Orchard Park at Victory Lakes

Reviews of Orchard Park at Victory Lakes

Assisted Living Reviews for Orchard Park at Victory Lakes

May 31, 2017

By david750634

We haven't been really happy with Orchard Park at Victory Lakes. They let my mom's blood pressure get too low, and she had to go to the hospital. I don't think they're staffed enough to take care of everything that needs to be taken care of. The rooms are great though, and they got little refrigerators -- not the mini bar type, but the medium sized ones. They got a sink, cabinets, a bedroom, and a bathroom. They got handrails going down the hallways. The location is great, it's in a middle of a ritzy neighborhood, and they have courtyards on the inside of the cottages. There are rooms that open up into the courtyard, and the food is pretty good. The activities are good, and they get on a bus and go to places. We've had to constantly be there every day just to make sure they do things, and we don't have the confidence in them to not go by every day to check on my parents.

May 08, 2017

By Victoria142025

My boss went with Orchard Park at Victory Lakes. It was great. The place is friendly and clean. They have bingo. They provide all meals. They get their own apartment. My grandfather is a resident there, too.

October 06, 2016

By billewey

If they did what they promised, this would be a great place. The Care Staff is compassionate, but not well organized or trained. Our experience with manage,emt is that they are not honest. It appears as though they are cutting budget. At least the food quality is going down and the staff seems overworked. Look careful, but there are better places.

September 30, 2016

By Cindy073040

The rooms at Orchard Park at Victory Lakes Assisted Living and Memory Care are nice, but htey were a little bit small for the price and a little bit more expensive. The food and the staff are good. They were friendly and accommodating.

May 10, 2016

By MonicaCCDXO

We visited Orchard Park. It's very clean and offered a lot of different activities. I think you can have you pet there, but you have to pay extra. The staff was very nice and seemed very well trained.

March 08, 2016

By Bobbie10

I have been staying at Orchard Park at Victory Lakes Assisted Living and Memory Care for two weeks now and have been treated very well. The staff has been very good. I will be staying here for three months for therapy. My room is the smallest one, which is very nice. The price is reasonable, too. They have a gym where I do my therapy, which is working for me. The dining room is very nice and homey, and the food is very good. We have activities going on every day.

February 12, 2015

I visited another facility. It's a new memory care facility in League City. It is a locked down facility for Alzheimer's. I actually am thinking about sending my husband there when I'm ready to place him. It is new so it is pretty and clean. Everyone is friendly. What I did not like about them and currently holding me back is that you have to furnish the room. They don't have rooms that you can move right into that are already furnished. Since it has a locked down facility for Alzheimer's patients, the place is more appropriate for me.

October 28, 2014

By icecream

I am very concerned about the level of care at this facility. They do not respond for extended time after the person pushes his/her call button. Twice recently I ended up getting the person on and off the toilet. I have no proper training and fear I am going to cause my friend to take a fall. The staff is very pleasant but the facility is understaffed creating a less than adequate wait time. The facility is clean and the apartments are very nice. If they could provide better assistance to the residents this would be an ideal place for a senior member of your family to live.

May 26, 2014

By Texas girl 1

Orchard Park at VL is a great place for my Mom. The communication between staff and me is first rate. All staff are approachable and knowledgeable. All staff really take the time to get to know my Mom and genuinely care about her. My Mom has enjoyed living there. It's clean and everything works. Any and all of my comments and concerns have been addressed quickly. Staff seem to enjoy being there. Highly recommend.

February 27, 2014

I didn't like Orchard Parks. The rooms were small. The basic care was very expensive and everything else was an add-on charge. They were still building it and they weren't ready to open. They just had a walk thru and didn't have anything else. It just wasn't a good open house.

Memory Care Reviews for Orchard Park at Victory Lakes

Questions about Orchard Park at Victory Lakes

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All Memory Care staff go through ongoing Memory Care training that teaches Validation techniques to our staff. Person-centered care means that your loved one is cared for as an individual & their personal needs are met in an individual way.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Orchard Park at Victory Lakes. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our resident's ages vary from the mid 60's to the mid 90's, but averages in the low to mid 80's. Our programs are designed though to keep them young at heart.

What programs or activities does Orchard Park at Victory Lakes offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer several different exercise programs, focused on strengthening core muscles and balance, We are honored to have a well-known artist, Bobbie Kilpatrick, who lives in our community & teaches various art & jewelry making classes to our residents. Our Activity Director truly thinks outside of the box & offers wide variety and selection of activities, events & programming both in house & out to keep our resident's socially enriched & engaged. We also have a number of different church services offered weekly, including communion with St. Mary's Catholic Church.

What places are near Orchard Park at Victory Lakes or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located right behind a nice shopping center that includes JC Penney, Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree & Wal Mart. Our van also does weekly shopping trips to various locations too. There are also several restaurants within a block of our community.

What transportation services does Orchard Park at Victory Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

Our van is available on Tuesday's & Thursdays to take our resident to area medical appointments. The activities department uses the van on Wednesday to transport residents to shopping & outside planned activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Orchard Park at Victory Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A resident has the choice of a full breakfast or lighter choices including fresh cut fruits, oatmeal, yogurt & cereal. Our Chef makes a homemade soup daily & sets up a small salad bar. There is a main entree offered at lunch & dinner but the residents can also choose off of our alternates menu with 5-6 choices that rotate monthly.

