96 Assisted Living Facilities near Missouri City, TX
Also serving communities of Fresno.
There are 96 Assisted Living Facilities in the Missouri City area, with 5 in Missouri City and 91 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Missouri City is $2,916 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 450 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Missouri City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Missouri City 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bellaire with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Missouri City, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Missouri City, TX
91 Assisted Living Facilities near Missouri City, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Missouri City
Recognized by the 24/7 Wall Street online news agency as the 16th best place to live in the U.S. for 2014, the city of Missouri, Texas, is home to more than 74,000 residents. Comprising 11.7 percent of the total population, the 65 and older group find assistance with activities of daily living from among 95 assisted living facilities within the area, six of which are located within the city and 89 in nearby communities. ALFs in Missouri and the rest of Texas are regulated by the Texas Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Missouri City
- Missouri has an array of community resources for seniors, including senior programs composed of recreational activities administered by the city’s Department of Parks and Recreation. Activities include games, painting classes and lunches. Most of the activities are free, although some require minimal fees.
Air quality may be detrimental for Missouri city seniors with chronic respiratory ailments. The Houston-The Woodlands metro area, which includes Missouri, ranks 11th in the American Lung Association’s list of the most polluted metro areas in terms of high ozone days, 15th for annual particle pollution and 56th for 24-hour particle pollution.
- Missouri residents can take the METRO MCTX Commuter Connector bus service when going around the city or for connecting to other routes within the METRO transit system. Seniors can purchase a METRO Q fare card for half-fare discounts.
- The income tax policy of Texas is largely beneficial toward its senior residents. The state does not deduct taxes from any types of retirement income, including Social Security benefits, retirement account withdrawals and pension income.
- Missouri enjoys a relatively favorable comfort index of 71 out of 100, compared to the national index of 54. Winter months are generally tolerable with an average low temperature of 43 degrees and with almost zero snowfall. Summer months may provide some level of discomfort with an average high temperature of 94 degrees.
- Compared to the state’s overall cost of living of 101.8 and the national average of 100, Missouri’s cost of living at 112.8 makes it a relatively expensive location. Only groceries and healthcare at 92.9 and 93.1, respectively, fall below the state and national figures, offering some form of financial relief to senior residents.
Paying for Assisted Living in Missouri City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Missouri City start around $2,916 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Missouri City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Missouri City
Missouri and Texas seniors can access assisted living services offered through the STAR+PLUS Home and Community-Based Services waiver, provided they meet certain eligibility requirements. This Medicaid waiver is administered by the Texas Health and Human Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Missouri City
Missouri City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Missouri City, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Missouri City
Missouri City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Missouri City, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Missouri City
Review of Quality Living
My husband was I. Their care for about 5 mo the. He was diagnosed with progressive Alzheimer’s and was given 6 months to live. He got excellent care here and I was informed daily of his health. ... Read more
Review of The Avenues of Fort Bend
My mom was at The Avenues of Fort Bend. In general the staff seemed to be very friendly and caring. The difficulty there is that the facilities had a much lower staff-to-residents ratio. The proble... Read more
Review of The Avenues of Fort Bend
The Avenues of Fort Bend has been real good for my mother. It's nice and clean, the staff is very friendly, and they're very competitively priced. The food is not great, but it's OK. It's very blan... Read more