Consulate Health Care of Brandon

Reviews of Consulate Health Care of Brandon

Nursing Home Reviews for Consulate Health Care of Brandon

May 26, 2016

By Seniorsdeservebetter

I wish I could give this place a negative rating. I walked in the other day to find my father, who was there to rehab from strokes, was moved from his room to another room. The nurse had no idea where he was moved to. I finally found the room they moved him to. All of his stuff was sitting in bags in the hallway and on the room mates side. I walked past the curtain to find my dad laying half in the bed and half off the bed unable to assist himself hemorrhaging everywhere. The staff was completely unaware he had a medical crisis going on. I called for a nurse to call 911. Her first thought was to call the nursing home doctor instead. I told her to call 911 or I would. In the meantime, their main focus was to try and get him as cleaned up as possible for the fire and rescue showed up because they didn't want anyone to know how badly he bled before they were made aware by ME. HORRIBLE HORRBLE.. I intend to report this facility to the state.

February 21, 2016

By edwardsdeedee

My relative is currently at Consulate Health Care of Brandon. The rooms are small but somewhat clean. I am troubled that the used and dirty bed pans are left stacked on the bathroom sink area where patients have to brush their teeth and wash up. I also witnessed workers cleaning my relative after a bowl movement leaving the soiled nasty linens on the sink top....yuck! Absolutely nasty. We've also had issues with the medicines being given at the proper times and even had missed dosages that were logged in as given but my relative never received the medicine. We complained but I believe if fell on deaf ears. I've have seen a few of these types of facilities and this place is way at the bottom of the list. Some of the workers are alright, most advert their eyes if you look in their direction. It's really sad that you have to entrust your loved ones to people who clearly don't like or do their job well. If you place your family here make sure you are present and vocal.

April 20, 2015

My visit at Consulate was kind of bad. We were assembly lined. There was no individuality. They paired somebody who had dementia with somebody who had no dementia, which is horrible for the person that doesn't have dementia. Some of the staff were great, and some of them were just collecting their paychecks. The rooms seemed clean.

April 19, 2015

My relative stayed at Consulate Health Care of Brandon. The physical therapy people were cool and helpful. They were very pushy, which was good. Some of the nurse staff was not very good. They missed doing things that they should have been doing, e.g., changing bandages everyday. They should make sure that all of the nurses are doing exactly what they should be doing and doing it in a suitable time limit. The rooms were pretty good. However when the gentleman who was staying in the same room with him went to the restroom, the smell sometimes was terrible. As for their food, I tried it, and most of the food was pretty good. The dining room was good; they got on things right away in there, but my relative wasn't allowed to go there. He had to stay in his own room. With regards to security, they had cameras, and they locked the doors at a certain time.

March 25, 2015

By katiee1214

I would not recommend sending anyone you love to this facility. They accepted my father without reviewing his chart and four days later they admitted that they did not have the means to care for his type of injuries. The room was filthy when we arrived, they rarely checked on my father, did not recognize special dietary needs. My fathers roommate had a fecal accident and they let him lie in his soiled clothes and bed for over two hours. Patients were yelling for help and nurses were not responding. I watched one nurse administer a hallway full of patient's medication while on her personal cell phone. Staff was combative about administering the care to my father that he needed. In addition to the absolute disgrace of care, after transferring my father to a new facility two blood clots were found in both legs. It's likely that Consulate Healthcare of Brandon would have killed him by their lack of skills. - I only gave it one star b/c I had to. DO NOT SEND LOVED ONES TO THIS FACILITY

November 13, 2014

By Melissa19

The staff at Consulate Health Care of Brandon was really helpful and very attentive. They gave me a very nice tour of the facility. The atmosphere seemed very pleasant and very nice. The rooms were very clean as well. They have a board on the wall with list of their activities, and they are very good. They have therapy, a hair salon area, and other things. They also have singing and music going on.

October 30, 2013

By Nancy72923950

My husband was in Consulate Health Care for rehab. They were good. They were wonderful people and they did their very best as far as the rehab. He wouldn't have been on his feet again, if I had just taken him home. But like everybody else they were shorthanded. They don't have enough people to take care of them. He might be waiting on them for forty-five minutes after he rang his bell. But when they got to him, he had their undivided attention. We had to be down there with him most of the time and if we were not there, they would have to put him on a chair take him down by the nurse's station as they did with a lot of them. They brought them down there so they could keep an eye on them. He hated it, but he appreciated it when he got home and understood. Their rooms were clean and they really worked hard in keeping that rehab rooms clean. However, they were small. The beds were very uncomfortable, but I could understand that they might have been there for forty years. The beds were so old. The put him on the bed where they could roll down to the floor so if he fell down on the bed, he couldn't manage for himself. The food looked good and it always looked nutritious.

June 05, 2010

By Marysia33

Patients daughter

This place is a NIGHTMARE! They kept my dad there only for $$. The "social worker" Kathy Ward is extremely rude! He got POOR care, lost weight. The alarm pad on his bed to notify employees that he had got up went off multiple times while I was there and NOT ONE person came to see if he was harmed. He was a fall risk going in, but they did NOTHING to prevent another fall. Thank God he did not fall!! Much of his clothes he brought with him disappeared. They took me to the 'laundry room' to look for them, the washer was STUFFED with clothes, there is NO WAY they got cleaned! Absolutely disgusting!! Best advise from me is STAY AWAY FROM THIS HELL-HOLE!!! I wanted to give this place a NO star rating but that was not available.

Services and Amenities of Consulate Health Care of Brandon

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Consulate Health Care of Brandon

Consulate Health Care of Brandon is a senior living provider in Brandon, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Consulate Health Care of Brandon for more details on services and rates.

Map of Consulate Health Care of Brandon