Missouri City, TX, is home to 74,259 residents, and 13.5% of them are aged 65 and older. These seniors can seek comprehensive medical services at UTHealth Science Center and Memorial Hermann Convenient Care Center at Sienna. Other nearby health care facilities include Houston Methodist Emergency Care Center in Sienna and St. Luke’s Health – Sugar Land Hospital. According to the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey, nursing home costs in Missouri City are lower than in the average American city. A semiprivate room here carries an average monthly cost of $5,627, while the national median is $7,756.

Nursing homes provide full-time care for individuals who need long-term personal and medical services. This care typically includes 24-hour monitoring, skilled nursing, meals and therapies. Due to this elevated support, nursing homes tend to cost significantly more than other types of senior accommodations. Seniors who do not require such extensive care may consider more affordable and suitable alternatives such as home health care or assisted living.

This guide shares the costs of different types of senior care in Missouri City and in nursing homes throughout the state. It also describes local resources available for older residents and their caregivers.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Missouri City, TX

Windsor Quail Valley Post-Acute Healthcare

3640 Hampton Drive, Missouri City, TX, 77459

There is no communication from staff to family. During covid we can’t visit, but window visits are allowed. We were shocked and disgusted on the condition of my sister. They closed the mini blinds and … (read more)

First Colony Health and Rehabilitation Center

4710 Lexington Boulevard, Missouri City, TX, 77459

This is the most depressing place to take your elderly. My father was there for a short rehab period, and when home in a horrible shape. Hungry, weigh loss, and in same or worse condition as he arrive … (read more)

Park Manor of Quail Valley

2350 Farm 1092, Missouri City, TX, 77459

Chelsea Gardens

4422 Riverstone Blvd, Missouri City, TX, 77459

Treemont Health Care Center

2501 Westerland Drive, Houston, TX, 77063

My mother-in-law was at Treemont Health Care Center. Our experience was OK. I wasn’t super impressed. They kept moving her from room to room and a lot of her clothes that we had sent kind of disappear … (read more)

Treemont Retirement Community

2501 Westerland Drive, Houston, TX, 77063

My husband is in Treemont right now. He is in the skilled nursing, and it is close to my home. It is the best choice for me to be able to go to him. I think the nurses are better than the others. Also … (read more)

2013

The Forum At Memorial Woods

777 North Post Oak Road, Houston, TX, 77024

The Forum At Memorial Woods feels like every person who works there really sincerely cares about our family. It’s not the most beautiful place, but it certainly is the most homey. It feels really good … (read more)

Brookdale Galleria

2929 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, TX, 77056

Hoping you see this, you guys cannot get my food order right at all and no fresh fruit like asked and why all the peppers? Please double check my order and seriously the candied pecan egg salad you gu … (read more)

St. Dominic Village

2409 E HOLCOMBE BLVD, Houston, TX, 77021

Decent for a nursing home. My mom loves it.
Decent for a nursing home. My mom loves it.

The Buckingham

8580 Woodway, Houston, TX, 77063

The Buckingham was a beautiful facility. The staff was very attentive and my friend enjoyed her stay there. She was doing some rehabilitation, and each time I visited it was clean, well taken care of, … (read more)

Holly Hall Retirement Community

2000 Holly Hall Street, Houston, TX, 77054

Staff and food great! Garden beautiful. Nurses caring and gave meds correctly. Would highly recommend.

