The Delaney at South Shore League City, TX

Reviews of The Delaney at South Shore

Assisted Living Reviews for The Delaney at South Shore

June 17, 2018

By Jan

Delaney at South Shore is a new facility and I like it. It's good, friendly, and clean. They serve three meals a day. The person who showed me around was very pleasant and friendly.

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we work to provide the best resident and guest experience each and every day.

Independent Living Reviews for The Delaney at South Shore

February 07, 2021

By florain

My mother lives in independent living at the Delaney at South Shore. When she broke her leg, the staff really stepped up to make her comfortable and to assist in any way possible. Heidi helped me negotiate the ins and outs of Covid shots, coordinating with mother's hospital and physical therapy. Josie helped me manage getting mom back to the Delaney from the nursing care facility, and Dorothy helped mother get back into exercising. The surgeon at the hospital said that thanks to the exercise program at the Delaney, mother was in good physical shape for a 90-year-old and would probably not have any problems recovering and resuming her active lifestyle. Overall, the continued care for their clients and the quality of their service (the food is excellent, Marty), has been a relief to my sister and me. Caring for your parents is not easy, but The Delaney at South Shore has made it much easier for me and my sister.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

January 21, 2021

By Susan

The staff at The Delaney at South Shore is very helpful and very friendly. One of the reasons why we picked this facility is because they have balconies, and we're used to sit outside a lot. The dining area is very nice. We only had one meal there, and it was good. We have just been moving stuff in and out of there and haven't really spent any time there yet. They have a crafts room, bingo and game nights with dominoes and cards. However, they got long hallways between elevators.

Susan, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. Have an awesome day!

January 14, 2021

By Susan

My mother is happy at The Delaney at South Shore. She loves it. She's independent, but they offered for her to go to assisted over there. The staff is really nice. Everybody's nice. I eat there all the time. The food is excellent, and they make accommodations. If she can't come down, they'll bring her food up to her, and they don't charge her any extra. All the staff from the kitchen, the front desk, the maintenance people, everybody there is really nice and very helpful. She's probably gonna end up staying there and going to assisted because she does not want to leave. I can't say enough nice things about the facility. It's beautiful and well-done. The dinners are amazing. It's like gourmet dinners, they cook steak, and they give breakfast, and bring it to my mom's room. They have a very wide selection of things to eat. It's very clean. They have art classes, stretching, bingo, cards, something for everyone, and they make wreaths and flower arrangements. They have parties, but with Covid, they haven't been able to do that as much. Before Covid, they would have football parties, and pizza parties. It was a lot of fun. Her room is nice. It's a 1-bedroom, and she's got a balcony. I've never met people that worked as hard as these people do with all the people there. They're constantly doing stuff. They drive you anywhere, and they make accommodations.

Susan, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We're excited for post Covid activities to resume again soon, too. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

December 20, 2020

By Jane

I'm moving into The Delaney at South Shore. I like everything. It's fairly new, it's only 2 years old, and everybody is very welcoming. It's like a hotel and when you go into the main door, there are two different sliding doors. The lobby has very high ceilings, and it's like a hotel lobby. It's very spacious. There's a bistro where you can have a sandwich or coffee, and there are lots of little sitting areas with comfortable chairs, a fireplace on the right, and there's a formal dining room. If you go out the doors, there are gardens, flowers and rocking chairs. It's very lovely. The staff was wonderful, and she's still in touch with me. She's been so helpful and called me and gone out of her way to help me get ready to move. She's just delightful and very good. I haven't eaten in the dining room, but the sandwich I had was great.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, Jane! We appreciate your review!

September 17, 2020

By RICK AND JANE M.

Our Dad was a resident in the Independent living. He loved the facility. The staff was excellent. They were friendly, caring, compassionate and treated you like family. Our Dad loved living there. It opened up a new chapter of his life where he was able to socialize and meet new friends. He loved having dinner with his friends, the ice cream socials, in house singing groups, birthday parties and more all while maintaining his ability to come and go as he pleased. He still enjoyed his privacy in his own 1 bedroom apartment which was very nice. Thank you to the staff and Delaney friends for making our Dad feel special.

May 25, 2020

By Reviewer05112020a

My mom is in independent living now at The Delaney at South Shore. It is excellent. Her apartment is beautiful. The staff members are very kind, very helpful, and welcoming. The food is good. I can't say much about the activities because they shut everything down due to the virus. It looks like a resort. Everything is very nice.

Thank you for this kind review! We are so proud of our team and the true excitement they have to serve our residents. During this challenging time, we are finding ways to be creative in proving fun opportunities for activities while still abiding by CDC guidelines to ensure the safety and well being of all residents and staff. They do look very different, but we are loving the challenge to get creative in how we connect with our residents right now. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback!

Memory Care Reviews for The Delaney at South Shore

Costs for The Delaney at South Shore

Photos of The Delaney at South Shore

Services and Amenities of The Delaney at South Shore

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: Pending

About The Delaney at South Shore

Experience Retirement Community Living Unlike Any Other at The Delaney at South Shore

This is all-new, carefree lifestyle is now open and welcoming residents. The Delaney at South Shore will offer seniors a modern aesthetic that’s nothing like a traditional retirement community. In addition to maintenance-free independent living apartment residences, Hamlets at The Delaney offers a supportive lifestyle for assistance with daily living and an enhanced lifestyle with dedicated memory care. Three lifestyles. One perfect for you – or someone you love.

Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care for Alzheimer’s and Dementia

For those who prefer the freedom of an independent lifestyle, residents enjoy stylish, private maintenance-free senior apartment residences. Plus, the on-site neighborhoods of Hamlets at The Delaney offer residents a Supportive Lifestyle for assistance with daily living and an Enhanced Lifestyle with dedicated memory care for individuals with Alzheimer’s or other dementias. Three lifestyles. One perfect for you—or someone you love.

Our Mission and Vision

Our vision can be summed up in our name. “Delaney” is a French derivation of the surname deAunou, meaning ‘of an alder grove.’ The roots of alder trees actually improve the soil around them. They’re not just a part of the landscape; they make the landscape better. It’s a symbiotic relationship similar, in its own way, to our retirement community and the environment we’re creating for those who live in and around it. We’re striving to make lives better—to help people flourish and thrive at The Delaney.

Our mission is just as clear. The Delaney at South Shore strives to be the choice in the League City area for retirees seeking complete freedom to be as independent as they want to be in a casual atmosphere that feels like a well-appointed home. In addition to residential senior apartments for independent living, the on-site neighborhoods of Hamlets at The Delaney offer families a reliable choice for loved ones in need of supportive assistance with the activities of daily living or enhanced memory support for Alzheimer’s and other dementias. It’s a continuum of care designed to provide priceless peace of mind for today and tomorrow.

The Delaney at South Shore is convenient to downtown Houston, NASA’s Johnson Space Center and the beaches of historic Galveston Island. Opportunities for golf, running and walking trails, parks, gardens and other outdoor activities abound. For health and well-being, you’ll find nearby options such as UTMB Health League City Campus Hospital, Houston Methodist St. John Hospital, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center and Houston Physicians’ Hospital.

Map of The Delaney at South Shore