St. Dominic Village

Reviews of St. Dominic Village

Assisted Living Reviews for St. Dominic Village

May 10, 2016

By DPVLQKQ

I put my stepson in St. Dominic Village. The food is good. My son has his own television and a bright, private room that he likes. They have activities like all senior places do, like bingo and outings. I am just very impressed with all of the personnel. The nurses are great. The environment is lovely.

April 20, 2015

By Daisy14

I am very pleased with St Dominic. First, it is close to my home so I can visit my brother any time. Also, my brother likes the place. He is very pleased with the place, so as long as he is happy, we are happy. We don't have any complaints with the services. They were able to provide anything that we asked for. For all of the holidays, they always have some little activities to make it very festive for the people who live there.

December 22, 2014

By concerned catholic

Should get zero stars. They messed up Mom's meds frequently, lose her clothing, leave her naked in the shower for an hour. Now, they have started charging for everything from giving a pill to changing a light bulb, laundry, bathing....all of which was covered. No discussion, no notice, no justification. Added over $500 to my mother's monthly bill of $4300.

July 01, 2011

By Reviewer1

St. Dominic Village has been around for quite awhile, and the facility is largely run through the Archdiocese of Houston. They are located smack-dab in the middle of the medical center in Houston, where there are a lot of good hospitals, so that's a great location. The facility itself offers a lot of programs and services to residents. One staff member that I talked to said they provide 24-hour care, including nursing. They set up seasonal holiday parties for the residents, and they have fitness workshops for the residents. They also host a lot of different cultural activities. They provide three meals and nutritious snacks throughout the day. I didn't taste the food, but it looked well-prepared. The snacks are generally something like fruit salad. The grounds are well-kept, and there's great access for parking. They're also located on a bus line. They're a fairly expensive facility "“ it starts somewhere around $2000/month, and goes to about $5000/month. The residents have nice sized rooms "“ probably 12 by 12.

Independent Living Reviews for St. Dominic Village

December 19, 2018

By SHE345

St. Dominic Village is nice and quiet on a large piece of property with a lot of trees. Everything is quiet and clean. The rooms are more like independent living, but there’s no kitchen, so it might be for people that are not as independent and don’t want to cook. It’s like a large bedroom with a separate sitting area where somebody could watch TV or sit on a small couch.

December 06, 2018

By Raleigh

I visited St. Dominic Village, which is a Catholic community, and I was very impressed. The lady who gave me the tour gave me all the information I needed. They have a very impressive community. They have meals catered by Luby's, which is very good. They're very professional and I wouldn't mind living there. It's an established senior community. It used to be a college and they converted it to what it is now. It has a large campus and it's secure. Being a Catholic community, they have a large chapel and a lot of religious services. I'm not Catholic, but that doesn't really matter. They have an outdoor space for people who are interested in gardening and indoor activities. The place was very clean.

December 03, 2018

By Yvonne

We were given a tour of St. Dominic Village. The staff was great. The facility was clean and had a family atmosphere to it. Family members can visit. It's like an apartment, and the price was reasonable. The staff was very knowledgeable about the caring industry and aware of the importance of family involvement. The assistant director who took us for the tour explained to us about the role of the staff for the patients' care. My ex-husband is a veteran and it's three blocks from the VA, so he could have quick access to VA services.

November 01, 2018

By BP

St. Dominic Village wasn't for me. They had a studio apartment, which was very dark and closed-in. I can't live in that because I need space and light apartment. The staff was wonderful. They had a library and an exercise room. It really wasn't for anybody who's active.

Nursing Home Reviews for St. Dominic Village

Costs for St. Dominic Village

Photos of St. Dominic Village

Services and Amenities of St. Dominic Village

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Golf
  • Features Extra: Community Rooms, On Site Rehabilitation Center, Chapel

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Recreation And Entertainment Programming, Computer Class, Cookie&Coffee Social

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Occupational Therapy
  • Range Of Services Extra: 24 Hour Front Desk Assistance, Restorative Therapy, 24 Hour Nursing Care

• State Licenses: LNF-005174

About St. Dominic Village

Founded in 1975, St. Dominic Village is a faith-based, non-profit, continuing care retirement community dedicated to Caring for Our Elders with the Compassion of Christ. St. Dominic Village is a member of the Texas Medical Center and a ministry of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston. We provide a seamless continuum of care comprised of short-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing care, assisted living, independent living, the Joseph A. Fiorenza Priest Residence and respite care services including Angel House. Angel House provides housing for individuals and their families who are in need of an affordable, safe environment while receiving treatment at the Texas Medical Center. We strive to provide a welcoming home with the very highest standard of care to each of our residents according to his or her needs, regardless of race or creed, while celebrating and promoting each one's inherent, personal dignity. We serve approximately 300 long-term and 300 short-term residents, and 3,000 Angel House guests, each year.

Independent Living Features

• Nutrition Counseling
  • Luby's, etc. Dining
  • Exercise Programs
  • Recreation and Entertainment Programming
  • Access to a choice of home health agencies
  • Scheduled courtesy transportation

• Weekly Housekeeping & Laundry
  • Community Rooms
  • On-site Rehabilitation Center
  • Transportation Assistance to Medical Appointments
  • Daily Mass (either in person or on television)

We are Houston's only Catholic Retirement community!

Map of St. Dominic Village