The Waterford at Baytown

Reviews of The Waterford at Baytown

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at Baytown

October 04, 2015

By Terry42142350

I was very impressed with the Waterford at Baytown. The rooms actually had little kitchenettes in them, so that was really nice -- fridge, stove, and microwave included. The people were very nice; I stayed there a long time touring and talking to them. The dining area was very nicely decorated.

February 11, 2015

By Pamela28

Remington Park Baytown was very good with him. But we wound up having to hire somebody to be with him 24/7 because he didn't want to be alone. They provided that person from their staff, and it was very good for him. They were very friendly to the family. They were very accommodating and very responsive to his needs. The person that sat with him helped him with everything. They have a wonderful dining room. They have a church activity, bingo, and movie nights. I just remember those three because I happen to be there. One side of it actually is full assisted living for people have had stroke or has Alzheimer's. These are the people who need help a lot. The other side is assisted living only if you needed it. It is more independent living. Once we got dad someone to sit with him 24/7, he moved back over to independent living. He didn't need anybody to check on him every two hours because he has someone with him all the time.

December 13, 2014

Remington Park was really nice. My mom got to stay there for about a week and a half. It’s like an apartment setting; they let you bring your own furniture in to make you feel at home. They serve good meals. The staff was good. It so happened that my brother-in-law’s mother was there, and my mother had interacted with her, so that made it good for a while.

March 21, 2014

By concerned csm

My late Aunt was placed there against her will and when I arrived with a court order placing me as her Guardian I was denied visitation with my Aunt. I was also not allowed to remove my Aunt as per the court order I had to take them to court to get them to release her. They were rude to me and refused to acknowledge the court order. I would definitely not recommend them. It was as if they kept my Aunt prisoner.

December 01, 2013

Remington Park Baytown was a really nice place. The place was homey. It’s convenient to our doctors, hospitals and closest to us. The staff were really great. They were very helpful, outgoing and talked to us a lot in making decisions. They have an on duty medical technician in case you need somebody that has access to the hospital. They have different apartments with one or two bedrooms. They have an Alzheimer’s unit a little separate from the others. They made it clean, supplied the meals and had transportation service to doctors. The food was very good too. It’s not so structured, and you don’t have to be there around 7:30am for breakfast or lunch, they have free selected hours. They have an exercise room and all activities going on all day. I think this is the place we will go to. We found what we needed.

October 07, 2012

By misbighead

They could have been more clean, had more things to do in the home for the residents, and the nurses could have a little more patience. The people at the front desk were always helpful and very nice. My father seemed to be comfortable here and the nurses did an outstanding job.

January 06, 2012

By FaithfulBaytownResident

When I visited this nursing facility, it was to volunteer. Upon entering, I was cordially greeted by a member of the staff and shown a quick tour of the place. The staff was very friendly and I met many of the nurses and many of the patients. My volunteer duty was to spend time with some of the elderly people and entertain them as best I could. Along the way, besides meeting some very friendly and interesting people, I learned much about Remington Park. Apparently, the staff is always very friendly. Additionally, it was a very clean place with very attentive staff and the people who lived there never felt marginalized or ignored. The amenities, including the food and and sleeping arrangements, were top notch. Also, there were many activities for everyone to participate in. Since that time, I've volunteered more, and each time I've felt welcome and even inspired to spend more time there. The people, including the staff and residents, seemed happy with their choice to stay there.

September 10, 2011

By Cappcole

In March of 2010 my grandma went to stay in the facilities at Remington Park. When I first visited her I noticed the lack of help I received in locating her. The staff seemed to be not very well organised and did not welcome or offer to help guest. When I finally got a nurse to point me to her unit I had to find the unit myself. She seemed to be generally happy with the conditions though she was upset at minor things. Her medication was given to her on time but her comfort level was not what it should of been. We had to provide her with a television and cable. She complained sometimes that the food was bad. The beds did not appear to be suitable for the amount of time and money spent. The nurses were very friendly but the rest of the staff did not seem to open for conversation. Her clothing was and general health were as expected but she did not have proper activities to keep her occupied or entertained during her stay. I saw no security or camera but it does not mean they were not present. I did however feel the lack supervision for the facility was not very professional for the amount of money that was paid. The price was outrageous for the the care provided but I guess it could of been much worse. Overall I would say minor things about this facility need to be looked at and addressed but the care provided was decent. The halls and bathrooms appeared to be very neat and clean. The recreation room appeared to be full of people who were doing many activities and enjoying there stay.

Questions about The Waterford at Baytown

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Baytown offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Waterford at Baytown has a very exciting and busy activities schedule everyday. We have at least 3 outings per week. Monday we have 'Quick Errands', where we take residents to the bank, post office, cleaners, or where ever they may need to go, every Wednesday we have lunch out (the residents choose the restaurant), and every Friday there is a shopping trip. We have 3 movies per week in our Theater (residents choose the movies from Netflix), we have bingo several days per week, and lots and lots of other games, like Skip Bo, Chicken Foot, Uno, Mexican Train, Farkle, Clue, Family Fued, and many more games. We have a breakfast out once a month, a trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream, and a monthly trip to Starbuck's. Also, we have a walking club for those residents who like to stay in shape!

What transportation services does The Waterford at Baytown offer to assisted living residents?

We have many fun and exciting social trips to choose from every month, but we also have transportation to and from the doctors office, (in Baytown area) on Tuesday's and Thursday's every week!

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Baytown exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Restaurant style menu's.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Baytown offer to assisted living residents?

New wireless call system with a pendant transmitters.

How does The Waterford at Baytown keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Weekly emails and phone calls from our Wellness Director.

If The Waterford at Baytown accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a pet friendly community!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All staff at The Waterford at Baytown are required to have monthly training for resident care and community safety.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Baytown provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secured Memory Care unit and we are a gated community.

Photos of The Waterford at Baytown

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 5

About The Waterford at Baytown

Discover convenient services and compassionate care at The Waterford at Baytown in Baytown, TX, a charming and close-knit city located on Texas’ scenic Gulf Coast. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. Featuring unique amenities including a beautifully landscaped courtyard, large patio balcony overlooking our courtyard and 300-gallon freshwater aquarium, our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care community is the perfect place to socialize with family members, spend time practicing hobbies and bond with neighbors. Spacious apartments offer features designed to make residents feel right at home, including versatile floor plans, walk-in showers, emergency call buttons and cable TV access. Shared community features include a movie theater and media room, fitness center with hydrotherapy tub, elegant dining room and outdoor gazebo perfect for enjoying a picnic lunch or catching up on reading. When residents want to get out and about, scheduled courtesy transportation is available to the area’s many restaurants and shopping centers as well as to popular attractions including the Baytown Historical Museum and Baytown Nature Center. Our community is staffed 24 hours a day by knowledgeable staff members, and The Waterford at Baytown is proud to feature a full calendar of activities and social programs to offer our residents a rewarding, enriching lifestyle while residing at our senior living community in Baytown, TX.

Fitness Center with Hydrotherapy tub - Theatre/ Media room - Large Chapel with a private sitting room - Boutique - Two Full Service Salons - 300 gallon fresh water aquarium - Multiple laundry rooms on each floor

Map of The Waterford at Baytown