Pearland is a peaceful city in Texas located about 15 miles from the large city of Houston. The city has a population of about 120,000 people and around 8.4% of residents are aged 65 and over. Seniors in the city have access to medical treatment facilities at HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland and rehabilitation services at Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Pearland. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average monthly cost of nursing home care in Pearland is $5,627, which is about $2,000 less than the national average of $7,756.

The cost of nursing home care can be prohibitive due to the high level of care offered in these facilities. In a nursing home, the staff is available 24/7 to assist with all medical and physical care tasks for seniors who are chronically ill or extremely frail. Family members may want to look at alternative senior care options in Pearland such as assisted living and home care services.

This guide discusses the costs of nursing home care in Pearland and neighboring cities as well as alternative care options.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Pearland, TX

Windsong Village Convalescent Center

3400 E WALNUT, Pearland, TX, 77581

Love this place. They took such great care of my wife. Great staff and great care. I highly recommend them for care of a loved one.

The Colonnades at Reflection Bay

12001 SHADOW CREEK PARKWAY, Pearland, TX, 77584

Do not take your relative here under any circumstances. The Management is deplorable. They did not keep the family abreast on the decisions being made for the patient. My Aunt and Step father were a … (read more)

Tuscany Village Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation

2750 Miller Ranch Road, Pearland, TX, 77584

My mother was suppose to go here after hospital admission, the administrator called personally and introduced himself (which I admired) invited me out to tour the facility, when out on late Friday whe … (read more)

Baywood Crossing Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center

5020 Space Center Blvd, Pasadena, TX, 77505

My loved one was here and very please with the care they received . The food was great . The Activities Director is very involved and cares about the residents and always has things for them to do.

Pasadena Care Center

4006 VISTA RD, Pasadena, TX, 77504

Very professional personal. Everyone is very nice. I had very good care. The therapy was great. I would recommend to a friend.

Friendswood Health Care Center

213 HERITAGE DR, Friendswood, TX, 77546

I was a resident at FHCC for only 3 months before Hurricane Harvey forced my displacement to a Nursing facility some 50 miles away — too bad and sad, because, that was the only reason which would mak … (read more)

The Pointe Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

17231 MILL FOREST, Webster, TX, 77598

This is a very nice, convenient facility. It’s kept clean, with no foul odors, and when needing assistance, the staff is very willing to help. Our parents are at this facility, and we feel it’s a safe … (read more)

Clear Brook Crossing Rehabilitation Center

10800 Flora Mae Meadows Road,, Houston, TX, 77089

The facility is clean, staff is so supportive and since the COVID pandemic, the staff has kept our family up to date on the facility policies and my grandmother is doing great! I am so happy with her … (read more)

The Medical Resort at Bay Area

4900 East Sam Houston Pkwy S, Pasadena, TX, 77505

If I could give this place negative stars I would! My father has been in this facility for several months and we have had the most difficult time getting to speak with him or even to get someone from … (read more)

Park Manor of South Belt

11902 RESOURCE PKWY, Houston, TX, 77089

My mom has been at Park Manor for about two months. We have have been very pleasantly surprised by the overall quality of care and cleanliness. Mom has never been in a facility before and we were expe … (read more)

Faith Memorial Nursing Home

811 GARNER RD, Pasadena, TX, 77502

The staff of nurses, CNAs, physical therapy, kitchen staff, and office personnel give their best care and respect to the residents who can no longer care for themselves. As a family member I was alway … (read more)

Courtyard Nursing and Rehabilitation

7499 STANWICK DR, Houston, TX, 77087

The staff really care about the residents.
The staff really care about the residents.

