The Waterford at Baytown

Reviews of The Waterford at Baytown

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at Baytown

July 17, 2018

By Sammy

The Waterford at Baytown has a lot of activities and their activity calendar was pretty full. I was pleased with the programs they set up for the residents. The facility was just reopened, so it's brand new. There wasn't anything not to like. I liked everything they offered.

March 29, 2017

By Maurice236185

My mother has moved into The Waterford at Baytown. They do a very good job there. Their apartments are a little on the small size, but the place is very clean. The room that my mother took had been freshly painted and has a good view of a really nice courtyard. The staff has gone out of their way to be extremely professional, very receptive, and very encouraging. I ate one of the meals with my mother while she was considering what place to go to, and they have a variety of choices on their menu. It is not just a fixed menu, which I thought that was very good. The food was excellent. The security is adequate. They automatically lock all their doors at 9:00, and you have to have a password to get in. My impression is that they monitor suppliers for their facility pretty well.

Maurice236185, we're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!

December 29, 2016

By Manases

The Waterford at Baytown looked like one of those skilled nursing places in an older building and didn’t look too appealing. I didn’t feel comfortable in there. The staff that assisted me was very nice. We didn’t see many residents. The room looked basic with nothing spectacular about it. I wasn’t too happy about it. It doesn’t look like somewhere to go and enjoy the rest of your life because it had a hospital look.

Manases, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. We would love to have you back to see all the great positive changes that have been made since your last visit.

November 24, 2016

By Linda166817

The Waterford at Baytown was a nice, clean place, and it seemed to be well-maintained. It was very pleasant. The place was quite accessible, and the grounds were nice and maintained well. They have people who come in on a regular basis to trim the grass and shrubs, and they have a nice area behind it.

Linda166817, your satisfaction is our top priority.

September 01, 2016

By Ronnie003173

I placed my mother in The Waterford at Baytown. It is close to family. I don't have any complaints whatsover. It is clean and smells clean. The staff is great. As far as I know, the food is good. I haven’t heard any complaints from my mother. They have a TV room, movie nights, and different things for them to do.

Ronnie003173, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We are blessed you have chosen us and hope to always earn your five star rating!! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

November 30, 2015

By Curtis11

The Waterford At Baytown looks real nice. They have everything fixed up on the outside of the apartments. But this is more expensive than the one we visited. The staff were very helpful. They sat down with us and ran down everything. They showed us some rooms. They were very professional. The entire facility is clean. I like the way they were able to fix up the rooms on the outside of the door. There are rocking chairs on the big space outside the apartment door, so the residents can actually stay there if they want to.

November 30, 2015

Miss Elsa of The Waterford at Baytown was very accommodating. It just wasn’t what my dad needs at that point. A couple of years ago would have been an ideal place for him. The facility was amazing. The dining room was really nice and clean.

November 18, 2015

By aggrevated

Other

You would expect so much better care for the money, but that is not the case. Medications are not well accounted for and leaves you wondering what else they don't pay attention to. Not a lot of "assistance" here. I give them one star for having the cost of cable included in their inflated pricing for minimal care. There billing and accounting are something that requires close attention. They can't seem to get that right either. They have especially gone down hill since the changed ownership. Just noticed, they won't let you pick a negative screen name either.

Hi Aggrevated, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your last experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit and have made additional efforts to implement positive changes. I believe if you visited the community now, you would see all the great things occurring at Waterford at Baytown.

October 04, 2015

By Terry42142350

I was very impressed with the Waterford at Baytown. The rooms actually had little kitchenettes in them, so that was really nice -- fridge, stove, and microwave included. The people were very nice; I stayed there a long time touring and talking to them. The dining area was very nicely decorated.

February 11, 2015

By Pamela28

Remington Park Baytown was very good with him. But we wound up having to hire somebody to be with him 24/7 because he didn't want to be alone. They provided that person from their staff, and it was very good for him. They were very friendly to the family. They were very accommodating and very responsive to his needs. The person that sat with him helped him with everything. They have a wonderful dining room. They have a church activity, bingo, and movie nights. I just remember those three because I happen to be there. One side of it actually is full assisted living for people have had stroke or has Alzheimer's. These are the people who need help a lot. The other side is assisted living only if you needed it. It is more independent living. Once we got dad someone to sit with him 24/7, he moved back over to independent living. He didn't need anybody to check on him every two hours because he has someone with him all the time.

