The Crescent

Reviews of The Crescent

Nursing Home Reviews for The Crescent

October 05, 2019

By granny goose

The only part that was any good was the physical therapy.Patient care was a joke.Nursing care was a joke.No communication at all in this place.They are only interested in getting paid every month.Meals would be delivered cold and out of patients reach.not a happy stay for my relative.God forbid you ask for anything you got attitude.I do not recommend this place at all.

We pride ourselves on providing an exemplary patient experience and we're deeply disappointed to see that your relative's patient experience did not reflect that. We would like to discuss how we could have made their stay better, please reach out to us, we hope to hear from you soon.

January 24, 2019

By mswoods36

We were given a tour and told that all rooms were private. However, when my mother was actually admitted the rooms somehow became semi-private. I would find candy wrappers in bed with my mom even though she does not eat candy and is disabled. Staff was slow, rude, and uncaring. The facility appeared to be understaffed especially in the evening. My mother was to receive therapy which she did not and had to be admitted to the hospital for another surgery due to their lack to give good care.

January 30, 2017

By The crescent is a failure!

Not the best facility! Poor care! Never enough incontinent supplies! Linen, stained & stinky! Poor housekeeping! Staff is not polite! Very happy with the new facility my mother transferred to.

December 17, 2016

By mesotelo

Poor care. Not enough staff. My relative usually found in dirty diaper. One morning I walked in my relative was cold when I went to cover her, the covers and sheets soaking wet. Who knows when was the last time they had changed her diaper. I had to ask housekeeper to vacuum her room. A couple of nurses very nice and good but rest not at all personable.

November 13, 2016

By Kimlew

I visited with my loved one recently and the place is simply beautiful I couldn't believe that it was a nursing home. The staff was so nice and gentle with her. My loved one is now home and doing great thanks to the awesome therapy team. She is scheduled to return after the the 2nd surgery in a few months. My family and I would recommend this facility to anyone looking to get good therapy and nursing care the whole process went so smooth. Thank you to The Crescent staff we truly appreciate you all God Bless.

November 11, 2016

By Amymiller

I was hesitant to bring my uncle to this facility because I had seen some bad reviews on the website. I spoke to the Management staff about my concerns and decided to admit my uncle. His care was excellent and was able to walk out and back to his home after 4 weeks. I will recommend this facility to anyone looking for skilled care.

November 10, 2016

By BriannaJackson

The facility is beautiful and the staff members were very pleasant and engaged with the Patient

October 29, 2015

By Astounded at the incompetance

My sister was sent to The Crescent from hospital because she was weak and needed continued therapy while on iv antibiotics. Nursing came into the room when she first arrived to help her into bed but left promptly and did not come back until the next day. No history was taken, no new patient kit, no water, no medications, nothing. The facility does not have IV monitors. Every time my sister would call for help she would tell the person who answered on speaker what she needed. Then it would be an hour wait and the aid would come and turn off the button and say she would tell the nurse. Another hour would go by and she might see the nurse. Once my sister became sick to her stomach and threw up in the waste basket. When the aid finally came she looked in the wast basket and then left saying she would tell the nurse. Why have a call system and the person who answers does not let the appropriate person know what is needed? Every one that visited noted how the staff was cold and distant. Then when my sister finally got to therapy it was a tug of war to see who would assist my sister back to bed between PT and nurse aid. We finally transferred my sister to another facility because we decided The Crescent was not equipped to handle her needs. We could not risk her having a set back over The Crescents inadequate staff.

July 08, 2015

By houstontm

The Crescent is a beautiful facility. Unfortunately, the care is subpar. The call lights are always ringing, my mother was rarely bathed and she was discouraged from walking the halls. Management never returned any of my calls nor would they make eye contact with us as we passed in the hallways.

