facility. My mom was there for 4 yrs., having entered as an independent resident and about 6 mos. later became an assisted living resident. During her stay there in both of these capacities, she felt very comfortable there and her care was very good. She was also able to stay in her very nice 1-BR apt. there. However, after 2 yrs., she required the next higher level of care and had to be moved to a different floor, and her care there diminished noticeably, complete with several falls, one from her bed when she was unable to move on her own and they said she did and blamed it on her air bed, although her roommate and her roommate's mom both said my mom never moved when she was in bed. The hospital where she'd been taken said it looked like she had fallen from the top of a bunk bed. She had just begun receiving Hospice support there and they were appalled at the bruising and a complaint was filed with the state but nothing was found to be out of order when they arrived there. I was paying her bill sout of her money and was often billed incorrectly and had to carefully check each one and they finally reimbursed/credited me for things she shouldn't have to pay for. Hospice told me that I shouldn't have to be paying for her depends and a list of other things that I was still being billed for and asked me to submit my bills to them so they could reimburse me for that. I do believe that since that time their billing system improved, but I was very disappointed in her care at the end as I could see they didn't take care of her as they should have - granted they are always shorthanded but improper positioning in a chair, a dirty face, etc., is unacceptable, plus they knew when Hospice would be there each week and slacked off on doing things they expected Hospice to do such as bathing, grooming, etc. Unfortunately, I saw the same things go on in a different more upscale nursing home when visiiting a friend of mine several times following several strokes.

May 22, 2013

By Judith6

My sister is at Brookwood Retirement Community. It's a wonderful facility and everything is going very well. It is close to our place and it offers some flexibility that other facilities do not have. The staff is very kind, caring, and very nurturing. She has a studio apartment, and the food is very good. They are very accommodating to her dietary needs. What I liked best about the place is its cleanliness.

November 20, 2012

By vik1

My experience at this facility has been very good. I visit there about 2-3 times a month. The culture in the facility is very friendly and I just have to say they have shown a very caring attitude on my numerous visits. They have a refrigerator, floors are carpeted, closet space is not half bad either, just complaints about not being enough shelves in the studio. Apart from accommodation itself they really try to keep them engaged. It is very satisfying to see my grandma here

May 09, 2012

By CincyGuy

My aunt was having trouble getting by on her own. Taking care of her place and being able to do the necessary things she needed to do to have a good life on her own. We visited this facility and found that it really has everything you would want in assisted living. The people living there are well cared for and there are a lot of incentives to keep people there active, healthy, and happy, which are very important to both her and us. Some of the things that people can do there are tennis lessons, indoor swimming, and lots of social events. The staff is very friendly and doctors are on site in case of any emergency. It's kind of a bit far from the nearest hospital, but there are urgent care facilities that are very close. If the hospital distance isn't an issue I can't recommend this place enough. She has been very happy and her happiness is what is really important to us.

June 23, 2011

By WickedYorg

I have visited Brookwood many times with my grandmother to go see her friends. Brookwood is a okay place but not great. They provide activities including WII bowling night, bingo, water aerobics, crafts, movie night and many more. The downside to Brookwood is it needs a update, the halls and lobby's seem like a hospital and they are somewhat depressing. Maybe if they gave the place a makeover it would bring some life back into it. All in all it is a good place to live if you don't mind how they decorate halls and lobbys.

Nursing Home Reviews for Brookwood Retirement Community

• Occupational Therapy

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Brookwood Retirement Community

Brookwood Retirement Community is a senior living provider in Cincinnati, Ohio that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Brookwood Retirement Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of Brookwood Retirement Community