December 13, 2014

Remington Park was really nice. My mom got to stay there for about a week and a half. It’s like an apartment setting; they let you bring your own furniture in to make you feel at home. They serve good meals. The staff was good. It so happened that my brother-in-law’s mother was there, and my mother had interacted with her, so that made it good for a while.

March 21, 2014

By concerned csm

My late Aunt was placed there against her will and when I arrived with a court order placing me as her Guardian I was denied visitation with my Aunt. I was also not allowed to remove my Aunt as per the court order I had to take them to court to get them to release her. They were rude to me and refused to acknowledge the court order. I would definitely not recommend them. It was as if they kept my Aunt prisoner.

Concerned Csm, we work hard to provide a fantastic experience to everyone. It's discouraging to see that you had a negative experience. We have made some positive changes over the last several years and work hard to ensure our residents and families are well taken care of. We would love another opportunity to visit, if that would be possible.

December 01, 2013

Remington Park Baytown was a really nice place. The place was homey. It’s convenient to our doctors, hospitals and closest to us. The staff were really great. They were very helpful, outgoing and talked to us a lot in making decisions. They have an on duty medical technician in case you need somebody that has access to the hospital. They have different apartments with one or two bedrooms. They have an Alzheimer’s unit a little separate from the others. They made it clean, supplied the meals and had transportation service to doctors. The food was very good too. It’s not so structured, and you don’t have to be there around 7:30am for breakfast or lunch, they have free selected hours. They have an exercise room and all activities going on all day. I think this is the place we will go to. We found what we needed.

October 07, 2012

By misbighead

They could have been more clean, had more things to do in the home for the residents, and the nurses could have a little more patience. The people at the front desk were always helpful and very nice. My father seemed to be comfortable here and the nurses did an outstanding job.

Hi Misbighead, we regret your most recent visit with us was not up to the standards we strive for. We have made positive changes in our clinical department and feel that the care we provide is top notch. We would welcome another opportunity to make a better impression.

January 06, 2012

By FaithfulBaytownResident

When I visited this nursing facility, it was to volunteer. Upon entering, I was cordially greeted by a member of the staff and shown a quick tour of the place. The staff was very friendly and I met many of the nurses and many of the patients. My volunteer duty was to spend time with some of the elderly people and entertain them as best I could. Along the way, besides meeting some very friendly and interesting people, I learned much about Remington Park. Apparently, the staff is always very friendly. Additionally, it was a very clean place with very attentive staff and the people who lived there never felt marginalized or ignored. The amenities, including the food and and sleeping arrangements, were top notch. Also, there were many activities for everyone to participate in. Since that time, I've volunteered more, and each time I've felt welcome and even inspired to spend more time there. The people, including the staff and residents, seemed happy with their choice to stay there.

Faithfulbaytownresident, we really appreciate your feedback!

September 10, 2011

By Cappcole

In March of 2010 my grandma went to stay in the facilities at Remington Park. When I first visited her I noticed the lack of help I received in locating her. The staff seemed to be not very well organised and did not welcome or offer to help guest. When I finally got a nurse to point me to her unit I had to find the unit myself. She seemed to be generally happy with the conditions though she was upset at minor things. Her medication was given to her on time but her comfort level was not what it should of been. We had to provide her with a television and cable. She complained sometimes that the food was bad. The beds did not appear to be suitable for the amount of time and money spent. The nurses were very friendly but the rest of the staff did not seem to open for conversation. Her clothing was and general health were as expected but she did not have proper activities to keep her occupied or entertained during her stay. I saw no security or camera but it does not mean they were not present. I did however feel the lack supervision for the facility was not very professional for the amount of money that was paid. The price was outrageous for the the care provided but I guess it could of been much worse. Overall I would say minor things about this facility need to be looked at and addressed but the care provided was decent. The halls and bathrooms appeared to be very neat and clean. The recreation room appeared to be full of people who were doing many activities and enjoying there stay.

Cappcole, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We regret that you had a negative experience, and will use this as an opportunity to improve.

Independent Living Reviews for The Waterford at Baytown

September 09, 2020

By Jeremy

This is a beautiful community. The staff is so kind and really go above the call of duty. If you want a place that is clean and safe, this is the place for you!

