Brookdale Galleria

Reviews of Brookdale Galleria

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Galleria

December 27, 2013

By Trista

I toured the Hampton at Post Oak. Their rooms were nice and the people there are really friendly. They actually helped me find a hospice for mom. It's also closer to my house. It just so happened that it didn't work for us because when it was time to move my dad to an assisted living, they didn't have the room with a big bath available. Dad uses an electric scooter and he can't walk, so he needs a bigger bathroom.

August 17, 2013

By Disappointed_Visitor

Do not be fooled by the area of town that this facility is located, it is not any better than other assisted living facilities. Met a resident there for lunch and the food and sevice well below par. Noticed a lot of attitude coming from most all the staff on duty. Lack security at the front desk, anyone could walk in and saw a resident fall at lunch due to the fact noone secured the locks on his wheel chair.

May 29, 2013

By Olga1

Hampton at Post Oak is a very nice, clean and a beautiful place. I was very pleased and mom is very happy with them. They also have a lot of activities. I give it all thumbs up, 100%.

September 24, 2012

By Kinder

The facility at the Hampton of Post Oak is excellent as it had priorly been used as a first class Hotel and has been adapted for elder care, assisted living. The staff is well trained, very clean and the procedures are excellent. Everyday everyone is encourage to live a full life. The food is excellent, with many fresh vegetables and fresh fruit included in the choices. The exercise activity is daily and varied, and available to residents, even with their walkers or in a wheel chair. I love the location, and it is easy to approach with hotel like drive ways and wheel chair access all throughout the building. There is no noise from the freeway, and excellent views over the tree canopies of Houston. The security was good and I felt secure in both visiting and leaving my loved ones there. I would recommend this facility to anyone who can afford its first class program. My loved ones were very happy living there.

September 30, 2011

By HoustonTX

My grandmother had a long and changing living experience at the Hampton Post Oak. She began in a normal apartment in the residential area. She developed friends, liked the amenities, and continued with her life as normal. As aging goes she began to deterioriate and the Hampton staff was extremely helpful and prepared. She first moved into the assisted living area. We never had any problems with the staff or the amenities. An example of their high class staff, was once when my grandmother voiced her unhappiness that she was no longer able to make her "famous" cookies. One of the wonderful staff took her old recipe and made them herself. It was a beautiful selfless act. When she was confined to a wheelchair, they made sure she was still able to visit with he old friends in the other apartment living area. Then when she worsened, the facilities were equipped with more intensive care facilities. Overall the Hampton Post Oak was a well-run, amicable, and trustworthy facility and I would recommend it to anyone looking in the Houston Area.

July 23, 2011

By caresurfer

This is a larger facility with independent living and skilled nursing in addition to assisted living. They have a chef. The food is phenomenal. Out of all the Hampton facilities, they have the best food. The staff is very courteous, and most of the staff members have worked there for quite some time. One staff member has worked there for 30 years. This is in downtown Houston, so there is lots of public transit, lots of shopping. They provide transportation to doctor's appointments. The facility used to be a hotel, so there are oodles of common areas. The residents' rooms are large. They can customize them however they want "“ some are over 2000 square feet, and one resident's room is almost the whole floor. The staff is easily approachable. They have a social worker on site, plus an executive director for the whole facility. This is a higher-end facility. They have home health that's available to the residents, and they utilize visiting doctor services. They have a parking garage for the residents and for visitors. They have residents who have been there for years, and they have lots of social engagement: poker club, karaoke, the men's club, plus holiday celebrations. There's always something on the calendar.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Galleria

April 24, 2013

By Colleen5

Hampton at Post Oak is absolutely beautiful. The woman who took me around the property was very nice. I stopped at the ground floor apartments but the ones she showed me were kind of dark. If you went up to the 2nd or 3rd floor, you got more light. The facility though is a little beyond my price range. That was the first place I visited and it's really hard to think about what would be appropriate for someone with my age. Everybody's preferences are different but I would prefer probably a smaller, not as quite as large a complex, with a mix of residents with different ages, with families or just singles or couples. That would give me a much more livable village kind of feeling.

Nursing Home Reviews for Brookdale Galleria

August 13, 2015

By willsarra1

I didn't even want to give one star. Stay Away. Go to the Forum. If this is skilled nursing, they forgot to tell their nurses. You have to be able to fend for yourself at this facility. They do not check on you at all at night. Stay away.

February 22, 2015

By Ann106545050

He is at Broodale Galleria in Houston, Texas. It has skilled nursing, assisted living, and independent living. It is a very nice place. It is very clean and nice looking. The care has been very good. The nurses are good, and the food is good. I don't have really anything bad to say about it. I would recommend this to other seniors. My father is in the skilled nursing so he is more limited. For him they have bingo and ice cream socials.

February 05, 2015

By Brookchase

My mother was in skilled nursing after a stroke for rehabilitation. The nurses were ok but most of the aides were lazy and scolded my mom if she went to the bathroom in her diaper. She would ring for the nurse or aid and sometimes it took 15 minutes or longer for them to show up. Also, the food was terrible to the point where I would have to bring her lunch just so she would eat. I would not send her back there.

December 17, 2014

By shocked and dismayed

I feel compelled to write this review, because this facility has a lot of work to get the 5 star rating I saw on the hospital list of recommendations. The nurses and CNAs are great! The place is clean. My mother only saw the resident doctor once after she was there 4 weeks and he stopped by early one morning for about 5 min. The place was undergoing an ownership change which made it worse. The supervisor wouldn't speak with me regarding my concerns and positive suggestions. They changed out her furniture with her in the room. She watched them load her things into plastic bags which were thrown on the floor where they sat for at least 12 hours waiting for her to ask for help to hang them back up. Her bed was changed and they forgot the bedrails! She couldn't get up by herself for more than 2 weeks without bedrails. Rehab services were not given to everyone on weekends, so she stayed in bed all weekend in diapers. The food was HORRIBLE and often nothing was served to her. No one bothered to check on her or noticed she went without meals. The nutritionists yelled at us when they were reprimanded and we got the blame daily. When interviewing the facilities, the various directors seemed so loving and caring, and even gave their cell numbers so we could reach them anytime 24/7. They didnt answer or return calls amd were nowhere to be found when needed. The social services department released my mother, who still couldn't walk or go to the bathroom by herself, to go home without assessment or inspections of home safety environment. She has not had proper medicare supervision since she went home 2 weeks ago. No shower, no walker, no wheelchair, no potty chair, no support. We have called 4 times in 7 days! I would NOT recommend this facility to anyone I love!

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet your expectations. Please be assured that the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families and friends. We will share and review your feedback to better serve our residents in the future.

May 14, 2012

By concerned-son

The nurses were excellent, the administration was uncaring and the doctor took 14 days to sign my father's death certificate. He sat in a refrigerator.

Photos of Brookdale Galleria

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Galleria

• Dining Extra: Restaurant Style Dining/Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Courtyard, Game Room, Arts & Crafts Studio, Bank, Library, Pub/Sports Bar, Therapy Room

• Technology Extra: 24 Hour Security System

• Range Of Services Extra: Postal Services, Concierge Service

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Brookdale Galleria

Brookdale Galleria provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Galleria