The Park At Bay Area

Reviews of The Park At Bay Area

Assisted Living Reviews for The Park At Bay Area

December 05, 2020

By Karen

The Park at Bay Area was expensive, but it's new. They only had ten residents, so they had everybody locked down in the memory side of it. He would not have been allowed to go out even in the courtyard by himself and I did not want him to feel that restricted. The whole atmosphere seemed very cold to me. It didn't seem like a homey type environment. It seemed almost more medical, especially with them having everybody locked down on the memory care side right now. I was not impressed with that. They only took us on the assisted living. They could open the door, but you didn't really get to see a lot. Everything's locked down. Everything's socially distanced with the dining rooms and all that. This is a bad time to be doing this. The nurse who accommodated me was nice, friendly, and very forthcoming. They're looking to hire staff, which was a little concerning to me too. I didn't get a good homey feeling there. It felt more like a medical nursing home type facility to me.

Hi Karen, Thank you for visiting The Park at Bay Area. All feedback that is given to us we use to better our community, so we appreciate that. With Covid 19 and State and Federal guidelines, we are forced to follow strict guidelines regarding tours, visitors, etc. Residents are free to walk the halls as well as go outside to the courtyard whenever they like. We are required to monitor residents for fall precautions or for assistance of any kind. We take every precaution to ensure the safety of our residents as well as our staff. We appreciate you considering us for your family members needs, and hope you would consider us in the future.

September 23, 2020

By Teresa Provis

I toured this facility for a friend. I was very pleased with the friendliness of the staff. The facility was very well laid out for handicapped accessibility for the residents. The food was excellent. My friend did choose to become a resident and she states it is excellent. She feels she is getting excellent care there and the staff is wonderful. And most of all she loves the Activity Director

Memory Care Reviews for The Park At Bay Area

Questions about The Park At Bay Area

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our staff received 12 hours a year additional training in Memory Care.

What places are near The Park At Bay Area or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have a convenience store right across the street, as well as a Walgreens and an HEB less than 1/4 mile up the road.

What transportation services does The Park At Bay Area offer to assisted living residents?

We offer wheelchair transport, non emergency to and from MD appointments.

What safety features or security measures does The Park At Bay Area offer to assisted living residents?

We have a pendant call system, we also incorporate a secured memory care unit.

How does The Park At Bay Area keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We contact our families on a weekly, sometimes daily basis. We also have portal station where families can speak with and see their loved ones.

If The Park At Bay Area accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have outside courtyards, 1 on our Memory Care side, and 1 on our Assisted Living side. We also offer a large back yard in our community.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We have monthly in-services for our staff members, as well as 12 additional hours of training for our Executive Director.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have 1 floor attendant, and 1 medication attendant from 6 AM-10 PM, we also have a shower aid/laundry aid part time as well. Then 1 med attendant and 1 floor attendant from 10 PM-6 AM

What safety features or security measures does The Park At Bay Area provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Memory Care side is secured, we also offer a wander guard system for residents.

Describe the neighborhood around The Park At Bay Area. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located within a residential neighborhood, grocery stores and drug stores are less than a mile from the community.

Costs for The Park At Bay Area

Photos of The Park At Bay Area

Services and Amenities of The Park At Bay Area

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: 307855, 104746

About The Park At Bay Area

A Sense of Community, Value and Tradition

The Park at Bay Area offers both assisted living and memory care support in a beautiful Enhanced Assisted Living Facility, that fosters a strong sense of community in a place that feels familiar. Residents have access to private backyard areas, gardens, walking paths, a home theater that is perfect for relaxing and reading, and living spaces that feel like home. The Park at Bay Area is committed to offering the best value for older adults who want to remain in the Southeast Area, minutes from family, shopping and Galveston. As a mid-size senior living community, The Park at Bay Area offers residents, both private and shared accommodations.

We embrace and appreciate the opportunity to care for your loved one. Here are some of our amenities:

• Superior Quality Care and Attention
  • Hair and Nail Salon
  • Enclosed Courtyards with Walking Paths
  • All Utilities Paid including Phone, Cable, WiFi
  • Competitive Pricing

Come see what makes us different!

Our community is vibrant, warm and welcoming! Every room has a courtyard view!

Map of The Park At Bay Area