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

Memory Care Reviews for The Waterford at Baytown

Questions about The Waterford at Baytown

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All staff at The Waterford at Baytown are required to have monthly training for resident care and community safety. We utilized Relias online training in addition to in person classroom instruction. In addition to staff training, Magnolia Trails staff receive specialized training regarding our Magnolia Trails Program.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Waterford at Baytown. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

There is a broad range of ages at The Waterford at Baytown where our youngest is 62 and our more seasoned is closer to 95 and everyone in-between. Our favorite activities include Adventure Monday and Lunch Bunch. On Adventure Mondays, we go on adventures: Naskila Gaming, Astros Game, local Vineyard, where ever our residents chose to go. We also love playing cards and games, especially Skip-Bo, 42 Dominoes, Mexican Train, Bingo and much more. We love happy hour were we have selection of adult beverages, mock-tails, and hors d'oeuvre by Chef Robert.

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Baytown offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Waterford at Baytown has a very exciting and busy activities schedule every day. We have at least 2 outings per week. Adventure Mondays focus on fun. This is when we go on adventures: Naskila Gaming, Astros Game, local Vineyard, wherever our residents chose to go. Every Wednesday we have lunch out (the residents choose the restaurant). We love watching movies per week in our Theater (residents choose the movies from Netflix or DVD), we have bingo several days per week, and lots and lots of other games, like Skip Bo, Chicken Foot, Uno, Mexican Train, 42 Dominoes, Farkle, Clue, Family Feud, and many more games. Also, we have a walking club, daily exercise and a fitness center for those residents who like to stay in shape!

What places are near The Waterford at Baytown or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Immediately behind The Waterford at Baytown is Allenbrook Park. We have direct access through a security gate that provides our residents access for Walking Club. Baker Road Baptist Church and St. John's Catholic Church are directly across the street. If you don't want to walk to church, our shuttle will take you on Sundays. Just sign up at the front desk. Luby's is just two doors down. We encourage all residents to join Activity Chat each month. That is where the residents pick their Adventure Monday destinations, Lunch Bunch restaurants and shopping trips.

What transportation services does The Waterford at Baytown offer to assisted living residents?

We have many fun and exciting social trips to choose from every month, but we also have transportation to and from the doctors office, (in Baytown area) on Tuesday's and Thursday's every week! Transportation arrangements can be made at the front desk. If transportation is needed any other day of the week, please contact the Executive Director to verify driver availability.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Baytown exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Chef Robert develops menus based off of resident preferences. All residents are invited to attend Food Counsel and participate in menu planning. Even though we have something different on the menu every day, we offer our "Always Available", restaurant style menu options. Servers will great you and provide excellent restaurant quality service to you and your guests. You are welcome to have family and friends dine with you for only $7 per meal.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Baytown offer to assisted living residents?

Wireless call system with a pendant transmitters provided to each resident. Summons assistance by activating pendant. Back up system in every restroom with a wall mounted devise. Handrails by each commode. Handrails in every shower. Built in shower seats in assisted living.

If The Waterford at Baytown accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The Waterford at Baytown is a pet friendly community. All pets must be on a lease or in a carrier when out of their apartment. Currently, we have one dog, five cats and one bird living with their humans. We don't charge pet rent, but do have a small non-refundable pet move in fee. We have a beautiful courtyard garden, perfect for walking a dog. Pet waste does need to be removed promptly. Our staff can provide pet care three times a day for an additional charge.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Waterford at Baytown. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age at The Waterford at Baytown (Assisted Living) is 82 years young. Our favorite activities include Adventure Monday and Lunch Bunch. On Adventure Mondays, we go on adventures: Naskila Gaming, Astros Game, local Vineyard, where ever our residents chose to go. We also love playing cards and games, especially Skip-Bo, 42 Dominoes, Mexican Train, Bingo and much more. We love happy hour were we have selection of adult beverages, mock-tails, and hors d'oeuvre by Chef Robert.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Immediately behind The Waterford at Baytown is Allenbrook Park. We have direct access through a security gate that provides our residents access for Walking Club. Baker Road Baptist Church and St. John's Catholic Church are directly accross the street. If you don't want to walk to church, our shuttle will take you on Sundays. Just sign up at the front desk. Luby's is just two doors down. We encourage all residents to join Activity Chat each month. That is where the residents pick their Adventure Monday destinations, Lunch Bunch resturaunts and shopping trips.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Waterford at Baytown has organized?

On Adventure Mondays, we go on adventures: Naskila Gaming, Astros Game, local Vineyard, Galveston Sea Wall and Strand or where ever our residents chose to go. We let the residents decide where to go for Adventure Monday and Lunch Bunch each month in our Activity Chat each month.