The Crescent

11353 Sugar Park Lane, Sugar Land, TX, 77478

Terrible place. My mother developed bed sores here that never healed. The patients are neglected because they are very short-staffed. The staff leaves them lying in bed all day, and medication mix- … (read more)

Brazos Towers at Bayou Manor

4141 S Braeswood Blvd, Houston, TX, 77025

TIRR Memorial Hermann

1333 Moursund Street, Houston, TX, 77030

We went to TIRR Memorial Hermann, and that was a wonderful place; however, Gala was not ready for that level of therapy at the time in her journey with her strokes. It’s a very wonderful place; they … (read more)

Victory Home Health

9950 Westpark Dr # 426, , Houston, TX, 77063

Victory Home Health serviced me the after surgery, I am not elderly, but I had an extensive surgery. The services that they had were I have somebody to come in that helped me and assisted me from the … (read more)

Healthsouth Sugarland

1325 Highway 6, Sugar Land, TX, 77478

I’ve been in rehab at HealthSouth Sugar Land. Very positive atmosphere and everyone was very friendly. All rooms were private, and I had their largest room. I just accidentally stumbled into it, but i … (read more)

The Colonnades at Reflection Bay

12001 SHADOW CREEK PARKWAY, Pearland, TX, 77584

The rooms are clean but dated. Was hare for 14 day, post surgery rehab. Food : tasteless, sparce, in many cases inedible. Staff: As usual with facilities like this there were good and bad. Most of the … (read more)

The Concierge

2310 South Eldridge Parkway, Houston, TX, 77077

My mom was a resident of The Concierge in Houston. The facility was nice. I just had an issue with the CNAs not knowing their roles and responsibilities. I had to report them twice, on two separate oc … (read more)

Garden Terrace of Houston

7887 CAMBRIDGE ST, Houston, TX, 77054

This is a great place. Doesn’t smell. However, I’d called for the social worker days later she called back. She was short in speaking to me. I went there to speak to her to no avail. My calling her ag … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Missouri City, TX

Nursing home semiprivate rooms in Missouri City cost an average of $5,627 per month. Private rooms cost an average of $7,635 per month.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Comparing average monthly rates of nursing home semiprivate rooms, costs in Missouri City are $2,129 below the national average. However, this city’s costs are $608 above the Texas state average.

Missouri City is among the most expensive places for nursing home care compared to nearby cities. In the Beaumont area, seniors pay $365 less, and Victoria’s residents pay $274 less. Waco sees a greater difference, with rates running $882 cheaper than in Missouri City. Longview’s seniors save even more, as their costs fall $1,536 below prices in Missouri City.

$5627

Waco

$4091

Longview

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

For many families in Missouri City, understanding pricing differences helps in determining the best long-term care option for their aging loved one. The most affordable choice is adult day health care, which has an average monthly cost of $1,138. Home care and home health care each carry an average of $4,290 in Missouri City, while assisted living accommodations cost $4,750 per month. Nursing homes are the priciest arrangement. Semiprivate rooms cost $5,627 per month, and private rooms cost $7,635.

$1138

Home health care

$4750

Assisted living

$5627

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$7635

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Missouri City was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Houston Area, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Missouri City, TX

Free Resources for Seniors in Missouri City, TX

The free or low-cost resources listed below are helpful for Missouri City’s seniors and their families. These can delay the need for institutional-level care with home-based personal and medical services. The programs may also make it easier to transition into a nursing home and maintain well-being when that becomes the best option.

Resource

Contact

Service

The Houston-Galveston Area Agency on Aging helps older Texans remain healthy, safe and independent with a variety of services. Seniors can call for information and assistance including Medicare benefits counseling, health education and caregiver respite and training. The agency provides medical equipment and supplies, dental and vision assistance and home safety modifications. It also advocates for nursing home residents through the Long-Term Care Ombudsman program.

FBS serves seniors aged 60 and older at 12 congregate centers, including two in Missouri City. At each location, the agency provides hot lunches and daily recreation activities. Drivers deliver daily hot meals and provide safety checks for homebound seniors on weekdays. Recipients may also qualify for additional frozen meals.

The PINNACLE Center hosts free programs for Fort Bend County residents aged 50 and older. Services include fitness classes, social services and veterans’ assistance. The center also holds monthly financial planning and podiatry care sessions.

Lone Star Legal Aid provides free civil legal education, counseling, representation and advocacy to qualifying clients. Attorneys and staff assist with issues and concerns involving advance directives, public benefits, adult guardianship and unlawful nursing home discharges.