What safety features or security measures does Orchard Park at Victory Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

All apartments are equipped with Emergency call system, smoke detectors and sprinklers and we do regular fire drills. Each resident wears an emergency call button too that is monitored by our Care Partners 24/7. In addition, our community has a camera system throughout the property that we regularly monitor as an added safety measure. We also have a front desk Concierge on duty 7 days a week to greet residents & guests entering or leaving the community and the front door is locked before dark every evening. Those entering after hours can use a coded keypad for entrance.

How does Orchard Park at Victory Lakes keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We like saying that we become partners in care with our families. Communication nowadays is a matter of personal preference, it allows us to offer text messages, emails, calls or a one on one meeting with our families and residents. Our community has an " Open door policy" ; families are welcomed at any time to discuss the needs of their loved ones. But if a resident is sent out to the hospital, the family will be notified immediately by our Med Tech on duty 24/7.

If Orchard Park at Victory Lakes accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept small cats and dogs, no more than 20 lbs. With beautifully landscaped courtyards, these loved companions enjoy the company of their owners and can be seen visiting other residents or enjoying morning walks. Service pets are welcomed. We also partner with an area pet therapy program & encourage families to bring pets by to visit those residents who have chosen not to bring a pet of their own.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our team receives training throughout the year with topics ranging from care to emotional connection. Our memory care team is dedicated in understanding their conditions and bring normalcy to their lives, creating pleasant moments with reminiscing and engaging activities.

What safety features or security measures does Orchard Park at Victory Lakes provide to protect residents who wander?

Our community also has 40 bed secured Memory Care neighborhood available for residents who need a more secure environment with more hands on. One of our main features is the training our memory care team receives on how to manage challenging moments and help our residents express their wants & needs that have created those moments.

What programs or activities does Orchard Park at Victory Lakes offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Memory Care neighborhood includes our Journey's program where each individual is unique & care is based upon a person's strength, interests, needs & desires and not just on their disease diagnosis. . The activities, socialization and enrichment programs are specifically tailored to meet our resident’s needs and level of function. We know that every interaction is an opportunity to connect with another person & everything that occurs during a typical day is on opportunity for a meaningful activity.

A resident is assessed prior to admission, 14 days after admission and then every 6 months unless we see that their has been a change in their level of care at which time we will reassess their needs. We do a team approach led by our Wellness Director, Memory Care Director, Resident Care Coordinator & Medication Techs. We also communicate with a resident's Primary Physician about our residents and their annual re-assessments too.

What techniques does Orchard Park at Victory Lakes use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our Director, Med Tech & Care Partners are available to assist our residents at meal time. We also have the staffing ability in our Memory Care to assist residents with feeding if needed.

How does Orchard Park at Victory Lakes keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Orchard Park at Victory Lakes. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Orchard Park at Victory Lakes is bordered by the beautiful Victory Lakes subdivision as well as a nice retail center which includes UTMB Geriatrics Clinic, shopping, banks & restaurants and is less than 1/2 a mile from a large skilled nursing center, UTMB & MD Anderson Hospitals.

Is Orchard Park at Victory Lakes affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are located a 1/2 mile from the UTMB Victory Lakes Hospital & the new MD Anderson Cancer Center. Methodist St. John & Clear Lake Regional hospitals are within about 5-7 miles too and are all well equipped & respected hospitals

Costs for Orchard Park at Victory Lakes

Photos of Orchard Park at Victory Lakes

Services and Amenities of Orchard Park at Victory Lakes

• Fee Structure Extra: Mc Is All Inclusive/Al Is Rent + Care/$1750 Community Fee

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About Orchard Park at Victory Lakes

Orchard Park at Victory Lakes is located in the City of League City, in Texas. Our community is home to residents that value their independence, but may just need a little extra help around the house. Orchard Park at Victory Lakes is a place where both staff and residents love what they do – and it shows. It’s a home where residents are empowered to live life their way, every day, no matter how their healthcare needs may change. At Orchard Park at Victory Lakes, everyone who walks through our doors becomes a member of our family – and what’s more important than family!

Orchard Park at Victory Lakes is an Assisted Living and Memory Care community with luxurious services and amenities. Everything at our community – from our prime real estate in League City, to restaurant-style dining, spacious apartments, and personalized support and nurturing care, is designed for our residents.

As a resident of Orchard Park at Victory Lakes, you’ll enjoy a full range of services and amenities.

Services

• Care provided by a certified staff who is on site 24/7

Amenities

• Furnished apartments
  • Daily activities and outings
  • Full service salon and spa
  • Restaurant style dining
  • Relaxing common areas

The needs for memory care are different. Current research demonstrates that the most significant things we can are physical activity, socialization, good nutrition, a consistent routine, a sense of purpose all in an environment that is safe and secure.

A Safe and Secure Environment – Safety first is of utmost importance. Residents in this secure area of our community also wear Wander Guards. They are in our care and they are safe.

A Caring Staff – Our experience with Alzheimer’s and dementia care is long and extensive. Our mission is to provide a place where residents may live fully and with dignity. Our staff receives regular ongoing training for memory care and is available 24/7.

A Nurturing Environment – From our sunny courtyards to our café and library, we provide a variety of spaces to enjoy.

Dining and Wellness – Nutrition is a big part of our care. Proper care means proper nutrition and we make sure our residents are eating nutritious and balanced meals Life Enrichment – We offer programs designed to keep our residents engaged physically, socially and emotionally.

At Orchard Park at Victory Lakes, residents are surrounded by everything they need to lead a fulfilling and meaningful life. We enrich the lives of each and every resident and family member because we believe everyone deserves a great life.

Map of Orchard Park at Victory Lakes