Orlando Lutheran Towers

Reviews of Orlando Lutheran Towers

Assisted Living Reviews for Orlando Lutheran Towers

November 24, 2015

By GramsNumberOne

My grandparents moved to the Towers years ago. My grandfather has since passed away, but my grandmother is still there, going strong at age 101. My parents also recently moved there, and both sets of aunt/uncles have plans to move there when the time comes. So the whole family will be there! The staff are kind, helpful, and loving. My grandmother gets a lot of attention (it helps if the family is involved). They have renovated several of the public areas (lobby, café, gazebo, parking lot) and the gazebo is lovely. My grandmother and I enjoy the patio to just sit and talk. The place is clean, well-lit, and organized. I have never seen a dirty bathroom. The staff work hard and are VERY patient. They often seem amused rather than annoyed at some of the ways of the elderly - which can be challenging to a person's patience. Some of the back halls and elevators could use a coat of paint but in over a decade, I haven't seen any major problems.

November 21, 2015

By Charlie13

I have visited half a dozen times in the last six years, so I am familiar with Lutheran Towers. It's very pleasant. I enjoyed the people working there, and the people are all friendly. I would recommend it, though I don’t think there is anything that really stands out. I just liked the place and the people, and if it wasn’t for the $200,000 to get in, I would probably go there. The rooms were well-cared for. I have nothing negative to say; everything was as I expected. Lutheran Towers is one of the better places, if not the best.

September 28, 2015

By Jayne8

It’s very nice. The residents and the staff seemed very friendly. My mother likes the overall setup and the size of the room that she is going to be in. This is Orlando Lutheran Towers. It was very pleasant.

November 27, 2013

We decided to leave my husband's grandmother at Orlando Lutheran Towers. She has adjusted better recently and has made some friends so that is helping her. I like that they have the opportunity to socialize with the other residents that are on other floors which is nice for her because she is still very social and very capable. She has some memory problems so it's kind of a nice blend situation and the cost seems a better value than a lot of the other places that I had seen. I've eaten there a couple of times and the food is good. I just wish they have more outdoor space for the residents where they could go out if they wanted to.

June 26, 2013

By caring1990

I know a lot of people at Lutheran Towers and I had my mother in there that's why I chose the place. I already had my deposit in there and I am going to move anytime soon. I have a room and a very small kitchen. They have activities just about everything you want. They have trips outside. They have a gym and a coach.

June 13, 2013

By Nimfa2

My mom had a delightful stay at the Orlando Lutheran Towers. They had good food with several selections. Her accommodation was excellent. She went on several activities with them. She had a very good experience there.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Orlando Lutheran Towers

August 17, 2017

By Ticeguy1418

I lived in OLT (Orlando Lutheran Towers) for a year. I was somewhat mislead into thinking that my substantial entrance fee was going to cover my potential nursing home care if ever needed since I was told that I would never be expelled. The concept of "independent" living can have various meanings. It seems that many in this category can hardly walk or have limited mobility or memory issues. At first I considered OLT as being " ALMOST HEAVEN". But after a while, this changed. The residents were very amiable and friendly. However, the dining room was another matter. Toward the end I actually dreaded having to go into it. While the food was OK the servers were anything but. A prolonged wait of up to an hour to be served was quite common. And then the wrong item (s) would come. And the take-home items were very reluctantly given. Only one piece of fruit or one milk. And for the price paid monthly to be there, the food could be more freely given as I noticed being the case in other CCRCs (Continuing Care Retirement Community). Activities seemed fine and one could participate if one desired. The location Downtown was a big drawing card but after a year was played out. OLT is good for certain situations but it is best to evaluate fully before deciding. Perhaps an Elder Care attorney would be good to check into before deciding since the cost of CCRCS is a bit high. A partial refund was given based on the first four years. Two percent per month is deducted from the entrance fee.

July 20, 2014

We like that Orlando Lutheran Tower is a tri-level facility. It has assisted, independent, and skilled nursing care. The staff are very caring. They have a large dining room on the first floor, which is very nice. They have music sometimes. The facility is very clean and very well maintained. They have activities every day. They also have an activities director, so they have exercise, music, and bingo. They also have physical therapy.

September 01, 2011

By lobbyramp

Very expensive, great location, too many floors for the elderly, close to churches, overall decent property and would give it a neutral rating.

August 19, 2011

By cdayton

We had a family friend who was a resident in the Lutheran Towers for many years. This facility is a continuing care facility in downtown Orlando. It sits in a high rise building and offers all different levels of care, from independent living all the way to skilled nursing care. I will focus my review on the assisted living portion of this facility as that is where our friend resided and the area I was able to visit most often. This is a gorgeous area with individual apartments for each of the residents. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful - from assisting with housekeeping to providing meals and medication reminders to the residents as often as necessary. I often saw staff approaching residents with a smile, calling them by name, and even offering those extra special touches like remembering a birthday or asking about one of those resident's family members (such as asking how a Grandchild is doing who has just left for college). I never entered this facility and found it to be anything except extremely clean, updated in decor, and all around welcoming. They do an excellent job of providing a friendly and home like feel in the individual apartments, in the common area, in the Chapel, and in the dining hall. Residents have access to a ton of activities regularly and I also often saw residents forming small activity groups on their own (a small book club perhaps or card game meet up). It was very obvious to me that this facility provides excellent care, but also encourages the highest level of independence for each and every resident. Overall I can think of nothing negative to say about this facility. Our family friend very much enjoyed her time there and I would highly recommend it to family and friends if the need ever arose.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (4) See fewer reviews

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Features Extra: 24 Hour Security And Ecc License

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.
  • Pharma

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: All Licensed Nursing Staff

• Licenses: ALF has ECC License

About Orlando Lutheran Towers

Orlando Lutheran Towers offers seniors a choice of spacious, custom-decorated home apartments complimented by a community lifestyle with a broad range of activity options. We offer a full calendar of programs that cater to your social, recreational, educational and spiritual needs. Stay as busy as you like, or simply savor the opportunity to relax in the privacy of your own residence. Enjoy restaurant-style tableside service and delicious cuisine each day in our friendly Dining Room

We are a CCRC, offering IL, ALF, SNF, and Rehab- been in downtown Orlando for over 35 years

A holistic wellness program that includes: Nautilus equipments, fitness classes, Thai Chi, Yoga, walking groups and a full-time personal trainer A host of scheduled social, recreational, educational, cultural and spiritual programs, including: guest speakers; receptions; field trips; entertainment; games; movies; and a variety of special events.

Map of Orlando Lutheran Towers