March 02, 2015

By TheGrandDaughterThatDoesNotPlay

My grandmother was recently a patient at The Crescent. The staff is far from professional. My grandmother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and the care that she would receive from the nurses was horrible. They would enter the room and not even introduce who they were. Staff would change shifts and the evening crew was definitely the worst. On several occasions her morning nurse would leave at 2pm and we would not see her night nurse until 8 pm. We NEVER left my grandmother alone. Someone was always present because we did not trust over half of the staff there. They would come and treat her so rough as if she was dead. They even gave her the wrong medications. If you love the person that needs additional care, then trust me, The Crescent is definitely not the place to go. Even the ambulatory service had a problem communicating with the staff with paperwork. All they want to know is when and how will they get paid. Speech therapy is a rip off because the elderly woman they have coming in to administer speech therapy could not handle an Alzheimer's patient. Yet they want to bill you for services you did not receive. If you ring the bell, ring it 30 minutes in advance because that is how long it takes them to come in to respond to the emergency bell. I can tell you this, I have witnessed when I walk the hallways, the lights are flashing, the patients are screaming out in pain, and the nurses are sitting at the nurses station enjoying their conversations ignoring the calls they hear. This is one reason why we slept on the floor next to our grandmother because we did not trust these nurses. There are maybe 3 nurses that we have dealt with that are compassionate, but the rest, especially the aides, are the ones you definitely need to watch. I did not want to rate any stars because this facility needs a class on ethics and professionalism, but i will rate one star for the cleanliness. The entire staff needs to learn how to communicate from upper management especially the lady that is a social worker there all the way to the nurses. The staff is comfortable with disrespecting you, the rolling of the eyes and the body language, and the raising of the voices to the patients and family members. This facility needs to undergo an investigation.

February 25, 2015

The Crescent is a very nice facility and very modern. It has a warm homey feeling to it. The staff was very accommodating to my visit because I did a cold call. The administrative staff was happy to see me. They took my name down and put it on a waiting list just in case I decided that is where I want my parents to be. They showed me around, and the people I ran into there seemed very happy. There was a lot of happy and active noise. People were talking and moving around.

September 25, 2014

By kcmatheson

I have visited all of the places in the Sugar Land area and feel that The Crescent is the best. The staff, for the most part, is friendly, professional and very adept. The place is beautiful and run well. The nursing staff cares and checks on the dwellers frequently. The food is excellent and the rooms very nice. The therapy staff is superb and the nurses to patients is high. I would definitely recumbent this facility. I have visited people in many others and have toured all of them and feel that The Crescent is the best.

September 04, 2014

By Jon Bernard

My father has been at The Crescent in Sugarland for just over a year. I see a lot of negative comments about this facility, but our experience has been very positive. I do know that the facility has made/is making a lot of Administrative personnel changes and the new Director of Nursing is doing an an excellent job in getting rid of some of the "problem" staff. His meals are not always timely, but overall the day to day care for my father has been excellent. Ask to speak to Bernadette when touring as she has been at the facility for a long time and is very knowledgeable about everything going on in the building

June 05, 2014

By airlex

The only reason I gave this place a star is because you have to in order to write a review. This place is the worst, please don't be distracted by the fact that the building is new. The care and attention is simply not there. I would steer clear of this place. Management is rude and unavailable to discuss any issues with you and the rest of the staff, well they fall right in line with the managers.

March 14, 2014

By forever812

This place shouldnt even get a star. Its a pretty place. Half the staff seems to be new. Weve heard other residents yelling at staff. You can hear people in the facility yelling for help. They dont offer therapy on weekends. The staff has horrible attitudes. Will only change your clothes and bedsheets if you repeatedly demand it. They dont clean the rooms only the public spaces. Bad treatment of patients. They forget food and medicines. They mix things up. Dont send loved ones here

January 31, 2014

Because The Crescent has skilled nursing facility, that's where my wife had ended up. I would give them 5 across the board. The facility was nice. The rooms were very nice. My wife had a private room and it had everything you needed there. It was very comfortable. The caregivers were excellent. Everybody I came in contact with was very supportive and very nice.

October 13, 2013

Mom used to stay at The Crescent it was a brand new facility and they were very accommodating. The staff was gentle and kind. They were willing to adjust things to fit what the patients needed. I would recommend them to others.

August 27, 2013

By Caring ESL

The Crescent is a very nice place. It is clearly an upgraded facility. It is very nice-looking. They have a call system that residents can use to call for assistance, wherein the light goes off in front of your room and they would come within 5 minutes to see what the problem is. Their rooms are small, so I won't be able to fit all my furniture in. The bathroom though is very nice except I couldn't get my legs under the sink. They did try to make it accessible where they planted wood panel under the sink to try to protect your legs from the pipes but the slanted wood would get in the way of your knees.

Services and Amenities of The Crescent

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 03/01/2020

About The Crescent

The Crescent is a senior living provider in Sugar Land, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Crescent for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Crescent