Afton Oaks Nursing Center

7514 KINGSLEY ST, Houston, TX, 77087

I’m currently at this facility. I’m in the quarantine wing. Late night care is non-existent as the residents only have use of antiquated call light. There are no buzzers or electronic beeps to notify … (read more)

Winchester Lodge Healthcare Center

1112 SMITH DR, Alvin, TX, 77511

My dad was at Winchester Lodge Healthcare Center. It was right across the street from my mom’s house. It was a brief rehab, post-hospital kind of stay. Everything was really positive. At that time it … (read more)

Paramount Healthcare Co

3434 Watters Road, Pasadena, TX, 77504

My wife’s aunt did rehab at Paramount Healthcare Co. It was great and it was really good for her. It was clean and didn’t have a smell. The staff was really great. She was happy the whole time she was … (read more)

Friendship Haven Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

1500 Sunset Drive, Friendswood, TX, 77546

This place is terrible, I would send anyone here, no communication, if you do talk with someone you get wrong information, call backs are horrible, doctor on call never called me back – food is crappy … (read more)

Manorcare Health Services

750 W Texas Avenue, Webster, TX, 77598

This place is now called Webster Residence and Rehabilitation. My husband stayed here for 8 days for respite care..he came back with open bed sores and he looked like he lost a substantial amount of w … (read more)

Briarwood Nursing & Rehabilitation

7633 BELLFORT, Houston, TX, 77061

Unless this is the last place taking residents, please go somewhere else. Upon visiting everything was presented as nice and happy patients, etc. Upon being admitted, staff were too lazy, uncommitted … (read more)

Alvin Health Care Center

416 N SHIRLEY ST, Alvin, TX, 77511

Manda Ann Convalescent Home

7441 COFFEE ST, Houston, TX, 77033

Nursing Home Costs in Pearland, Texas

Nursing home costs in Pearland average $5,627 for a semiprivate room and $7,635 for a private room per month.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

It may be of interest to family members to look at nursing home care costs in neighboring cities before making the right choice for their loved one. The average monthly cost for a semiprivate room in Pearland is about $2,000 less than the national average. However, it costs about $600 more than the Texas state average of $5,019.

Nursing home care costs in Pearland are similar to those in Corpus Christi ($5,519) but cheaper than in Brownsville ($6,350). Care costs in Austin ($5,201) and Beaumont ($5,262) are slightly cheaper than in Pearland.

$5627

Brownsville

$5262

Beaumont

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

It may also be useful to compare the costs of other types of senior care in Pearland, especially if family members are unsure if a nursing home is the correct choice for their loved one. Adult Day Care is the least expensive option at an average monthly cost of $1,138. Home care and home health care services both have an average monthly cost of $4,290 while the average cost of assisted living is $4,750 per month. Nursing home care has an average monthly cost of $5,627 for a semiprivate room and $7,635 for a private room.

$1138

$5627

Nursing home semiprivate

$7635

Nursing home private

Note: Data for Pearland was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Houston, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Pearland, Texas

Free Resources for Seniors in Pearland, Texas

These resources may be of interest to seniors and their family members who are looking at nursing home care and are looking at ways to safely stay in their own homes for a longer period of time. Some of the resources may assist those who have decided that it is the right time to move to nursing home care and are looking at financial options.

ResourceContactServices
Meals on Wheels(281) 485-5081The Pearland Meals on Wheels is a nonprofit organization that delivers hot meals to seniors and other disabled adults who are homebound and unable to prepare a meal for themselves. The organization is funded by donations from the public and churches in the area. Volunteers deliver the meals around noon each day from Monday to Friday. There is no charge for the meal but donations are always appreciated.
Woodlands Interfaith Senior Services(281) 367-1230This is a nonprofit organization that is supported by a number of churches in the area. Volunteers assist seniors aged 62 and older by providing services to assist them to safely remain in their own homes. Services offered include transportation, grocery delivery, home-maintenance programs and senior activities.
Elderly Care Services(281) 219-9024This organization can provide help and guidance for seniors looking at nursing home care and alternative care options. The staff members will guide seniors through possible Medicaid benefits and Medicaid waivers that may be applicable to them. Additional services offered include respite hours for family caregivers, estate planning and senior social events.