What transportation services does The Waterford at Baytown offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Baytown exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

All of our marvelous common areas are available to The Waterford at Baytown Independent Living Residents and their guests.. Grand Room, Dining Room, Library, Computer Area, Beauty Salon, Movie Theater, Day Room, and Main Lobby.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Baytown offer to independent living residents?

Wireless call system with a pendant transmitters provided to each resident. If there is an emergancy staff will respond when the pendent is activated. Back up system in every restroom with a wall mounted devise. Walk-in showers in each unit. Fire and sprinkler systems professionally monitored.

Does The Waterford at Baytown work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

The Waterford at Baytown has some very trusted third-party providers. Our favorite provider leases office space in our fitness center and offers Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy to all of our residents either in the gym or in the comfort of their apartment.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Baytown provide to protect residents who wander?

Our secure Magnolia Trails Memory Care Neighborhood is designed to keep residents occupied in a safe environment. Even thought the neighborhood is secure keeping residents safe on the inside, we encourage lots of family support and visits in and outside of our community.

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Baytown offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our approach is a unique one. Our caregivers go beyond the typical management of dementia to work with families and their loved ones’ health care providers to care for the whole person—mind, body and spirit. We spend a lot of time getting to know your loved one so we can tailor the days to meet them where they are in the moment. From daily interactions and activities to the environment and food, your loved one drives every aspect of the experience we provide.

Our Magnolia Trails Director conducts an initial assessment using family interviews, resident interviews, and physician's documentation. We complete these assessments every six months or as needed to make sure our staff have the most current information on how to care for our residents in their ever changing world.

What techniques does The Waterford at Baytown use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

The 5th Pillar of Magnolia Trails is "Providing Food and Nutrition". We believe a lot of the moments that matter most happen around the table. That’s why our dining program focuses on proper nutrition, dignity and a welcoming environment. We provide fresh ideas for food choices, seating options and atmosphere, and we are dedicated to ensuring your loved one receives healthy, nourishing meals and snacks to optimize their health.

How does The Waterford at Baytown keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Pillar Five of Magnolia Trails is "Making Family Connections". We are in this journey with you. Along the way, we are committed to providing family members with tool kits and guides to help you understand dementia and the care that is needed. You can count on ongoing collaboration and consistent communication regarding your loved one’s care.

Describe the neighborhood around The Waterford at Baytown. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Waterford at Baytown is on Baker Road. We have two churches across the street who minister to our residents. Behind us is Allenbook Park and beyond that residential living.

Is The Waterford at Baytown affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Our residents can chose what hospital they use for non-emergencies. EMS/911 services will only transport to the nearest - San Jacinto/Houston Methodist. Lucky for us we are on the same power grid as the hospital. We did not lose power in the 2021 Ice Storm.

Photos of The Waterford at Baytown

• Occupational Therapy
  • Range Of Services Extra: None

Payment options

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Medicare Covers Many Third Party Vendors (Home Health Nurse, Therapy, Doctor Visits, Medications, Medical Equipment

• State Licenses: 030032A & 030041B

About The Waterford at Baytown

Discover convenient services and compassionate care at The Waterford at Baytown in Baytown, TX, a charming and close-knit city located on Texas’ scenic Gulf Coast. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. Featuring unique amenities including a beautifully landscaped courtyard, large patio balcony overlooking our courtyard and 300-gallon freshwater aquarium, our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community is the perfect place to socialize with family members, spend time practicing hobbies and bond with neighbors. Spacious apartments offer features designed to make residents feel right at home, including versatile floor plans, walk-in showers, emergency call buttons and cable TV access. Shared community features include a movie theater and media room, fitness center with hydrotherapy tub, elegant dining room and outdoor gazebo perfect for enjoying a picnic lunch or catching up on reading. When residents want to get out and about, scheduled courtesy transportation is available to the area’s many restaurants and shopping centers as well as to popular attractions including the Baytown Historical Museum and Baytown Nature Center. Our community is staffed 24 hours a day by knowledgeable staff members, and The Waterford at Baytown is proud to feature a full calendar of activities and social programs to offer our residents a rewarding, enriching lifestyle while residing at our senior living community in Baytown, TX.

Fitness Center with Hydrotherapy tub - Theatre/ Media room - Large Chapel with a private sitting room - Boutique - Two Full Service Salons - 300 gallon fresh water aquarium - Multiple laundry rooms on each floor

Map of The Waterford at Baytown