Pearland is a peaceful city in Texas located about 15 miles from the large city of Houston. The city has a population of about 120,000 people and around 8.4% of residents are aged 65 and over. Seniors in the city have access to medical treatment facilities at HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland and rehabilitation services at Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Pearland. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average monthly cost of nursing home care in Pearland is $5,627, which is about $2,000 less than the national average of $7,756.

The cost of nursing home care can be prohibitive due to the high level of care offered in these facilities. In a nursing home, the staff is available 24/7 to assist with all medical and physical care tasks for seniors who are chronically ill or extremely frail. Family members may want to look at alternative senior care options in Pearland such as assisted living and home care services.

This guide discusses the costs of nursing home care in Pearland and neighboring cities as well as alternative care options.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Pearland, TX

Windsong Care Center

3400 E Walnut St, Pearland, TX, 77581

I did a tour of Windsong Care Center. I have heard good reviews because its family-owned, and that’s private, not a corporate. It’s been around since 1975, and the third generation of the family owns … (read more)

The Colonnades at Reflection Bay

12001 SHADOW CREEK PARKWAY, Pearland, TX, 77584

The rooms are clean but dated. Was hare for 14 day, post surgery rehab. Food : tasteless, sparce, in many cases inedible. Staff: As usual with facilities like this there were good and bad. Most of the … (read more)

Tuscany Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation

2750 Miller Ranch Road, Pearland, TX, 77584

My wife was there for Rehab, after breaking her hip. The therapists were good just stretched to thin. Couldn’t spend enough time with patient. (10 or 15 minutes a day). There was one nurse and one aid … (read more)

The Medical Resort At Pearland

3406 Business Center Drive, Pearland, TX, 77584

My mom is in The Medical Resort At Pearland. I can never get in contact with her and they never let them know that family called, I have to go up there. They had a bug problem a week ago, and they fin … (read more)

Pasadena Care Center

4006 VISTA RD, Pasadena, TX, 77504

Very professional personal. Everyone is very nice. I had very good care. The therapy was great. I would recommend to a friend.

Friendswood Health Care Center

213 HERITAGE DR, Friendswood, TX, 77546

I was a resident at FHCC for only 3 months before Hurricane Harvey forced my displacement to a Nursing facility some 50 miles away — too bad and sad, because, that was the only reason which would mak … (read more)

Vista Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

4300 Vista Rd, Pasadena, TX, 77504

My husband has been in Vista Nursing & Rehabilitation Center for a week. It’s about 10 or 15 minutes from my house, which is less important than the quality of care that he gets. That nursing home … (read more)

Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

5020 Space Center Blvd, Pasadena, TX, 77505

I went to Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center. I made an appointment with them and they didn’t write it down. There was no one to give me a comprehensive tour, they were supposed t … (read more)

The Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

17231 MILL FOREST, Webster, TX, 77598

This is a very nice, convenient facility. It’s kept clean, with no foul odors, and when needing assistance, the staff is very willing to help. Our parents are at this facility, and we feel it’s a safe … (read more)

The Rehab Suites at Magnolia Crossing

10800 Flora Mae Meadows Road,, Houston, TX, 77089

The facility is clean, staff is so supportive and since the COVID pandemic, the staff has kept our family up to date on the facility policies and my grandmother is doing great! I am so happy with her … (read more)

Park Manor of South Belt

11902 RESOURCE PKWY, Houston, TX, 77089

Park Manor of South Belt was lovely. The people were just very nice. Everything was pleasant and the rooms were very clean. They had all kinds of activities for the residents, like exercise programs, … (read more)

The Medical Resort at Bay Area

4900 East Sam Houston Pkwy S, Pasadena, TX, 77505

Negative star rating! My loved one was there 4 nights before paramedics rushed him back to the hospital dehydrated, with failing kidneys, heart problems and a large bedsore. The nurse on duty told … (read more)

Faith Memorial Nursing Home

811 GARNER RD, Pasadena, TX, 77502

The staff of nurses, CNAs, physical therapy, kitchen staff, and office personnel give their best care and respect to the residents who can no longer care for themselves. As a family member I was alway … (read more)

Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation

7499 STANWICK DR, Houston, TX, 77087

The staff really care about the residents.
The staff really care about the residents.

