4 Assisted Living Facilities near Baytown, TX
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Baytown area, with 3 in Baytown and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Baytown is $3,080 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 20 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Baytown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Baytown 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include La Porte with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Baytown, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Baytown, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Baytown
Located in the Gulf Coast region of the state, the city of Baytown, Texas features a sizable senior demographic — more than 20 percent of the population is aged 55 and older. Baytown is home to two assisted living facilities with another one in close proximity to town. These facilities are licensed and regulated by Texas Health and Human Services. The facilities provide seniors with a homelike setting complemented by individualized care and assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing and dressing. Staff can also supervise medication assist with meals. Some facilities may be equipped to provide specialized care for individuals with conditions such as a disability or dementia.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Baytown
- Baytown has an array of resources for seniors, including the Baytown Senior Center, which offers dine-out activities, exercise programs, daily lunch, games, Bible study groups, arts and crafts, library services and shopping excursions. Transportation to the center is provided for those seniors in need.
- Seniors living on fixed incomes may be pleased to learn that Baytown’s cost of living index of 86 is considerably lower than the national average, which is 100. This leaves seniors with more money in their personal budgets.
- The Baytown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Altus Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- There are multiple cultural attractions in and around Baytown that seniors may enjoy, including the Art League of Baytown, Baytown Little Theater and Baytown Historical Museum.
- Texas is one of several states that does not tax social security benefits. This allows seniors to retain more funds that may be used to pay assisted living costs.
- Like many cities nationwide, Baytown has a crime issue to contend with. Baytown has an average annual crime rate of 4,092 per 100,000 people. This is above the national average of 2,837. Seniors should take care when traversing the city.
Paying for Assisted Living in Baytown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Baytown start around $3,080 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Baytown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Baytown
Though many states do not currently offer public financial assistance for assisted living care, Texas does. The Community First Choice program is designed to help seniors with disabilities afford services in assisted living facility care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Baytown
Baytown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Baytown, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Baytown
Baytown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Baytown, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Baytown
Review of Swan Manor Assisted Living
Swan Manor looked very clean and very spacious. I have a good friend whose mother was there, and she was very pleased with the property. It looked like a nice facility. I'm looking for someone who ... Read more
Review of The Waterford at Baytown
I visited The Waterford at Baytown and it was very nice. I was only there for a few hours with the tour. There were a lot more staff members there, and there seemed to be more interaction with the ... Read more
Review of The Waterford at Baytown
The Waterford at Baytown was very nice and more upscale than the other places. The rooms were very nice. Nobody was unfriendly at all and they're pretty helpful. They had a lot more activities ther... Read more