15 Assisted Living Facilities near Covington, KY
Also serving communities of Fort Wright, Edgewood, Crestview Hills, Villa Hills, Fort Thomas.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Covington area, with 3 in Covington and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Covington is $3,100 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 87 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Covington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Covington 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Loveland with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Covington, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Covington, KY
12 Assisted Living Facilities near Covington, KY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Covington
Covington, KY, is a historically rich city that was establisted in 1814. It enjoyed a constant influx of inhabitants and was a bustling city by the mid-1930s. Today, the city has over 40,000 residents, roughly 12% of whom are aged 65 and over.
In Kentucky, assisted living facilities are categorized based on how they are funded. Assisted living communities are private entities that do not receive public funding. They are certified by the Kentucky Department for Aging and Independent Living. Personal care homes are publicly funded and are licensed through the Kentucky Cabinet for Health Services, Office of Inspector General, Division of Health Care. Covington is home to three assisted living facilities, and there are a dozen more nearby.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Covington
- Covington is a culturally rich city with numerous murals in the Downtown district by local and nationally recognized artists. The Roebling Murals, which are located at the Covington Waterfront, depict Covington's history from 800 BC to present day. The Riverwalk Statues, which are located along Riverside Drive, are seven life-like statues of significant historical figures. Local senior centers may take field trips to these points of interest.
- The Southbank Shuttle Trolley, which is operated by Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky, travels between Newport, Covington and downtown Cincinnati, providing seniors with access to entertainment venues, sports arenas, shopping and dining. Seniors are eligible to ride for a reduced fare.
- Covington has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Northern Kentucky Community Action Commission Senior Services, an organization that provides an employment program for seniors and operates three senior centers in the region.
- The Covington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Elizabeth Covington, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Kentucky is a fairly tax-friendly state for seniors, which may benefit those seeking assisted living in Covington. In this state, Social Security benefits are not taxed, and there is a large deduction available to seniors who draw other types of retirement income. Sales and property taxes in Kentucky are also relatively low.
- Covington's overall cost of living is about 18% lower than the national average of 8% lower than the statewide average, which may make it a good option for seniors on a budget.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Covington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kentucky
Assisted Living costs in Covington start around $3,100 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Covington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Covington
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Covington
Covington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Covington, please visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Covington
Covington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kentucky are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kentucky page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Covington, KY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Covington
Review of Ivy Knoll
My Mom loves the activities offered, all the friends she has made and the delicious meals she gets. She said it was like being on vacation year round! I love the staff and other residents, I know... Read more
Review of Ivy Knoll
Ivy Knoll was a very nice facility. The pricing was reasonable compared to the other prices. It did have more of a nursing home feel. It is an older building and they've done some renovations, but ... Read more
Review of St. Charles Community
My mom is now in St. Charles. It is very good and above average. They have excellent security and plenty of activities. I think the community is good for the price. The room rates are kind of high,... Read more