Afton Oaks Nursing Center

7514 KINGSLEY ST, Houston, TX, 77087

I’m currently at this facility. I’m in the quarantine wing. Late night care is non-existent as the residents only have use of antiquated call light. There are no buzzers or electronic beeps to notify … (read more)

Friendship Haven Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

1500 Sunset Drive, Friendswood, TX, 77546

I chose Friendship Haven Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center for my dad. The location was closer to my home and the nurses are very nice. The rooms are nice. They’re older, but they are nice. The sta … (read more)

Winchester Lodge Healthcare Center

1112 SMITH DR, Alvin, TX, 77511

My dad was at Winchester Lodge Healthcare Center. It was right across the street from my mom’s house. It was a brief rehab, post-hospital kind of stay. Everything was really positive. At that time it … (read more)

Paramount Healthcare Co

3434 Watters Road, Pasadena, TX, 77504

My wife’s aunt did rehab at Paramount Healthcare Co. It was great and it was really good for her. It was clean and didn’t have a smell. The staff was really great. She was happy the whole time she was … (read more)

Manorcare Health Services

750 W Texas Avenue, Webster, TX, 77598

This place is now called Webster Residence and Rehabilitation. My husband stayed here for 8 days for respite care..he came back with open bed sores and he looked like he lost a substantial amount of w … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Pearland, Texas

Nursing home costs in Pearland average $5,627 for a semiprivate room and $7,635 for a private room per month.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

It may be of interest to family members to look at nursing home care costs in neighboring cities before making the right choice for their loved one. The average monthly cost for a semiprivate room in Pearland is about $2,000 less than the national average. However, it costs about $600 more than the Texas state average of $5,019.

Nursing home care costs in Pearland are similar to those in Corpus Christi ($5,519) but cheaper than in Brownsville ($6,350). Care costs in Austin ($5,201) and Beaumont ($5,262) are slightly cheaper than in Pearland.

$5627

Brownsville

$5262

Beaumont

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

It may also be useful to compare the costs of other types of senior care in Pearland, especially if family members are unsure if a nursing home is the correct choice for their loved one. Adult Day Care is the least expensive option at an average monthly cost of $1,138. Home care and home health care services both have an average monthly cost of $4,290 while the average cost of assisted living is $4,750 per month. Nursing home care has an average monthly cost of $5,627 for a semiprivate room and $7,635 for a private room.

$1138

$5627

Nursing home semiprivate

$7635

Nursing home private

Note: Data for Pearland was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Houston, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Pearland, Texas

Free Resources for Seniors in Pearland, Texas

These resources may be of interest to seniors and their family members who are looking at nursing home care and are looking at ways to safely stay in their own homes for a longer period of time. Some of the resources may assist those who have decided that it is the right time to move to nursing home care and are looking at financial options.

ResourceContactServices
Meals on Wheels(281) 485-5081The Pearland Meals on Wheels is a nonprofit organization that delivers hot meals to seniors and other disabled adults who are homebound and unable to prepare a meal for themselves. The organization is funded by donations from the public and churches in the area. Volunteers deliver the meals around noon each day from Monday to Friday. There is no charge for the meal but donations are always appreciated.
Woodlands Interfaith Senior Services(281) 367-1230This is a nonprofit organization that is supported by a number of churches in the area. Volunteers assist seniors aged 62 and older by providing services to assist them to safely remain in their own homes. Services offered include transportation, grocery delivery, home-maintenance programs and senior activities.
Elderly Care Services(281) 219-9024This organization can provide help and guidance for seniors looking at nursing home care and alternative care options. The staff members will guide seniors through possible Medicaid benefits and Medicaid waivers that may be applicable to them. Additional services offered include respite hours for family caregivers, estate planning and senior social events.